2016-2017 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Shiiit...einstein love me!

Honestly, even getting an interview doesn't seem to mean much since they only accept a quarter of the interviewees
Ikr?

This is n=1, but at my interview a 3rd year said Einstein was the only school that offered him an II during his app cycle, so an II definitely means something! I feel like Einstein is looking for a very specific group of students given their location and patient population. They are very global health oriented and research is definitely a big part of their education.

I really liked the school after the interview. Plz show me some love in Feb Einstein :shy:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my god, I literally just clicked this thread to post the same question!!
I emailed the admissions yesterday to see if they accept update letters, so when they get back to me, I will let you know as well!

Did they ever get back to you on this?

Yes, they did. Sorry I forgot to post here. They are very receptive to updates by email.

Reactions: 1 users
II just now! Complete email received mid August

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Same II! Just got accepted also at my state school of UIC! I currently am in WA... so its like flying all the way to NY! For a 25% chance of getting accepted? SO MUCH MONEY is needed to do this med school cycle application thing

II earlier! Acceptance rate doesn't look too promising but I hope they have some spots left for me!

I can't check right now but can anyone let me know what days are offered for interview? Ty

Members don't see this ad :)
Same II! Just got accepted also at my state school of UIC! I currently am in WA... so its like flying all the way to NY! For a 25% chance of getting accepted? SO MUCH MONEY is needed to do this med school cycle application thing
What is that 25% acceptance rate?!? How can you know that?

Congrats to all of you! Which dates are available?

For the late PM interview sessions (2:30 and 3pPM), the interview invitation scheduling website says to arrive at 11:45 AM. Is this a mistake in the system, or is there some group orientation at this time?

For the late PM interview sessions (2:30 and 3pPM), the interview invitation scheduling website says to arrive at 11:45 AM. Is this a mistake in the system, or is there some group orientation at this time?

There will be a tour and a lunch that starts around that time. Then you'll have your interview

Reactions: 1 user
II as well! People kept snatching up the slots as I tried to sign up for them!

Would you go to UIC (in state) or Einstein?

I like to do surgical residency.

Is there a cheap way to do this if you are flying in? Which airport and how do you get from the airport to the interview location best? Thanks... looking at flying from Seattle. Looking at hotels and I'm like... dang NYC=$$$

Is there a cheap way to do this if you are flying in? Which airport and how do you get from the airport to the interview location best? Thanks... looking at flying from Seattle. Looking at hotels and I'm like... dang NYC=$$$
i know its expensive but the residence inn was seriously awesome. 5 minutes from the admission building by foot and you can get applebees room serviced to your door!

If you're going to use a cab/uber, it's cheaper from LGA. And there is a student host program if you don't want to spend money on a hotel. I stayed at the residence inn and it was very nice.

Just to chyme in, if you want to keep the expenses low, fly into LGA (LaGuardia) and use public transit to get up to the bronx. You can take two buses (M60-SBS, and BxM10 ~about $10) and the last bus (BxM10) will drop you off literally within a block of the school (there is some construction going on, so the exact bus stop I am unsure of - however it is very close).

As for the hotels there aren't many in the Einstein area (except residence inn). I would recommend a student host, you get to spend some time with students here plus its free. Hope it helps.

Reactions: 2 users
My interview is coming up, you guys! Very excited. Anyone want to share some insights on how their day went? I checked out the interview feedback, but I figure it's always nice to hear from those who went through the process recently. :)

Just to chyme in, if you want to keep the expenses low, fly into LGA (LaGuardia) and use public transit to get up to the bronx. You can take two buses (M60-SBS, and BxM10 ~about $10) and the last bus (BxM10) will drop you off literally within a block of the school (there is some construction going on, so the exact bus stop I am unsure of - however it is very close).

As for the hotels there aren't many in the Einstein area (except residence inn). I would recommend a student host, you get to spend some time with students here plus its free. Hope it helps.
Thank you! All of you for your advice! I'm going to fly in overnight! And then go to the interview off the flight and then fly back after the interview! I have a project that weekend to do with MLK (AmeriCorps). Skip the hotel cost then! Thank you all though! I'm excited to be interviewing here! I love the facilities and mission statements from the school and focus on global health even! Plus the match lists... I would love to match at the places the students match at! East Coast here I come maybe?!

So I sent an ITA a few weeks ago and they never acknowledged receipt of it. Is this normal?

I would like to know this too!
I sent an ITA a few weeks back and they didn't acknowledge receipt of it either...then got an II the Friday of that same week!

Has anyone partaken in the special request to meet with a researcher at Einstein? I haven't seen this option with other schools so it is definitely interesting.

If so, how did you find out about the particular researcher?

My interview is coming up, you guys! Very excited. Anyone want to share some insights on how their day went? I checked out the interview feedback, but I figure it's always nice to hear from those who went through the process recently. :)
Relax, be yourself. Einstein's interview is very laid back and the interviewer really is just trying to get to know you. However be prepared that your actual interview might not be "on-campus," it may be at an affiliated site where your interviewer works. The tour is quite a bit of a walk so wear comfy shoes.

Ok my interview is very soon.
How do you pronounce these words:
1) Montefiore
2) Maimonedes
3) Weiler

Ok my interview is very soon.
How do you pronounce these words:
1) Montefiore
2) Maimonedes
3) Weiler

I've heard a lot of different ways to pronounce Montefiore, not sure which is correct. Most common is montə-fyur.

Never heard the second one.

Weiler is pronounced Why-ler.

I wish to cancel my II here. I don't see anywhere to do it on their portal. Should I send an email to Ms. Pace to cancel?

Also, the II dates that are open to me are late Jan to early Feb. In case anyone wanted an update on where AE was in their II calendar :)