2015-2016 University of Illinois Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So what the heck does applicant in progress mean? The same as application in progress?
So applicant in progress=your app is sitting in a pile waiting to be reviewed.

Applicant in process=they are reviewing your app.

Application in process=on hold for rereview.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
There is probably some type of screening for that though cuz i submitted the secondary two days after i got it and I have been applicant in progress since then so they probably screen for top candidates and review and move down the list.

So applicant in progress=your app is sitting in a pile waiting to be reviewed.

Applicant in process=they are reviewing your app.

Application in process=on hold for rereview.

Okay that's what I figured, thank you!

There is probably some type of screening for that though cuz i submitted the secondary two days after i got it and I have been applicant in progress since then so they probably screen for top candidates and review and move down the list.

Yeah definitely, or they don't go in the order that they received the secondaries. I submitted mine on July 28th and have been "applicant in progress" ever since.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard that it goes from Applicant in progress---->Applicant in process------>AppliCATION in progress or some such thing if you're on hold for rereview, but I might be misremembering things.
I don't think they put much thought into the status indication nor do they seem to follow any order when reviewing applications. I'm still "applicant in progress" and I submitted my secondary 7/26. Some people were complete mid August and have received interviews and my application doesn't seem to have been looked at according to the status page. I guess we just have to wait out the mess!

Lol why did you add ellipses to my last sentence?

I didn't want to quote your entire (long) post, so I used it as a symbol of ommision. But wanted to expresss my appreciation regardless because your post was helpful.

I didn't want to quote your entire (long) post, so I used it as a symbol of ommision. But wanted to expresss my appreciation regardless because your post was helpful.
Oh haha, thanks and you're welcome.

You can just never tell if people are sincere or not on the Internet.

I called them the other day. The lady I spoke to was very nice and helpful. She basically told me the applications are reviewed out of order, and that if you're in progress, it means it has not entered the review process.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview Invite about 10 minutes ago!

Finally got changed to "in process" today, submitted 8/02, my letters were finally received and I was complete on 08/14, was "in progress" for all that time til now

How do you guys know when you were complete? I submitted 7/28 and never got a complete email or anything.

How do you guys know when you were complete? I submitted 7/28 and never got a complete email or anything.
I just look at the status page under supplemental information. I don't think they send complete emails. I'm still "in-progress" though and submitted around the same time as you.

I never got a complete email but if you check the portal, it'll list the dates that your letters and secondary were received.

I didn't get an email, but I checked my status and there's an interview schedule there! Not sure if i should call now about it or wait for an official email or something

I didn't get an email, but I checked my status and there's an interview schedule there! Not sure if i should call now about it or wait for an official email or something
I'd wait for at least a little bit. It took about 1.5 hours for my email to come after seeing the portal update.

For those with interviews, did you receive an email or anything from the school after you scheduled it?

Thank you!

For those with interviews, did you receive an email or anything from the school after you scheduled it?

Thank you!
You get a snail mail letter with confirmation of the interview + more information regarding where the interview location is, and you get a reminder interview email closer to your interview date (which also lists the emails/names of the 13 other people who are also inerviewing that day LOL).

II this morning! Went ahead and grabbed the only date available, 11/23 in Urbana

Anyone still stuck in applicant in progress? I was complete on 7/26 and now nothing for weeks.

Reactions: 2 users
II just now. OOS LizzyM = 71 Completed 7/28/15

You get a snail mail letter with confirmation of the interview + more information regarding where the interview location is, and you get a reminder interview email closer to your interview date (which also lists the emails/names of the 13 other people who are also inerviewing that day LOL).

Thanks for the information! How random that they put the names of the other people in the email.

Thanks for the information! How random that they put the names of the other people in the email.
It's because the sender didn't blind copy the email so you (accidentally) see everyone else who gets the interview reminder email and possibly their photos if they are using a gmail account... Hopefully it was a mistake lol

Interviewed early decision and just got a letter saying I was deferred to the regular pool. Anyone apply early decision and get in?

Ive been killing the "in progress" game since july

Reactions: 8 users
Complete 9/1 and still "in progress" as of today. Sounds like I have a long wait ahead of me lol.

How late into the cycle does UIC interview?

Anyone have a guess as to how long one remains as "Applicant in Process" before either getting the interview or not?

Finally got changed to "in process" today, submitted 8/02, my letters were finally received and I was complete on 08/14, was "in progress" for all that time til now
I finally got changed to "in process" today and was curious how things moved from here. Has anything happened for you yet a week into being in process?

In progress for 2 months now. Yikes... never knew my state school would hate me so much lol

Reactions: 2 users
I finally got changed to "in process" today and was curious how things moved from here. Has anything happened for you yet a week into being in process?

When were you complete or marked to in progress?