-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Central Michigan University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey guys I am not from Michigan. Do you guys think my best answer is to put "N/A " to the portion asking about my ties for Michigan
Ultimately your call... but Michiganders and those with Michigan ties are at an advantage for acceptance (statistically speaking).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank youUltimately your call... but Michiganders and those with Michigan ties are at an advantage for acceptance (statistically speaking).
Any stats on post-II acceptance rate?
Rumor has it a small group of interviewees today even got to have a miniature ping pong battle... You guys are a hoot!
Got the application review complete status yesterday. Complete 7/13.
I don't have official stats, but your odds post-interview are generally pretty decent, especially if you're in-state. As I recall from my own admission cycle, our class had something like a 40% acceptance for IS post-interview. (Someone with MSAR access can check my numbers?) Occasionally a "Priority Waitlist" status is deployed as well, in which they can't give you a seat immediately, but guarantee you'll get one sometime before the regular waitlist opens up at the end of April. If you throw PW students into the numbers, then the admit rate goes up another couple of percentage points. Not every class year uses the PW system, though. (2020 did, 2019 didn't, 2018 did, and 2017 was the charter class.)Any stats on post-II acceptance rate?
Hope this helps a little. Good luck to everyone who interviewed yesterday!
Interviewed here yesterday and it was a great experience! And to reply to another post, let's dispel that rumor! I played ping pong with an applicant who said that he was a ping pong player! 🙂 I had to put him to the test! Great fun, amazing staff, beautiful campus, happy medical students. I'm hopeful for an opportunity to attend!
CMU "strongly recommends" taking the Casper so if you didn't take it, it would reflect just as poorly as if you did take it (if you did as bad as you think.)I really wish I hadn't taken CASPer and sent it to CMU. It's such a crappy tool and bad metric of someone's character and it's probably hurting my application more than helping it. :/
Edit: that's just my two cents
There are things about my app that would have more than made up for it. Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose.CMU "strongly recommends" taking the Casper so if you didn't take it, it would reflect just as poorly as if you did take it (if you did as bad as you think.)
Edit: that's just my two cents
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really wish I hadn't taken CASPer and sent it to CMU. It's such a crappy tool and bad metric of someone's character and it's probably hurting my application more than helping it. :/
Several other people who have called the admissions office stated they were told CASPer was not used as a criteria for admissions this cycle. Rather, it is being tested this cycle to see if it is a valid aid in deciding who to accept.
In short: the test is being tested; the test is not actually a test being used as a test. So don't let the test test your confidence.
(Easily amused by word play)
Oh thank you jesus.Several other people who have called the admissions office stated they were told CASPer was not used as a criteria for admissions this cycle. Rather, it is being tested this cycle to see if it is a valid aid in deciding who to accept.
In short: the test is being tested; the test is not actually a test being used as a test. So don't let the test test your confidence.
(Easily amused by word play)
How long after the status change in your portal from "application materials under review" to "review complete but an interview decisions is pending" did you guys get your interview?
Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
How long after the status change in your portal from "application materials under review" to "review complete but an interview decisions is pending" did you guys get your interview?
Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
I'm not sure. It must've been within 2-3 days at most.
Gotcha thanks!I'm not sure. It must've been within 2-3 days at most.
Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
I submitted 2 months ago and I'm not even under review yet...How long did it take your applications' reviews to be complete? It's been almost 2 months since I submitted my secondary and it's still under review.
So my status changed to : "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February."
Please tell me somebody had this status before getting an interview?
Please tell me somebody had this status before getting an interview?
When were you complete?So my status changed to : "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February."
Please tell me somebody had this status before getting an interview?
So my status changed to : "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February."
Please tell me somebody had this status before getting an interview?
I still haven't heard back but had that message since early September. When were you complete?
So my status changed to : "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February."
Please tell me somebody had this status before getting an interview?
Yes I had this status for about a month, and then I received an interview yesterday! I'm assuming everybody gets this status! Good luck!
Yes I had this status for about a month, and then I received an interview yesterday! I'm assuming everybody gets this status! Good luck!
When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was put "under review" about 3 weeks ago, but I was complete on 7/17.When were you complete?
How long after the status change in your portal from "application materials under review" to "review complete but an interview decisions is pending" did you guys get your interview?
Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
2 weeks
So my status changed to : "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February."
Please tell me somebody had this status before getting an interview?
This happened to me. I received an II 2 weeks later. I hope the same happens to you. Good luck!
Hoping for the best! Thank you and good luck 🙂This happened to me. I received an II 2 weeks later. I hope the same happens to you. Good luck!
Me!So my status changed to : "Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February."
Please tell me somebody had this status before getting an interview?
How long did you have this status before receiving an interview invite?!
Somewhere between a week or twoHow long did you have this status before receiving an interview invite?!
Did anyone receive this status and not receive an II?This happened to me. I received an II 2 weeks later. I hope the same happens to you. Good luck!
Did anyone receive this status and not receive an II?
Yes, it is their hold status. February was their last month of interviews last year so all final decisions are made after the interviews conclude, including pre-interview rejections.
Same here, and it kind of scares me because I grew up in northern Michigan so I'm really banking on getting a response from CMU, but so far I haven't heard a thing from them.How long did it take your applications' reviews to be complete? It's been almost 2 months since I submitted my secondary and it's still under review.
Last edited:
So does this mean those of us who have this status will receive a rejection or are there still interviews to be send out?Yes, it is their hold status. February was their last month of interviews last year so all final decisions are made after the interviews conclude, including pre-interview rejections.
1+ on the Your supplemental application review is complete but an interview decision is pending. While we make every effort to provide application decisions in a timely manner, it is possible that an applicant could remain without an interview decision until February.
How do people stay on hold on average before II? I take it 2 weeks - 1 month so far.
How do people stay on hold on average before II? I take it 2 weeks - 1 month so far.
Last edited:
So does this mean those of us who have this status will receive a rejection or are there still interviews to be send out?
It's still very early in the cycle. Invites will probably go out until January/February. Check out last year's thread. There is still plenty of time to be interviewed and accepted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's still very early in the cycle. Invites will probably go out until January/February. Check out last year's thread. There is still plenty of time to be interviewed and accepted.
Agreed. I feel like we all get so eager to hear back, but there are a lot of people who interview much later and still get in!
Edit: I'm guilty of this. 🙂
Any insight on what the interview was like? What kinds of MMI questions? I noticed there is no interview feedback for CMU.
We signed an NDA. Unable to disclose this type of info but I can assure you there's no way to prep for it. You'll do fine!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
OOS II, non trad. Got the "pending interview decision" update about three weeks ago and got the II email 10/02.
Waiting for available November interview dates.
Waiting for available November interview dates.
How long did it take from "complete" to decision pending?OOS II, non trad. Got the "pending interview decision" update about three weeks ago and got the II email 10/02.
Waiting for available November interview dates.