2015-2016 University of Cincinnati Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After I enter in all the financial numbers the website freezes and says try again later

Hmm I never encountered that. Sorry :/ Try reaching out to the Need Access people?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone happen to know when/where the Second Look stuff will be posted online?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be looking for a roommate come May-June time. Location is Hyde Park. The rent will be likely around $1000 (utilities/internet costs TBD) per month. Off-street parking in a private lot, washer/dryer in-unit, full kitchen w/ dishwasher, you get your own room + own full bath. Will be fully furnished, but you can elect to bring your own mattress (size TBD). 10 minute drive to campus.

If interested, I'll PM you with more details once I have them. I don't have a gender preference (I am male).

No one's gotten any info regarding final transcripts, vaccinations, etc, correct?

Reactions: 1 user
Wow, I'm glad they sent out that email with the school code cuz it turns out I entered the wrong one on FAFSA!
I don't think I got an email about that, did it give a different school code than the one listed on the New Student Instructions?

I don't think I got an email about that, did it give a different school code than the one listed on the New Student Instructions?

Wait...what is this New Student Instructions you speak of??
The code is 003125.

For those of you who have already sent in your FAFSA, how long did it take for it to be processed by Cincinnati and checked off on the financial aid application page of the portal?

Wait...what is this New Student Instructions you speak of??
The code is 003125.

Thanks. That's the code I entered, but I got worried when I saw your comment as I never got an email about it.
The new student instructions is a list of financial aid things to turn in, pretty much the same list they gave us at second look if you went to the financial aid presentation: http://www.med.uc.edu/financialservices/applying/newstudents

For those of you who have already sent in your FAFSA, how long did it take for it to be processed by Cincinnati and checked off on the financial aid application page of the portal?
It only took a day or two for my FAFSA to show up as processed on the portal

I just checked and mine was marked as received (it wasn't earlier this week). I had added the school code 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone happen to know when the wait-list rankings are sent out? I thought it was the end of April/beginning of May...but obviously that isn't very specific.

Members don't see this ad :)
It looks like there's a new form posted for us to fill out on the portal!
It asks, "Years of Consecutive Ohio Residence Prior to Today", I am assuming that means legal residence? Like I've lived here for the last four years for college but I'm not a resident so I should put zero, right?

It looks like there's a new form posted for us to fill out on the portal!
It asks, "Years of Consecutive Ohio Residence Prior to Today", I am assuming that means legal residence? Like I've lived here for the last four years for college but I'm not a resident so I should put zero, right?
When is it due do you know?

Also, does that $150 fee for the CasteBranch thing go towards our tuition!? that's a good chunk of money just to register for a portal...

When is it due do you know?

Also, does that $150 fee for the CasteBranch thing go towards our tuition!? that's a good chunk of money just to register for a portal...

I'm not sure.
And the $150 fee is for the second background check.

Oh no! Our Cinci email is the same username that was used to log into the portal. So like first 6 letters of last name + first letter of first name + first letter of middle name. Mine is so weird sounding!

Anybody know where we get our Student IDs to register for the portal?

Oh no! Our Cinci email is the same username that was used to log into the portal. So like first 6 letters of last name + first letter of first name + first letter of middle name. Mine is so weird sounding!

Were you able to activate your email? I keep trying to, but I can't log into the email system (I can log into Med One Stop just fine)

Were you able to activate your email? I keep trying to, but I can't log into the email system (I can log into Med One Stop just fine)

Yeah I was able to activate it yesterday. Hmmm.

Would you mine posting the May deadlines? I haven't officially decided on UC yet and don't want to pay the $150 until I do.

It says the deadline for activating your email and finishing the supplementary information form is May 1st. The rest of the stuff is due in June/July. Is that what you meant by May deadlines?

It says the deadline for activating your email and finishing the supplementary information form is May 1st. The rest of the stuff is due in June/July. Is that what you meant by May deadlines?
Yes. Thank you! And can we only activate our email from that $150 portal?

Waitlist rankings came out! Anyone know approximately how many have come off the waitlist in previous years?

Waitlist rankings came out! Anyone know approximately how many have come off the waitlist in previous years?

Someone asked this question at my interview day. I think they said 17 current M1s were initially on the waitlist, but I am definitely not certain on that.

If you're still stuck, I had the same problem and IT cleared it up for me. The default password just didn't work, so they had to set a different one.

Does anyone from the middle tier ever get in off waitlist?

I think it varies - some years it's little movement and others up to 50-80 apparently from looking at past threads. It also looks like from past years, people from the waitlist are taken off from different tiers depending on matriculant characteristics.

Does anyone know when financial aid is supposed to come out? It would really be nice to know that before the April 30th deadline.

They were supposed to start (not sure if they did) on the 18th and continue it up until the deadline, with earlier completed people likely hearing sooner rather than later.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got my estimated award letter. How depressing. 100% loans. As grateful as I am to have grown up in a well-off family, it sucks when they're not helping you at all for med school while their income makes you ineligible for need-based aid. Hoping if I repeat that enough times to them, it'll guilt trip them into helping me out a bit. Probably not lol but it's worth a try.

Just withdrew my acceptance; hope it goes to one of ya'll on the waitlist! :)

This has probably been asked before, but just to confirm - what exactly is the process for confirming the school you want? Like to stick with Cincinnati, do I just withdraw all of my other schools and that's it, or is there some fancy "I choose you" button on UC's portal that I need to click?

This has probably been asked before, but just to confirm - what exactly is the process for confirming the school you want? Like to stick with Cincinnati, do I just withdraw all of my other schools and that's it, or is there some fancy "I choose you" button on UC's portal that I need to click?
Just withdraw from every other school!

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using SDN mobile

I will be withdrawing as well. Could you tell me the proper way to go about this? Thanks!

In your withdrawal, please send them my way off the top tier of the waitlist. Hope there's movement before the end of the week, even though we've been at this a year, now that it is decision time, I am still wavering :help:

does anyone know how many they take off the waitlist each year? Cinco is my first choice, fingers crossed

Have any other accepted students not received the estimated financial aid email yet?

The second look page says to email the admissions office for a link to the presentations. Has anyone done that yet and wanna share the link here? If not, I'll email them.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using SDN mobile

@DrCosmo is that hypothetical or do you know of anyone who was called yesterday? It's been eerily silent on this forum regarding waitlist.... :O