2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Some august people arent even completed much less interviewed.
I submitted Aug. 7, LOR's were sent in Aug. 23rd, completed on Sept. 9

Members don't see this ad.

Is it "you have successfully completed the secondary application" email complete email?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Is it "you have successfully completed the secondary application" email complete email?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
There is a separate complete email:

"We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee."

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they take forever or is it just me? I submitted my secondary on 8/17 (I was technically complete) and they didn't send me the complete email until 9/20! This is one of my first choices but it's really frustrating...

Do they take forever or is it just me? I submitted my secondary on 8/17 (I was technically complete) and they didn't send me the complete email until 9/20! This is one of my first choices but it's really frustrating...
Yep, most people have reported a month or two between secondary submission and complete email. Mine was a pretty quick turnaround (10 days after submitting my secondary, but the same day they rec'd my LORs). I think my turnaround was quick because I submitted early, but who knows?

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Do most people get waitlisted? And is "high priority waitlist" telling you that you are essentially in..hopefully? Lolll...

I was on the "high priority wait list"

& didn't receive my official acceptance until May 9, 2016

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't interview until January 20th, 2016. calm down folks.

You can't predict this process. whatever is meant to be.. will be.

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't interview until January 20th, 2016. calm down folks.

You can't predict this process. whatever is meant to be.. will be.
Yo can you tell us your stats, complete date, IS/OOS, and date II was received

XXX-XX-6803

Edit: dang sdn auto blocks out social security numbers.

Disclaimer: this is totally a joke. Don't type out your number.
Lol the last 4 numbers are actually enough for identification for a lot of sites

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey so I got an interview to Einstein and I wanted to ask if any current students could tell me about the interview structure. I'm pretty new to sdn and so I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread but any help would be appreciated. And for those gunners that want to know other people's stats. 3.93 and 515. Submitted 7/16, received 10/6.

Hey so I got an interview to Einstein and I wanted to ask if any current students could tell me about the interview structure. I'm pretty new to sdn and so I'm not sure if this is the appropriate thread but any help would be appreciated. And for those gunners that want to know other people's stats. 3.93 and 515. Submitted 7/16, received 10/6.
grats bro
IS/OOS?

:cyclops:I was complete 07/13 and have heard nothing since.... And since they don't really have an online status portal, is this a silent rejection??

Reactions: 1 users
:cyclops:I was complete 07/13 and have heard nothing since.... And since they don't really have an online status portal, is this a silent rejection??

Not at all. They just take a very long time.

Yo can you tell us your stats, complete date, IS/OOS, and date II was received

i dont remember my complete date.. or when i submitted lol

I know i submitted my secondary late August, early September.. and got my interview invite sometime in late November.

& my SGPA: 3.3
GPA 3.5
MCAT 29

worked at a hospital for a long ass time so lots of clinical experience.. did research, & double major Biology & Psychology (amongst other things)

Congrats on the interview! It is super conversational and very low key, nothing to stress about. Just know your app and why Einstein

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Submitted 8/26 but still no complete email. Hoping it is just because there are a lot of applications.

are they receptive to updates? if so, how should I send one?

are they receptive to updates? if so, how should I send one?
Oh my god, I literally just clicked this thread to post the same question!!
I emailed the admissions yesterday to see if they accept update letters, so when they get back to me, I will let you know as well!

II here just now!
75-76
complete sept 20 (so late even tho they had everything mid aug)

if anyone has any tips at all please let me know! specifically wondering if the special research interview is recommended for someone who really likes the research they do now but doesn't want to pursue the same research area going forward?

Does anyone know what percentage of interviews result in a wait-list? Einstein seems to WL more people than anywhere else.

Hey guys! Einstein med student here on full tuition scholarship. My experience at Einstein has been absolutely incredible. Just wanted to drop in to let you guys know you can feel free to tag or PM me with any questions. Good luck!

Hey guys! Einstein med student here on full tuition scholarship. My experience at Einstein has been absolutely incredible. Just wanted to drop in to let you guys know you can feel free to tag or PM me with any questions. Good luck!
Thanks for helping out! Do you have any idea on what percentage of interviews results in a direct acceptance? It seems like many students are pulled off the HPWL.

II on Friday after an ITA request on the Monday before. LizzyM 75 complete around 7/19.

Complete Today: 10/26 Submitted Secondary: 8/26
2 months.

I got the email for secondary complete, but never got an email saying application complete. Should I be worried that something went wrong w/ processing my app?

I got the email for secondary complete, but never got an email saying application complete. Should I be worried that something went wrong w/ processing my app?

As others have already repeated in the thread multiple times, there is quite a bit of lag time between you completing the secondary (automated email about it being complete) and the application being complete and processed. When did you get the automated email? Back in August, I submitted 8/1 and was marked complete 8/30. If you want a better idea of recent submission dates, just scroll back through old posts :)

Took me over a month and a half to get complete.

But II came only a week later

As others have already repeated in the thread multiple times, there is quite a bit of lag time between you completing the secondary (automated email about it being complete) and the application being complete and processed. When did you get the automated email? Back in August, I submitted 8/1 and was marked complete 8/30. If you want a better idea of recent submission dates, just scroll back through old posts :)
Okay. Thanks for the response. I got the secondary complete email 9/21, so it will probably be a while till I get the app complete email

Okay. Thanks for the response. I got the secondary complete email 9/21, so it will probably be a while till I get the app complete email

Last week they were only up to completing people who submitted everything late august. Gonna be a long wait so hang in there!

Last week they were only up to completing people who submitted everything late august. Gonna be a long wait so hang in there!

I got a Secondary complete email when I submitted on Aug. 30 and then a Completed app email on Sept. 21.. is that second email the one you are referring to?

I got a Secondary complete email when I submitted on Aug. 30 and then a Completed app email on Sept. 21.. is that second email the one you are referring to?

yeup, but it's not entirely linear. Some people submitted in September and was completed 1-3 weeks later. Took me 1.5 months to get my complete email and I submitted 8/20

Hey does anyone know if they accept notifications of you being in the area?

Anyone know how to sign up for student hosts?

submitted aug 31st, complete oct. 31st, quite the lead time.