Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Washington University in St. Louis Application Thread
Started by Cyberdyne 101
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OMG MY LETTERS HAVE BEEN CHECKED!!! I just logged in thinking why not just see if there's any change... And there was! Yay!
OMG MY LETTERS HAVE BEEN CHECKED!!! I just logged in thinking why not just see if there's any change... And there was! Yay!
When did you submit your secondary???
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7/15When did you submit your secondary???
Admissions just emailed me back. Apparently they couldn't find a letter packet that my university's career center sent...
Update: my letters are uploaded YAYY!! on the other hand, the adcoms are probably annoyed at me that they had to upload each of my letters from my packet individually... o_____o;;
Finally marked complete on 8/6 (submitted 7/9) and dean's certification not checked ~
Update: my letters are uploaded YAYY!! on the other hand, the adcoms are probably annoyed at me that they had to upload each of my letters from my packet individually... o_____o;;
Finally marked complete on 8/6 (submitted 7/9) and dean's certification not checked ~
Last edited:
guys, I submitted on 7/18, and my primary was complete on 6/08 but no LORs or MCAT complete yet. blahhhh. lol not good at waiting and I've not been waiting as long as some of you lol. Do you guys think it could be because I haven't sent my dean cert yet?
They told me that deans cert doesn't matter in terms of being marked complete. I was marked complete like second week of July or whatever but weirdly my MCAT and deans cert still haven't been marked.guys, I submitted on 7/18, and my primary was complete on 6/08 but no LORs or MCAT complete yet. blahhhh. lol not good at waiting and I've not been waiting as long as some of you lol. Do you guys think it could be because I haven't sent my dean cert yet?
thanks panda. I'm probably honestly fine thenThey told me that deans cert doesn't matter in terms of being marked complete. I was marked complete like second week of July or whatever but weirdly my MCAT and deans cert still haven't been marked.
I don't think there's any reason to worry @FutureBenCarson 🙂 I honestly think that they don't pull the letters/MCAT into your app until it is your secondary's "turn" (for lack of a better word). I also am pretty certain (but I hope others correct me if I'm wrong!) that you don't need the dean's certification unless you've attended your II and want to hear back about an acceptance. Since idontknowwhatnametopick submitted the secondary 7/15 and just got her letters added, I bet you're in the next group!
Yeah my dean's certification is on its way to them but hasn't arrived yet so the letters are definitely a separate process.I don't think there's any reason to worry @FutureBenCarson 🙂 I honestly think that they don't pull the letters/MCAT into your app until it is your secondary's "turn" (for lack of a better word). I also am pretty certain (but I hope others correct me if I'm wrong!) that you don't need the dean's certification unless you've attended your II and want to hear back about an acceptance. Since idontknowwhatnametopick submitted the secondary 7/15 and just got her letters added, I bet you're in the next group!
thanks @SweetCaroline7I don't think there's any reason to worry @FutureBenCarson 🙂 I honestly think that they don't pull the letters/MCAT into your app until it is your secondary's "turn" (for lack of a better word). I also am pretty certain (but I hope others correct me if I'm wrong!) that you don't need the dean's certification unless you've attended your II and want to hear back about an acceptance. Since idontknowwhatnametopick submitted the secondary 7/15 and just got her letters added, I bet you're in the next group!
The Wait is ova!!! Omg so glad for you haha I feel like you've been so very patient for so very long!FINALLY MARKED COMPLETE
I'm hoping I can join you this week after submitting mid July.FINALLY MARKED COMPLETE
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, Has anybody else had problems with them being able to find your letters of recommendation? I've called numerous times (to both their office and AMCAS) and they can only find 1 of 5 of my recommendations. They said they've manually checked all the LOR but still don't see them. I'm not sure what do at this point because all my other schools have received my letters without issue. Should I just wait? Or keep bugging AMCAS to resend them? Or reach out to my profs and have them send their letters manually? (My school doesn't have a committee/packet letter..all are individual letters). Thanks
Hi, Has anybody else had problems with them being able to find your letters of recommendation? I've called numerous times (to both their office and AMCAS) and they can only find 1 of 5 of my recommendations. They said they've manually checked all the LOR but still don't see them. I'm not sure what do at this point because all my other schools have received my letters without issue. Should I just wait? Or keep bugging AMCAS to resend them? Or reach out to my profs and have them send their letters manually? (My school doesn't have a committee/packet letter..all are individual letters). Thanks
Check your AMCAS portal and make sure you have assigned all your letters for WashU.
