You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congratulation! When were you complete?just scheduled my II! first invite, i'm so excited!
Congrats!! When are their first interview dates?just scheduled my II! first invite, i'm so excited!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I scheduled mine for the first week of September!
And those were the first available dates lol. Sep 7 and 9I scheduled mine for the first week of September!
Thanks! Complete on 7/9Congratulation! When were you complete?
what were your stats?? just curious and congratulations!just scheduled my II! first invite, i'm so excited!
edit: ugh I'm lying I'm not curious I just want to see if my numbers are around the numbers other people are getting II'd with
Last edited:
II! First one, super excited!
II! First one, super excited!
Noice! Congrats!
hahaha don't worry I feel you! 516/3.98what were your stats?? just curious and congratulations!
edit: ugh I'm lying I'm not curious I just want to see if my numbers are around the numbers other people are getting II'd with
dude nice GPA!!!!! what was the one class you got an A- in? lolhahaha don't worry I feel you! 516/3.98
thanks for sharing stats and helping to give an idea of the numbers that are getting interviewed.
S
Stats?II! First one, super excited!
Anyone know how to withdraw from this school? I haven't done the Secondary yet, and realized I just didn't stand much of a chance and wanted to save the $. Thanks in advance 🙂
Anyone know how to withdraw from this school? I haven't done the Secondary yet, and realized I just didn't stand much of a chance and wanted to save the $. Thanks in advance 🙂
Hey man, are you sure about this? You applied to Case for a reason after all! I don't know your stats and I don't want to give you false hope, but make sure you're not just freaking out. I've had so many waves of self-doubt during this process and I've been so close to just cancelling all my top tier apps and applying to my state schools due to getting anxious. All I'm trying to say is make sure this is what you want to do!
But to answer your question, I don't think you can withdraw an application. You can, however, just choose not to fill out the secondary. you won't get any penalty or anything for it.
Hey man, are you sure about this? You applied to Case for a reason after all! I don't know your stats and I don't want to give you false hope, but make sure you're not just freaking out. I've had so many waves of self-doubt during this process and I've been so close to just cancelling all my top tier apps and applying to my state schools due to getting anxious. All I'm trying to say is make sure this is what you want to do!
But to answer your question, I don't think you can withdraw an application. You can, however, just choose not to fill out the secondary. you won't get any penalty or anything for it.
Thanks for the pep talk 🙂 I just had a realization that it was a little too optimistic so I'm saving the money and submitting an app to another school instead!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the pep talk 🙂 I just had a realization that it was a little too optimistic so I'm saving the money and submitting an app to another school instead!
Okay. Best of luck moving forward!
S
Stats?
3.96 gpa, 524 mcat. From a small liberal arts college in the northeast
Applying to both programs and this app is brutally long, any tips for turning these prompts around quickly? Working on the Duke secondary as well, I might as well just quit medicine and start writing novels.... 7 Secondaries need to be finished in 12 days 

anyone else not marked complete yet and submitted a while ago?
Yes, this is by far the longest secondary that I have to do, and I am planning to complete all the other ones before even starting this secondary..Applying to both programs and this app is brutally long, any tips for turning these prompts around quickly? Working on the Duke secondary as well, I might as well just quit medicine and start writing novels.... 7 Secondaries need to be finished in 12 days![]()
Just got my II! SO excited for this school!! 
(Secondary submitted 7/9 , so ~2 weeks for response)

(Secondary submitted 7/9 , so ~2 weeks for response)
Just got my II! SO excited for this school!!
(Secondary submitted 7/9 , so ~2 weeks for response)
Congrats!! I just submitted the secondary yesterday. What were your stats if you don't mind me asking??
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congrats!! I just submitted the secondary yesterday. What were your stats if you don't mind me asking??
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
3.9/3.89 c/sGPA, 521 MCAT. Decent ECs (certainly not mindblowing), solid essays.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
3.9/3.89 c/sGPA, 521 MCAT. Decent ECs (certainly not mindblowing), solid essays.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thats amazing! Best of luck on your II!! Seriously deserve it with those stats haha
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hmmm... getting a little nervous. Interviews seem to be going out to 520's+
And here I was thinking that a 518 was a good score X_X
And here I was thinking that a 518 was a good score X_X
Hmmm... getting a little nervous. Interviews seem to be going out to 520's+
And here I was thinking that a 518 was a good score X_X
Let me remind you that a 518 is in the 97th percentile. That's not a number anyone can scoff at, not even Case. Head up, buddy!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Let me remind you that a 518 is in the 97th percentile. That's not a number anyone can scoff at, not even Case. Head up, buddy!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Haha this also makes me feel better as well. Applying with a 517 !
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Let me remind you that a 518 is in the 97th percentile. That's not a number anyone can scoff at, not even Case. Head up, buddy!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
You're right!!! ughh i'm just nervous. thanks for the kind words and best of luck applying this cycle.
Haha this also makes me feel better as well. Applying with a 517 !
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
stay strong comrade!!
Hey I got a 521 and haven't heard a peep from a single school so it's not everything!
(Yes I know it's July, I swear I'm not complaining)
(Yes I know it's July, I swear I'm not complaining)
Hmmm... getting a little nervous. Interviews seem to be going out to 520's+
And here I was thinking that a 518 was a good score X_X
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you apply only to case or both case and CCLM?Just got my II! SO excited for this school!!
(Secondary submitted 7/9 , so ~2 weeks for response)
I have a 516 and got an II about a week ago so MCAT isn't everything!
You're right!!! ughh i'm just nervous. thanks for the kind words and best of luck applying this cycle.
stay strong comrade!!
You as well, best of luck!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I got an interview with a 512! no worriesHmmm... getting a little nervous. Interviews seem to be going out to 520's+
And here I was thinking that a 518 was a good score X_X
Yes- why caseWhat is the general consensus on the optional/additional info question? Are people using it as a "Why CWRU?" essay?
I plan on using it as a diversity essay with a little bit of why Case thrown into the last paragraph.
I used it to explain some changes I'm anticipating with my immigration status that could have some bearing on admissions. In my mind, all these "additional info" essays are for things like that and that if they wanted a why case essay or a diversity essay they'd ask for it. That's just been my approach while doing secondaries for what it's worth. I'd bet though that both people that have done a why case essay and people that have left it blank have gotten acceptances.What is the general consensus on the optional/additional info question? Are people using it as a "Why CWRU?" essay?
Did anyone who received the II leave the optional essay blank?
Did anyone who received the II leave the optional essay blank?
I left it blank.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Same.
Congrads! Can I ask when you submitted?II!! 🙂
Primary 6/7, Secondary something like 7/12 (they all start blending together so not 100% on the date)Congrads! Can I ask when you submitted?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First II!!! Complete 7/14
Seeing all these II makes me regret (not really) applying for Lerner as well lol
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K