You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Washington University in St. Louis Application Thread
Started by Cyberdyne 101
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Don't worry! I submitted their secondary last week and the status page did not say they received my payment or photo until this week!
D
deleted393595
"What college-level calculus courses that included integral and differential equations will you complete prior to starting Medical School?"
Now that I look at it, their description of calculus doesn't make any sense.
1) Integral and differential equations are not the same as differential and integral calculus
2) Integral equations = differential equations! You just derive the integral equation to get a differential one and vice versa.
I'm going to guess that they're referring to Calculus I + II
Now that I look at it, their description of calculus doesn't make any sense.
1) Integral and differential equations are not the same as differential and integral calculus
2) Integral equations = differential equations! You just derive the integral equation to get a differential one and vice versa.
I'm going to guess that they're referring to Calculus I + II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who are submitting individual LORs, what should be written in the "Discipline" field for each letter author, like Biology/Chemistry/Physics or more along the lines of Professor of Biology/Principal Investigator in Chemistry Research/Dean Janitor of Physics?
And the second optional essay can be treated either as an obstacle/challenge or diversity essay, correct? Or just the former?
And the second optional essay can be treated either as an obstacle/challenge or diversity essay, correct? Or just the former?
Last edited:
Anyone else still waiting on payment confirmation? I never actually received an email confirming payment either, but submitted 7/7.
I received an email confirming payment immediately after paying, so you should probably call and check. It seemed automated to me. I also received an automated email when I submitted the secondary and then, although my file was marked as complete on 7/7, an email this morning saying my file is under review. Hope that helps!
Anyone having trouble logging into the 2016 Portal? Every time I click "login", it just refreshes the page 🙁
Try another browser. I had this problem and switched from chrome to IE and it worked.Anyone having trouble logging into the 2016 Portal? Every time I click "login", it just refreshes the page 🙁
Try another browser. I had this problem and switched from chrome to IE and it worked.
Thanks!
Mmm...still says my payment hasn't been received even though I got a confirmation email from PayPal on 7/9. Also says my LoRs haven't been received? Is there anything I can do about that if I submitted them through AMCAS? :/ All my other schools have received my LoRs from AMCAs so...
I've got same situation. Their site says don't expect LORs to be marked as received til after 7.20 so I wouldn't be worried about it rn.Mmm...still says my payment hasn't been received even though I got a confirmation email from PayPal on 7/9. Also says my LoRs haven't been received? Is there anything I can do about that if I submitted them through AMCAS? :/ All my other schools have received my LoRs from AMCAs so...
I've got same situation. Their site says don't expect LORs to be marked as received til after 7.20 so I wouldn't be worried about it rn.
Hahah awesome! Thanks for checking~ shame on me for not reading their website thoroughly! 😛
Yeah I think they're gradually working through them. I submitted July 4 and wasn't marked as complete until July 14. That being said even though I am marked as complete on the website, the checkmarks still have not appeared next to my Dean's certification form and the MCAT scores.Hahah awesome! Thanks for checking~ shame on me for not reading their website thoroughly! 😛
Anyone else having trouble submitting with individual letters?
I have all of my information filled out for my 4 individual letters... but the application keeps kicking me back saying I need to submit a packet or 3 individual letters. This sucks :|
I have all of my information filled out for my 4 individual letters... but the application keeps kicking me back saying I need to submit a packet or 3 individual letters. This sucks :|
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you filled out all the information for your individual letters? I initially left the phone numbers blank but those need to be filled out as well.Anyone else having trouble submitting with individual letters?
I have all of my information filled out for my 4 individual letters... but the application keeps kicking me back saying I need to submit a packet or 3 individual letters. This sucks :|
Yeah I didn't know phone numbers so I put "unknown" and that worked.Have you filled out all the information for your individual letters? I initially left the phone numbers blank but those need to be filled out as well.
Yeah I didn't know phone numbers so I put "unknown" and that worked.
All of my fields are filled out...
Edit: Nevermind, got it. Here's what I had to do:
Every time I would try to submit, it would kick me back even with all the fields filled out.
I deleted everything from the letters section, hit save and continue. Then tried to submit.
It took me back to the letters section, except some of the information I had deleted was still there...
I filled in the rest of the stuff that was empty on the letters section and submitted again. This time it worked.
I'm guessing tomorrow's the day they begin reviewing apps since LOR won't be uploaded to 7/20... I'm excited!!
Woot, LORs confirmed!
Would it be safe to say that if you have to think about/come up with stuff for the optional essays then you probably don't need to write them (i.e. the types of things one should write about here would be major life events/experiences that immediately come to mind)?
Kind of a vague question but hopefully someone will understand what I'm trying to say 😛
Kind of a vague question but hopefully someone will understand what I'm trying to say 😛
Is anyone marked complete?
I've been marked as complete since 7/14 submitted 7/4. That being said though, it says "you're complete" even though not all the boxes are checkedIs anyone marked complete?
If you're written a diversity essay (unique experiences) or a failure essay for another school, I'd put that in. If WashU is the only school you'd need those for, then maybe skip them?Would it be safe to say that if you have to think about/come up with stuff for the optional essays then you probably don't need to write them (i.e. the types of things one should write about here would be major life events/experiences that immediately come to mind)?
