2016-2017 Central Michigan University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone confirm if we need to stay at the interview day till 4:30? Or is any of it optional?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hey guys I am not from Michigan. Do you guys think my best answer is to put "N/A " to the portion asking about my ties for Michigan
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any stats on post-II acceptance rate?
I don't have official stats, but your odds post-interview are generally pretty decent, especially if you're in-state. As I recall from my own admission cycle, our class had something like a 40% acceptance for IS post-interview. (Someone with MSAR access can check my numbers?) Occasionally a "Priority Waitlist" status is deployed as well, in which they can't give you a seat immediately, but guarantee you'll get one sometime before the regular waitlist opens up at the end of April. If you throw PW students into the numbers, then the admit rate goes up another couple of percentage points. Not every class year uses the PW system, though. (2020 did, 2019 didn't, 2018 did, and 2017 was the charter class.)

Hope this helps a little. Good luck to everyone who interviewed yesterday!
 
Interviewed here yesterday and it was a great experience! And to reply to another post, let's dispel that rumor! I played ping pong with an applicant who said that he was a ping pong player! 🙂 I had to put him to the test! Great fun, amazing staff, beautiful campus, happy medical students. I'm hopeful for an opportunity to attend!
 
I really wish I hadn't taken CASPer and sent it to CMU. It's such a crappy tool and bad metric of someone's character and it's probably hurting my application more than helping it. :/
 
I really wish I hadn't taken CASPer and sent it to CMU. It's such a crappy tool and bad metric of someone's character and it's probably hurting my application more than helping it. :/
CMU "strongly recommends" taking the Casper so if you didn't take it, it would reflect just as poorly as if you did take it (if you did as bad as you think.)

Edit: that's just my two cents
 
CMU "strongly recommends" taking the Casper so if you didn't take it, it would reflect just as poorly as if you did take it (if you did as bad as you think.)

Edit: that's just my two cents
There are things about my app that would have more than made up for it. Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really wish I hadn't taken CASPer and sent it to CMU. It's such a crappy tool and bad metric of someone's character and it's probably hurting my application more than helping it. :/

Several other people who have called the admissions office stated they were told CASPer was not used as a criteria for admissions this cycle. Rather, it is being tested this cycle to see if it is a valid aid in deciding who to accept.

In short: the test is being tested; the test is not actually a test being used as a test. So don't let the test test your confidence.

(Easily amused by word play)
 
Several other people who have called the admissions office stated they were told CASPer was not used as a criteria for admissions this cycle. Rather, it is being tested this cycle to see if it is a valid aid in deciding who to accept.

In short: the test is being tested; the test is not actually a test being used as a test. So don't let the test test your confidence.

(Easily amused by word play)
Oh thank you jesus.
 
How long after the status change in your portal from "application materials under review" to "review complete but an interview decisions is pending" did you guys get your interview?

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
 
How long did it take your applications' reviews to be complete? It's been almost 2 months since I submitted my secondary and it's still under review.
 
My application was complete 7/20 the review didn't start until mid August and then wasn't complete for about three weeks. I then had the interview pending status probably for around a month. Seems like the timeframes can be variable.
 
So my status changed to : "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February."

Please tell me somebody had this status before getting an interview?
 
So my status changed to : "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February."

Please tell me somebody had this status before getting an interview?
When were you complete?
 
So my status changed to : "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February."

Please tell me somebody had this status before getting an interview?

I still haven't heard back but had that message since early September. When were you complete?
 
So my status changed to : "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February."

Please tell me somebody had this status before getting an interview?

Yes I had this status for about a month, and then I received an interview yesterday! I'm assuming everybody gets this status! Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dang it does that mean Im most likely going to be rejected, there was a hella fast turn around for my application
 
So my status changed to : "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February."

Please tell me somebody had this status before getting an interview?

This happened to me. I received an II 2 weeks later. I hope the same happens to you. Good luck!
 
So my status changed to : "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February."

Please tell me somebody had this status before getting an interview?
Me!
 
Did anyone receive this status and not receive an II?

Yes, it is their hold status. February was their last month of interviews last year so all final decisions are made after the interviews conclude, including pre-interview rejections.
 
How long did it take your applications' reviews to be complete? It's been almost 2 months since I submitted my secondary and it's still under review.
Same here, and it kind of scares me because I grew up in northern Michigan so I'm really banking on getting a response from CMU, but so far I haven't heard a thing from them.
 
Last edited:
Yes, it is their hold status. February was their last month of interviews last year so all final decisions are made after the interviews conclude, including pre-interview rejections.
So does this mean those of us who have this status will receive a rejection or are there still interviews to be send out?
 
1+ on the Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February.
How do people stay on hold on average before II? I take it 2 weeks - 1 month so far.
 
Last edited:
So does this mean those of us who have this status will receive a rejection or are there still interviews to be send out?

It's still very early in the cycle. Invites will probably go out until January/February. Check out last year's thread. There is still plenty of time to be interviewed and accepted.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's still very early in the cycle. Invites will probably go out until January/February. Check out last year's thread. There is still plenty of time to be interviewed and accepted.

Agreed. I feel like we all get so eager to hear back, but there are a lot of people who interview much later and still get in!


Edit: I'm guilty of this. 🙂
 
Any insight on what the interview was like? What kinds of MMI questions? I noticed there is no interview feedback for CMU.