-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Complete 08/26 and got "the email" about 15 minutes ago
On the one hand I'm happy to hear that those are still going out. On the other hand, I still haven't gotten one. So... really, I'm right where I started on this.
But thank you for sharing that!
Yes, you can place the storage in the waiting roomIs there a place to store luggage at the interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected by email today. Complete 7/26. LizzyM ~70. Good luck everyone!
I'm sorry to hear that... Good luck with the rest of your schools! Btw, did you ever get the email that said it was taking them a while to review applications?
I did not receive that email.I'm sorry to hear that... Good luck with the rest of your schools! Btw, did you ever get the email that said it was taking them a while to review applications?
I did not receive that email.
Thanks for sharing that. Keep ya head up. Best of luck with your other schools man.

Thank you!Thanks for sharing that. Keep ya head up. Best of luck with your other schools man.![]()
(Content redacted to preserve anonymity)
Last edited:
dude u have 12 II so you lost nothing lolOh yes I was also rejected this afternoon. Not that disappointed for some reasons. Guess our dislike for each other is mutual. XD
Complete 7/12ish. LizzyM ~70. Non-trad.
(Content redacted to preserve anonymity)
Last edited:
Do you receive email "regret" delay last week?Yah I know. My app seems to elicit strong emotions of either love or hatred, considering how I'm often the first (or amongst the first) to get invited or rejected, which is exactly the response I want!
(Content redacted to preserve anonymity)
Last edited:
You're Canadian though, right? That could be part of it. You're clearly still having a great season. Best of luck with all your other schools!!Nope, but I was amongst the very first to complete my application. They probably knew to reject me after reading the first paragraph in my personal statement. Like I said, my application elicits very strong emotions from adcom. 🙂
Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
(Content redacted to preserve anonymity)
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think that's the reason though. Out of all the schools I'm applying, BU is actually friendliest toward internationals, interviewing 70+ internationals last year. It's just that BU is not very holistic in its evaluation. I haven't had much success at places that don't undergo holistic evaluation.
You gotta post that first graf then... go on go ahead now.
(Content redacted to preserve anonymity)
Last edited:
I was also rejected this afternoon.
...I didn't get the "we're delayed in applications" email that other people got also, so seems like a good sign for you guys. Good luck!
...I didn't get the "we're delayed in applications" email that other people got also, so seems like a good sign for you guys. Good luck!
when where you completedI was also rejected this afternoon.
...I didn't get the "we're delayed in applications" email that other people got also, so seems like a good sign for you guys. Good luck!
I didn't get "the email", so now I'm worried.
Same, I think it's a harbinger... but until there's bad news there's a chance for good news... I guess...
Best Wishes to all of the applicants to the Boston University School of Medicine! I graduated in the early 90s and thoroughly enjoyed my clinical experiences at the then-named Boston City Hospital and the affiliated VA in Jamaica Plain.
when where you completed
I was complete on 7/18
D
deleted702279
Edit: Wrong thread.
+1Rejected just now 🙁
Complete June
Just got rejected, gg bros 

You were complete in June/July right?Just got rejected, gg bros![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected this afternoon. Good luck everyone.
Yup!You were complete in June/July right?
Aw man.
Ok so I'm assuming those of us marked complete mid August should wait a few weeks or a month.
Really hoping for an interview here..
Sorry about the rejections you guys
Ok so I'm assuming those of us marked complete mid August should wait a few weeks or a month.
Really hoping for an interview here..
Sorry about the rejections you guys
Can someone shed some light on how to prepare for the interview at BUSM? I have interview this Wednesday (10/12). I know that there's only one 45min interview and the rest of the time touring/learning about the school. Besides the standard why medicine/or BUSM, tell me about yourself, strengths/weakness questions, are there other common questions asked at BU?
Honestly, no. Lol I interviewed with the assistant dean and shes dope. So chill. The only pointed question she asked was "What do you know abou the rigors of medical school?" Otherwise she focused on my ECs so know those lil babies inside/out. Good luck

@Roverreign @Dirtybird Sorry guys... May I ask if you received that "we're behind" e-mail? Worried there's a trend that I'll eventually be included in. Good luck with other applications!
Thanks, and no I never got the email.
Aw man.
Ok so I'm assuming those of us marked complete mid August should wait a few weeks or a month.
Really hoping for an interview here..
Sorry about the rejections you guys
What I still don't get tho is that people complete in Augustus and September have had interview invites... I figured they were pretty far along and not getting that e-mail was the death knell for anybody thru mid august. Somebody complete Augustus 23 got one and somebody else not complete August 23 didn't get one... so odd. But I figured if those decisions had been made we'd hear with everybody that's been hearing today or yesterday.
The email is the one thing that throws me for a giant loop. Ugh. Can't force myself to not over analyze this haha.
you are doing yourself a disservice trying to figure it all out ! 😛What I still don't get tho is that people complete in Augustus and September have had interview invites... I figured they were pretty far along and not getting that e-mail was the death knell for anybody thru mid august. Somebody complete Augustus 23 got one and somebody else not complete August 23 didn't get one... so odd. But I figured if those decisions had been made we'd hear with everybody that's been hearing today or yesterday.
The email is the one thing that throws me for a giant loop. Ugh. Can't force myself to not over analyze this haha.
Just when I thought I was f***ed, I realized that I was not included in this recent batch of rejections, which mostly consisted of those complete in June-July, just like me. STAHP THIS EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER ALREADY!After not getting that infamous 'email', I am now certain that I'm f***ed.

Last edited:
Just when I thought I was f***ed, I realized that I was not included in this recent batch of rejections, which mostly consisted of those complete in June-July, just like me. STAHP THIS EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER ALREADY!![]()
Why didn't we get the email tho! We need to Nancy Drew this mystery!
Thanks, and no I did not receive that email, only the rejection email. Good luck!@Roverreign @Dirtybird Sorry guys... May I ask if you received that "we're behind" e-mail? Worried there's a trend that I'll eventually be included in. Good luck with other applications!
Thanks, and no I did not receive that email, only the rejection email. Good luck!
Thank you for sharing I appreciate it! Best of luck!
Wow they literally emailed out the kindest most thoughtful rejection letter ever written lol
Damn son... Can you post it?Wow they literally emailed out the kindest most thoughtful rejection letter ever written lol
Also did you get the e-mail before?
got this last year, completely agreedWow they literally emailed out the kindest most thoughtful rejection letter ever written lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARejected yesterday pre-II, complete mid-July, LizzyM ~73...good luck to you all!
Also rejected yesterday pre-II, so they must be executing applicants in waves. Good luck y'all!
I haven't been rejected yet and was complete mid-July as well! Here's to hoping I have a chance!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
damn dawg what's your complete dateAlso rejected yesterday pre-II, so they must be executing applicants in waves. Good luck y'all!
![]()
Also rejected yesterday pre-II, so they must be executing applicants in waves. Good luck y'all!
![]()
You have II at 142 M.D. programs? 'Scuse?
Also - ahem... did you get "the e-mail?"
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K