2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bets on which day this week we hear back? My money is on Thursday.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bets on which day this week we hear back? My money is on Thursday.
I agree with you. I think the are you interested emails will be coming this Thursday. Idk about straight acceptances or waitlist decisions coming though. That might be next week.

Reactions: 1 users
I agree with you. I think the are you interested emails will be coming this Thursday. Idk about straight acceptances or waitlist decisions coming though. That might be next week.
Who knows if those are even coming at all this year with the large change we've seen from past processes. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

spring break for them is april 11- april 18. so i think it'll be sometime before then (fingers crossed) or sometime after.
lets hope that they let us know before they go on break

spring break for them is april 11- april 18. so i think it'll be sometime before then (fingers crossed) or sometime after.
lets hope that they let us know before they go on break
Oooooh good to know.

How do they decide who you interview with?

Last edited:
Does Einstein release decisions on certain days of the week or do they do it all 5 weekdays (and maybe even on weekends)?

Withdrawn! Hope my spot goes to one of you lovely people on the waitlist! :)

Reactions: 4 users
out of curiosity, did anyone send a handwritten thank you note? This school was the only time I used mail instead of email. I think it is a nice touch, but it means you def won't get a response. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent a hand written thank you note in early Feb but I have received no response.

Sent from my SM-G935V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Does Einstein take post-interview/pre-decision updates and letters of interest? Is sending a letter of interest before a decision even a good idea?

Anyone received an email gauging interest to remain on the WL? What does that mean?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone received an email gauging interest to remain on the WL? What does that mean?

That normally means a acceptance is coming soon. Can u post the email so we can keep our hopes up that decisions will be released soon.

If I'm not mistaken, 20-30 acceptances from SDN with perhaps an equal number of rejections and fewer waitlists. Also a lot of people who haven't heard back post-II yet?

How closely do schools have to adhere to AAMC traffic rules/recommendations: The AAMC Application and Acceptance Protocols - Admission Officers

I'm asking specifically about #4. I imagine some are unofficial rules, but perhaps not all.

If I'm not mistaken, 20-30 acceptances from SDN with perhaps an equal number of rejections and fewer waitlists. Also a lot of people who haven't heard back post-II yet?

How closely do schools have to adhere to AAMC traffic rules/recommendations: The AAMC Application and Acceptance Protocols - Admission Officers

I'm asking specifically about #4. I imagine some are unofficial rules, but perhaps not all.
All schools have to accept enough students to fill their class by March 15th no ifs and buts. In reality AECOM prob have accepted close to double their class size already in the cycle

Question for current students: I heard Einstein helps with shuttling/taxing to rotation sites. Does Einstein also help cover/waive parking expenses when rotating? Thanks in advance!

That normally means a acceptance is coming soon. Can u post the email so we can keep our hopes up that decisions will be released soon.

Thank you for having accepted a place on our wait list.

We would like to know if you remain interested in attending Einstein, or if you have already been accepted to your first choice school (if so, we sincerely congratulate you!).

If Einstein remains your top choice, please let me know by Tuesday, April 11. If you wish to withdraw, we will be sorry to lose you but we want you to be at the school that is the best fit for you.

As always, you have our best wishes for all future success.

I feel like I interviewed for a waitlist spot, RIP 3/10 interview date :(

We would like to know if you remain interested in attending Einstein, or if you have already been accepted to your first choice school (if so, we sincerely congratulate you!).

If Einstein remains your top choice, please let me know by Tuesday, April 11. If you wish to withdraw, we will be sorry to lose you but we want you to be at the school that is the best fit for you.

So maybe April 11th is the day we hear back. :/ .. which would be next Wednesday like @Gurkhali and I predicted

Last edited:

Did you originally get the email with the subject line "STATUS UPDATE" or "WAIT LIST" ?

Anyone got the "status updates " email didn't get the "interest" email? I'm having a panic attack.

Anyone got the "status updates " email didn't get the "interest" email? I'm having a panic attack.

I had the status update email and didn't get one. Don't panic - if you already expressed interest when we got the original email, and sent an email to dean Kerrigan/ sent updates, they know you're interested. They likely wouldn't send an are you interested email in that case.

Reactions: 2 users
it's pre-II
I'm wondering what makes them send out these emails to some people but not others. At this point anyone who hasn't had a II is rejected..so why do only some get emails? The entire admissions process follows no exact algorithm.

I had the status update email and didn't get one. Don't panic - if you already expressed interest when we got the original email, and sent an email to dean Kerrigan/ sent updates, they know you're interested. They likely wouldn't send an are you interested email in that case.

The question now is whether OP has replied to the status update already and also receiving the interest email.

The question now is whether OP has replied to the status update already and also receiving the interest email.

I sent an update/interest letter after my interview and replied to the status update email with a lengthy letter of interest.

Question for current students: I heard Einstein helps with shuttling/taxing to rotation sites. Does Einstein also help cover/waive parking expenses when rotating? Thanks in advance!
They do for the first year intro to clinical medicine course. Not sure about rotations.

Yeah obviously there are shuttles to the main sites but I think there are rotations in other places too.

There is always either a shuttle or a cab service (paid by the school). You will never be taking the subway or driving on your own to rotations. Unless you want to I guess.

There is always either a shuttle or a cab service (paid by the school). You will never be taking the subway or driving on your own to rotations. Unless you want to I guess.
Thanks! I ask because I am thinking of being a commuter and travel to school by car so I was wondering in lieu of taxis if there are oppportunities to have help with hospital parking (I know this can get very expensive).

Thanks! I ask because I am thinking of being a commuter and travel to school by car so I was wondering in lieu of taxis if there are oppportunities to have help with hospital parking (I know this can get very expensive).
Mind I ask why you don't plan on living on the subsidized housing? Just curious because I might do the same if everything works out and I go here

Mind I ask why you don't plan on living on the subsidized housing? Just curious because I might do the same if everything works out and I go here
Apparently its not totally insane to live in Manhattan and commute to Einstein, which some people might prefer. But that subsidized housing is too sweet for me to pass up.

Apparently its not totally insane to live in Manhattan and commute to Einstein, which some people might prefer. But that subsidized housing is too sweet for me to pass up.
I sense a little snark in that comment, ha I live in NYC so I know I just wanted to know if OP had something in particular why he/she didnt want to live in housing because I was weighing if I should do it as well if accepted

Last edited:
Main consideration is expense. I figure I can save at least of$3,000+ a year in my living situation. Otherwise I would definitely like to live on campus if it didn't cost me more. My commute would be about 30 minutes which is not bad at all.