2015-2016 University of Illinois Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i've been in process for this entire month of September so far...

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally submitted the secondary today after having it for 2 months lol. Motivation was at an all time low in September after I completed 37/40

Is there a different between in progress and in process? I've been "applicant in progress" since late july. Wondering if I am on a hold.

Is there a different between in progress and in process? I've been "applicant in progress" since late july. Wondering if I am on a hold.
In progress means they have not gotten to your app, in process means they are reviewing it.

Can someone explain how the regional campuses work here? Does everyone spend their first year at the chicago campus and then either stay there or go to the regional sites? I only see year 2+ curriculums for the other campuses on the website.

The M1's are split between Urbana-Champaign and Chicago. Then M2 through M4 years the ones in Urbana-Champaign are split between Rockford and Peoria. The students in Chicago stay in Chicago all four years unless they want to do a rotation somewhere else. Starting in 2017 or 2018 there will be no Champaign campus because a new medical school will be opening up there.

Thank you. Also, is there much of a difference between the curriculum between the campuses? I know rockford has rural med, and chicago has a lot of programs, but what about urbana-chamapaign and Peoria? Does each campus have a different culture/learning environment if so how would you contrast them?

I'm not a student there so I don't really know but my friends in Chicago say there are a few differences such as no/less residents to work with during clerkships which can be good or bad. There some of the clerkships are also more unique in the non-Chicago locations because they offer time at community clinics and etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you, what is the interview format at the chicago campus? is it two traditional interviews?

Interviewed Friday. You interview with 3 people one on one for 30 minutes with a combination of students and faculty. Some people had all students. It was very casual

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 9/14....this countdown to having my status change from "Decison Pending" to "Final decision" is killing me.

Reactions: 1 users
Checked the portal today and status changed to Interview Scheduling! Haven't gotten an email though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Checked the portal today and status changed to Interview Scheduling! Haven't gotten an email though.

+1 although no dates are open at the moment, will most likely have to call

for those curious i was complete on 08/14, changed to in process on 9/23, and II 10/6

Hey did your status ever change to "Applicant in Process" from "Applicant in Progress" before the interview status?

Hey did your status ever change to "Applicant in Process" from "Applicant in Progress" before the interview status?
Yea, it changed to Applicant in Process around 9/23 as well. I was complete on 8/31.

Last edited:
Mind sharing your stats? I was complete on 7/23 and stuck in progress. Not sure what's going on.

Mind sharing your stats? I was complete on 7/23 and stuck in progress. Not sure what's going on.

I was in progress for a while, but I actually just went ahead and called them up and then my status changed to "in process" - might help for those of you who are stuck in limbo!

Just received my third II from UIC and I'm so excited! :soexcited: Only one interview date left in December and I'm wondering if they will release more. OOS, complete 7/30 so hang in there if you feel like you've been waiting forever!

Last edited:
Just received my third II from UIC and I'm so excited! :soexcited: Only one interview date left in December and I'm wondering if they will release more. OOS, complete 7/30 so hang in there if you feel like you've been waiting forever!
3rd II? Reapplicant? (Just wondering how 3 IIs would work)

3rd II? Reapplicant? (Just wondering how 3 IIs would work)
I think he or she means third for this interview season...

Also received an II today. Slated for December. OOS, complete 8/30, went from "in progress" to "in process" about a week ago.

Haha thank you! And I should have been more clear. :laugh:

II today, scheduled for 12/10! IS. LM low 70s. Submitted 9/3, Letters received 9/14.
I checked my portal yesterday and it still said Applicant in Process. Probably switched over night.
Good luck to all :)

As I was calling the admissions office to ask about my application, I realized my status switched to "Applicant in Process" lol. Here we go!

Got a II yesterday! Scheduled my interview for 15 December in Chicago! I was complete around 10th September and this is my first II, so I'm definitely feeling some relief.

Finally changed to Applicant in Process, a day after I notified them that I was, in fact, a resident of Illinois (forgot to put this on my AMCAS :bang:). Hopefully this means an II is coming my way soon!

There's nothing that explicitly tells you when you changed to Applicant in Process, correct? All I know is that it changed sometime between mid-Sept and when I checked it today.

Also, any OOS II's for LMs around 70?

When I look on my portal and see I'm still "in progress" :

tumblr_nngwnizCge1tr61zko1_250.gif

Reactions: 8 users
So I get an interview invite, call after work (3 hours later) and every slot is full. I called and they said to keep checking back until more dates are generated, anyone have any insight here? I will be in Chicago from Dec 16th to Jan 5th, the only weeks they DON'T interview. When I asked when more dates are released, they just said "we don't know".

So I get an interview invite, call after work (3 hours later) and every slot is full. I called and they said to keep checking back until more dates are generated, anyone have any insight here? I will be in Chicago from Dec 16th to Jan 5th, the only weeks they DON'T interview. When I asked when more dates are released, they just said "we don't know".

I was in the same situation a few weeks ago. I just kept an eye on the portal and new dates got added relatively quickly. It also doesn't hurt to call to check back every couple days (don't do it every day).

I'm IS and complete 7/23. Do you guys think its strange that so many OOS people are getting interviews that were complete after me? I'm just at Applicant in Progress.

i've been in process for this entire month of September so far...

same here. well, it may not have been the entire month and i'll admit to neurotically checking... but i'm hoping we can get II out of this

I was in the same situation a few weeks ago. I just kept an eye on the portal and new dates got added relatively quickly. It also doesn't hurt to call to check back every couple days (don't do it every day).
what is the best number to call them? thanks

I'm IS and complete 7/23. Do you guys think its strange that so many OOS people are getting interviews that were complete after me? I'm just at Applicant in Progress.

I'm in pretty much the same situation. I feel like the Chicago spots are going to be all gone by the time I even get an interview, if I ever do get an interview/acceptance. And I really do not want to spend the next two years in Urbana.

I'm in pretty much the same situation. I feel like the Chicago spots are going to be all gone by the time I even get an interview, if I ever do get an interview/acceptance. And I really do not want to spend the next two years in Urbana.

I know. I tried calling and she just said you're in line to be looked at... I just don't get why they are skipping me. LizzyM 68

@Lbjisyuki nope! Still sitting in progress. The only thing I can really do at this point is stop checking the portal.

Same here. Complete since 9/1...still "in progress." Considering I had to call to reach "in progress," (otherwise, I would have been complete 8/27) I'm wondering if I need to call to reach "in process." o_O

Same here. Complete since 9/1...still "in progress." Considering I had to call to reach "in progress," (otherwise, I would have been complete 8/27) I'm wondering if I need to call to reach "in process." o_O
Nope. I called last week and I've been "in-progress" since late July. They won't do anything for you from what I've seen. I don't think the people on the phone really know where your application is in the process other than that they have it somewhere in their system.

Wow! I got a call this afternoon, offering me an interview slot in Urbana on Monday. Since I live in UC, I said yes! Hopefully it goes well. Now I have to rush out and buy suitable clothes...

Reactions: 2 users
do you sign up for the interview on the portal? nothing shows up on mine

Interviewed Friday. You interview with 3 people one on one for 30 minutes with a combination of students and faculty. Some people had all students. It was very casual
they don't do the panel interview anymore?