Kind of a vague question but hopefully someone will understand what I'm trying to say 😛
It's one of my top schools so I would never have left them blank, I think it just would have looked like I didn't care...
Yeah, I was thinking about doing that cuz I will have a diversity and personal challenge/failure essay from other secondaries but I'm wondering if they might see it as fluff and get annoyed if it's not something major...If you're written a diversity essay (unique experiences) or a failure essay for another school, I'd put that in. If WashU is the only school you'd need those for, then maybe skip them?
It's one of my top schools so I would never have left them blank, I think it just would have looked like I didn't care...
Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk
Not yet! Submitted 7/3, but LORS (sent via AMCAS) still aren't marked as received.Is anyone marked complete?
Is this the case for anyone else?Wow and you haven't called them yet? You are a very patient individual.Not yet! Submitted 7/3, but LORS (sent via AMCAS) still aren't marked as received.Is this the case for anyone else?
Same boat except I submitted 7.8Not yet! Submitted 7/3, but LORS (sent via AMCAS) still aren't marked as received.Is this the case for anyone else?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here :/ says my committee letter packet isn't in yet (even though I sent the packet of letters to AMCAS)
It doesn't really matter if it's in this early because it doesn't need to be in for an interview invite. With that being said, I'm not really sure on the exact timeline of the processing of the certification.Does anyone know how long it takes for the Dean's Certification to be processed? My school sent it out 6 days ago and it still hasn't shown up as complete on my status checklist :\
Last edited:
Whew good to know. In that case I guess I'm on the same boat as everyone else since my LORs haven't been marked received either.It doesn't really matter if it's in this early because it doesn't need to be in for an interview invite.
I had mine sent like July 9 and it still hasn't been marked. However, I am still marked as complete on the status page.Does anyone know how long it takes for the Dean's Certification to be processed? My school sent it out 6 days ago and it still hasn't shown up as complete on my status checklist :\
Is anyone having trouble logging into the portal? I can log in just fine on my phone but not on my computer.
Is anyone having trouble logging into the portal? I can log in just fine on my phone but not on my computer.
There are often issues when trying to log in with chrome. Have you tried Internet Explorer? It's the only secondary for which I have to open up IE.
It's interesting because my phone also uses chrome but I'll either give IE a try or just keep using my phone for this school. Thanks for replying.There are often issues when trying to log in with chrome. Have you tried Internet Explorer? It's the only secondary for which I have to open up IE.
Does WashU not accept fee waivers? Just submitted the secondary but the "Pay Application Fee" doesn't seem to have a waiver option.
edit: Just called them and they said they do accept them, and that it should show up automatically soon!
edit: Just called them and they said they do accept them, and that it should show up automatically soon!
Last edited:
Does anyone know if they'll only start reviewing the application once they receive the Dean's certification? I submitted my secondary, but my school's student office isn't picking up the phone over the summer, it seems...
Look 7 posts up for an answer. They only need the certification to offer an acceptance.Does anyone know if they'll only start reviewing the application once they receive the Dean's certification? I submitted my secondary, but my school's student office isn't picking up the phone over the summer, it seems...
Sorry, completely missed that.Look 7 posts up for an answer. They only need the certification to offer an acceptance.
Just called the admissions office, since it's been over 1.5 months since my letters were submitted, but not yet marked as received. The lady said that they are still uploading letter and to check back in a week if they're still not up. Understandable, but feeling a bit miffed that my application can't be marked as complete until then (what was the point of submitting early?!)... 🙁
Ugh I know what you mean; my letters have been sitting in AMCAS since May and I sent them asap once I heard from Wash U at the beginning of this month! :I I submitted 7/7 and I'm still marked incomplete so it's a bit frustrating...Just called the admissions office, since it's been over 1.5 months since my letters were submitted, but not yet marked as received. The lady said that they are still uploading letter and to check back in a week if they're still not up. Understandable, but feeling a bit miffed that my application can't be marked as complete until then (what was the point of submitting early?!)... 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was marked as complete on Wednesday 7/22, but could be undergraduate institution bias
I was marked complete 7/14, but am a WUSTL undergrad so maybe they do have a biasI was marked as complete on Wednesday 7/22, but could be undergraduate institution bias
Is anyone else having problems logging in? Last week I couldn't log in through Chrome on my laptop but Chrome on my phone was working. Now Chrome on my phone isn't working, and I tried internet explorer and that's not working either... Should I give them a call on Monday?
Is anyone else having problems logging in? Last week I couldn't log in through Chrome on my laptop but Chrome on my phone was working. Now Chrome on my phone isn't working, and I tried internet explorer and that's not working either... Should I give them a call on Monday?
If I remember right from a couple years ago, opening an incognito window in Chrome might work. Sometimes there are cookies and/or extensions that mess up our site.
Still not working. Thanks for the tip though. I really don't understand what is going on. It sounds like the problem occurred before, but I'm the only one having a problem this year?If I remember right from a couple years ago, opening an incognito window in Chrome might work. Sometimes there are cookies and/or extensions that mess up our site.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 943
- Views
- 367K