2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
According to the AAMC: "On or before April 30*, each school or program permit ALL applicants (except for EDP applicants): a. A minimum two-week time period for their response to the acceptance offer."

If this is true, and you have to narrow down your selection to only one school by April 30th then it should also be true that decisions must come out this week, correct? If they were to come out next week, we would have less than two weeks to respond to the acceptance offer.

Unless they wait until April 30th to release more acceptances, as after April 30th this requirement drops down to a minimum of 5 days.

This seems logically sound, no?

Members don't see this ad.

According to the AAMC: "On or before April 30*, each school or program permit ALL applicants (except for EDP applicants): a. A minimum two-week time period for their response to the acceptance offer."

If this is true, and you have to narrow down your selection to only one school by April 30th then it should also be true that decisions must come out this week, correct? If they were to come out next week, we would have less than two weeks to respond to the acceptance offer.

Unless they wait until April 30th to release more acceptances, as after April 30th this requirement drops down to a minimum of 5 days.

Very logical my friend.

I suspect you will be given at least 5 days if accepted within 5 days of May 1 or until April 30 if accepted earlier.

Members don't see this ad :)
I suspect you will be given at least 5 days if accepted within 5 days of May 1 or until April 30 if accepted earlier.
I would suspect that as well, but according to AAMC's guidelines that would not be allowed, correct?

I would suspect that as well, but according to AAMC's guidelines that would not be allowed, correct?

I don't know enough about the traffic rules to know for sure how these next weeks will play out. You could ask an adcom or Gonnif if you want.

Reactions: 1 user
Or they could just wait until after April 30th to give out acceptances

Very logical my friend.

I don't know enough about the traffic rules to know for sure how these next weeks will play out. You could ask an adcom or Gonnif if you want.
Unless they wait until April 30th to release more acceptances.

That'd be a troll in a half. I also like how someone called up and was told there isn't a HPWL, but there clearly is. :eek:

For now we've got three waves of WLs, each has different wordings, but only one person gets the "hpwl". If he's telling the truth, that means most of us got waitlisted before April were axed? Difficult to figure out who is the troll...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
HPWL or not, we do have confirmation from precious posts about waitlist movements at least.

We got a troll somewhere lol

tbh I don't know why they would lie to their applicants like this.. like do they not realize that we have resources like SDN to see what the waitlist activity specifically is? I had a feeling they were lying when they told me that the first time I called

tbh I don't know why they would lie to their applicants like this.. like do they not realize that we have resources like SDN to see what the waitlist activity specifically is? I had a feeling they were lying when they told me that the first time I called
Well either they are or an applicant is. It is hard to believe anything someone says anonymously.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard about financial aid? If you havent heard by April 30, can you hold more than one school?

Has anyone heard about financial aid? If you havent heard by April 30, can you hold more than one school?
No you can't. They are not obligated to release financial aid info before April 30th and alot of school actually don't. Einstein isn't historically one of those.

No you can't. They are not obligated to release financial aid info before April 30th and alot of school actually don't. Einstein isn't historically one of those.
Thank you. I don't know how you can make a decision about schools if you are holding more than one, if you don't know Your financial package.

Thank you. I don't know how you can make a decision about schools if you are holding more than one, if you don't know Your financial package.
It sucks but alot of schools does this practice. Guess they don't want to waste manpower om students who won't go to their school

I, too, got placed onto the high priority list. "I am happy to inform you blah blah blah, At this time, we are now in rolling admissions status, and have placed your application in the High Priority category".

I, too, got placed onto the high priority list. "I am happy to inform you blah blah blah, At this time, we are now in rolling admissions status, and have placed your application in the High Priority category".
+1

So the "status update" waitlist is low priority???

Looking at earlier posts, there were people accepted from the status update. I'm beginning to think they got rid of the regular WL and just kept the HPWL as the regular wait list therefore the admissions office says there's only one waitlist.

Well either they are or an applicant is. It is hard to believe anything someone says anonymously.