Check your AMCAS portal and make sure you have assigned all your letters for WashU.
Yeah they are. And I called AMCAS and they confirmed that they have been sent to WashU as well. =/
Marked complete on Thursday and today got email for MSTP application about entering keywords haha finallyyy
Gaahh maybe tomorrow... *fingers crossed...Marked complete on Thursday and today got email for MSTP application about entering keywords haha finallyyy
Last edited:
My letters/dean's certificate still haven't been marked as received.. Secondary submitted July 6, committee letter sent out on July 17.
Called last week and was told they would notify me when they get them. Should I be worried that it's taking so long? All my other schools have had my letters for quite a while now.
Called last week and was told they would notify me when they get them. Should I be worried that it's taking so long? All my other schools have had my letters for quite a while now.
Just read almost every single post before yours and you should be able to figure out the answer to your question as far as letters go.My letters/dean's certificate still haven't been marked as received.. Secondary submitted July 6, committee letter sent out on July 17.
Called last week and was told they would notify me when they get them. Should I be worried that it's taking so long? All my other schools have had my letters for quite a while now.
For the dean's certification I'm not sure, mine was sent a while ago and isn't marked as received, but I'm not worried, they'll get to it eventually.
Hey everyone, quick question...
My undergrad path has been a little different from the typical 4-year BSc. I would like to include an academic explanations essay to explain the path a little bit. Do you think that can go under " Do you have unique experiences or obstacles that you have overcome that were not covered in your application about which you would like to inform our Admissions Committee?"
If not, what might be the best way to present this information?
My undergrad path has been a little different from the typical 4-year BSc. I would like to include an academic explanations essay to explain the path a little bit. Do you think that can go under " Do you have unique experiences or obstacles that you have overcome that were not covered in your application about which you would like to inform our Admissions Committee?"
If not, what might be the best way to present this information?
Got an email about an hour ago from WashU saying "Your application to Washington University School of Medicine is now complete and is under review." I submitted everything from my end on July 23, until now it was a waiting game to see when they would mark my letters as "received."
I submitted around the 10th and still not completeGot an email about an hour ago from WashU saying "Your application to Washington University School of Medicine is now complete and is under review." I submitted everything from my end on July 23, until now it was a waiting game to see when they would mark my letters as "received."
I wonder if completeness is even a prerequisite for consideration.
My complete email said "is now complete and under review" so my guess is it is required for consideration
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The portal won't let me log in.. anyone else having trouble?
The portal won't let me log in.. anyone else having trouble?
Was just able to log in.
Finally got the "complete" confirmation email...
What does 'not complete' means when every other schools have my letters? They were submitted early in August, so I'm complete with other schools. I'm confused why Washington doesn't have my letters.
I know waiting can be difficult, but try to remain patient. We generally send out interview invites later than other schools, so you still have a couple weeks until invites go out. Check out the previous years' threads if you are interested in the general timeline. If you aren't marked complete yet, just wait it out; there are a lot of others in the same situation, and it's fine.
p.s. I doubt being a WashU undergrad has any effect on being marked complete before anyone else
Self-bump since everything I said is still relevant.
Got Keywords email!
Maybe I'm just "clueless" (lollololololol stop), but the only thing I imagine when I read this was an email w/ random keywords pertaining to WashUGot Keywords email!
"cardinal"
"bear"
"medical"
What is a "Keywords" email?
What is a "Keywords" email?
I think people are referring to MSTP applicants. MSTP applicants receive an email telling them to choose 3 keywords that describe that research interests after their application is marked complete.
I think people are referring to MSTP applicants. MSTP applicants receive an email telling them to choose 3 keywords that describe that research interests after their application is marked complete.
Yep, that is the "keywords" email the other poster was referring to!
I think people are referring to MSTP applicants. MSTP applicants receive an email telling them to choose 3 keywords that describe that research interests after their application is marked complete.
Thanks for the info!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my 7/26 and just was confirmed complete today.Assuming that they're going in order, what date are they on in terms of marking applications as complete?
I submitted everything on 7/9, and my MCAT scores came in on 7/21, but my application is still marked incomplete. Should I continue to just be patient, or would it be a good idea to contact them?
I don't think it would hurt to send them a quick email. 🙂 I sent them an email ~1 month after I submitted my application since my LoRs haven't been downloaded and they emailed me back a week or two later when they couldn't find my letter packet. Don't know how useful my original was but it gave me a peace of mind at least hahaha
Similar threads
- Replies
- 943
- Views
- 367K