I literally called the admissions office and spoke to an admissions representative and that is what they told me. There are multiple users on SDN who have done the exact same thing and got the same result. What benefit would it be for someone to lie on here?

I literally called the admissions office and spoke to an admissions representative and that is what they told me. There are multiple users on SDN who have done the exact same thing and got the same result. What benefit would it be for someone to lie on here?
Some people might be getting worried they're actually regular WL instead of HPWL. The truth is I think we're all a little confused.

Some people might be getting worried they're actually regular WL instead of HPWL. The truth is I think we're all a little confused.
Dont think anyone is lying or being a troll. AECOM is just has a confusing admissions process this year. 3 different waitlist emails ??? WTF ?

For ICM (clinical medicine course for first two years), I vaguely remember an email saying parking expenses, toll fees, etc WOULD be covered for those who choose to drive to sites for which shuttles are not available (as opposed to them ordering a taxi for you). I'm not sure if that condition applies for commuters, though. I imagine they would cover expenses for any site, in that case.
Also not sure if they offer the same for rotations third year but hopefully this is somewhat helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Thank you for the help! Also after recently starting Breaking Bad I finally get your handle :laugh:

Another question for current students: Is it possible to do research the first year? Is this commonplace or is this rare until first year summer? Thank you.

WARNING: Accepting the waitlist spot requires you to set a username and password. Einstein sends your password in plain text to your email account after this.

Its been over 10 weeks of post-interview waiting for me, I imagine its been longer for some of you. So.. is this going to be the week? Or do you think we'll have to sweat it out till after traffic day?

Reactions: 2 users
Its been over 10 weeks of post-interview waiting for me, I imagine its been longer for some of you. So.. is this going to be the week? Or do you think we'll have to sweat it out till after traffic day?
IMG_2340.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
Im going on 35 weeks by my latest count.

Attachments

• 20170415_223828.png
    20170415_223828.png
    217.4 KB · Views: 57
I really wonder what goes on behind doors that some people here back in weeks and others wait months....interesting process

Its going to suck waiting over 12 weeks just to get a rejection or waitlist

What sucks about being on the waitlist is that while you are waiting for a slim chance of getting pulled off, you pay the deposit, attend the second look, and meet up with people at other schools, and when you develop an attachment for that other school, you get pulled off by the end of summer, then you have to start all over again...what sucks is you can't move on nor stick to your commitment without being hunted by guilt or regret.

What sucks about being on the waitlist is that while you are waiting for a slim chance of getting pulled off, you pay the deposit, attend the second look, and meet up with people at other schools, and when you develop an attachment for that other school, you get pulled off by the end of summer, then you have to start all over again...what sucks is you can't move on nor stick to your commitment without being hunted by guilt or regret.

still better than having no acceptances and only waitlist(s)

Reactions: 3 users
For those who withdrew, did you get a notification or confirmation?

Considering they only sent out one batch of acceptances so far and they are a school that utilizes their waitlist, I would think theres still some straight acceptances to go around. How many is the real question.

Considering they only sent out one batch of acceptances so far and they are a school that utilizes their waitlist, I would think theres still some straight acceptances to go around. How many is the real question.

I think they have sent out two batches of acceptances, but agree that some straight acceptances are still available.

Are you doubtful of straight acceptances at this point?

For those of us who interviewed in the Fall and haven't heard back, I find it hard to believe that they are debating between waitlisting and rejecting us. I like to think there are more straight acceptances. We'll find out soon, I guess

For those of us who interviewed in the Fall and haven't heard back, I find it hard to believe that they are debating between waitlisting and rejecting us. I like to think there are more straight acceptances. We'll find out soon, I guess

I strongly believe they are more straight acceptances. The wait is just sucking out the optimism out of us.

I apologize if this is already common knowledge in this thread, but is there a specific day of the week that the Adcom makes decisions on?

I apologize if this is already common knowledge in this thread, but is there a specific day of the week that the Adcom makes decisions on?
Monday- Sundays. The only common knowledge on this thread is that we know nothing when it comes to AECOM and it's process.

Einstein likes to get down on Fridays.