2016-2017 Creighton University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody know if theres an admitted students page?

That's what Orthosurg and I were discussing earlier, but we haven't seen anything so far

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Trying to coordinate travel plans. What is the earliest time I can get to the airport after the interview?

Trying to coordinate travel plans. What is the earliest time I can get to the airport after the interview?

The nearest airport (OMA) is literally ten minutes away. I've also never spent longer than 30 minutes to get through luggage and security. My interview got out at around 3. I hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The nearest airport (OMA) is literally ten minutes away. I've also never spent longer than 30 minutes to get through luggage and security. My interview got out at around 3. I hope this helps!

I had the same experience - back to the starting point of the day just before 3.

Thank you! Can you describe what transportation is like from SOM yo airport? Does public transportation exist? Or uber?

Thank you! Can you describe what transportation is like from the school of medicine to the airport? Does public transportation exist? Or uber?

Thank you! Can you describe what transportation is like from SOM yo airport? Does public transportation exist? Or uber?
You can uber. There's not really any public transport in omaha except for a couple buses few people use since they dont stop anywhere useful.

does anyone know where the dinner is tomorrow and what applicants usually wear?

does anyone know where the dinner is tomorrow and what applicants usually wear?

Hey! I'm not sure where the dinner is, as it rotates.

Guys: Suit. No exception. Literally every guy had a suit on.
Girls: A pant suit or a skirt suit. Some wore flats, some wore low heels. DO NOT WEAR HEELS. I did and died. You do so much walking. There was one girl who only had slacks and a shirt and she looked really out of place.

Hey! I'm not sure where the dinner is, as it rotates.

Guys: Suit. No exception. Literally every guy had a suit on.
Girls: A pant suit or a skirt suit. Some wore flats, some wore low heels. DO NOT WEAR HEELS. I did and died. You do so much walking. There was one girl who only had slacks and a shirt and she looked really out of place.
Thank you! When I was asking about what to wear though, I was talking about to the dinner. Were you talking about the dinner or interview for clothes?

Thank you! When I was asking about what to wear though, I was talking about to the dinner. Were you talking about the dinner or interview for clothes?

Color's description seems to be more for the interview rather than the dinner, when I went to my M0 dinner after my interview I stayed in my suit and ended up being the most over-dressed in the bunch. The atmosphere is very laid-back, you're meeting with students who are coming from classes (t-shirts and sweats for some of them). There were no admissions staff or people who report back to them at the dinner I had attended.

I definitely do encourage you to attend though, it was a lot of fun and helped me learn a lot more about the school from a student's perspective!

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondary 10/10, considered complete 11/8. Haven't gotten an II, but also not a rejection. Hoping for the best! Anyone know when Its are no longer offered?

is there a space for us to leave light luggage during the interview day?

Submitted 1/8 and II received 1/13
only dates were end of Feb/early March

Reactions: 3 users
Financial aid packet via email this morning!

Financial aid packet via email this morning!

About how long was the wait-time for you after submitting the FAFSA/acceptance? I was a little slow finishing up my forms and just submitted a couple of days ago, wondering what I should expect as a response time. Thanks!

About how long was the wait-time for you after submitting the FAFSA/acceptance? I was a little slow finishing up my forms and just submitted a couple of days ago, wondering what I should expect as a response time. Thanks!

I submitted my FAFSA in October I think, and was accepted at the beginning of November.

Does anyone know when second look day is?

Do they send pre-II rejections? I was complete 10/18, so I'm starting to lose hope.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you message and letters just disappeared for me, at the same time from what I could tell. Interviewed 12/9

what are some cool things about creighton SOM?

Did anyone who interviewed on 12/10 get a decision? From the posts above it looks like 12/9 attendees have decisions. I still have the Thank You and letters on the portal.

Did anyone who interviewed on 12/10 get a decision? From the posts above it looks like 12/9 attendees have decisions. I still have the Thank You and letters on the portal.
I interviewed 12/10 and am still waiting as well.

Does anyone know when second look day is?

I'm assuming the e-mail went out to everyone, but for the sake of having everything available on SDN here are the two "second look" style days for Creighton:

Phoenix Campus: Saturday, February 25th
Omaha Campus: Saturday, April 1st

There might be multiple days, as the Phoenix day seems extremely early, but this is what I was informed of earlier.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Does anyone know where I can send a letter of interest pre-II? There does not seem a suitable place on the application portal to upload one since it only asks for updates. Do you think a letter of interest would be well received if I emailed it to the admissions email?

Does Creighton send out pre-II rejections? And is the school still interviewing?

I just randomly checked my portal and had an II waiting. Dates I have available are Feb 24, March 3rd, and March 17th!

Reactions: 3 users
Just checked my portal - the thank you and letters are gone! Interviewed 12/10.

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody know if theres an admitted students page?

Generally one of the current M1s will make a Facebook page for the incoming class. Should be up before the end of the academic school year as people tend to post housing info and/or stuff for sale prior to moving to Phoenix or moving for residency. It is still a bit early though.

Congratz!! Waitlist movement and I haven't received anything since I submitted late July... Can I assume I'm done for? :(
Nope, I just received an II a few days ago and there are open dates in March. There's still hope!

Rejected Pre-II. Is it just me or did the e-mail seem a little harsh and awkwardly worded?

Rejected Pre-II. Is it just me or did the e-mail seem a little harsh and awkwardly worded?
Me too and I agree. I felt like they wrote that personally to me bc they hated me.

Me too and I agree. I felt like they wrote that personally to me bc they hated me.

Sorry to hear that :( What did it say? Not from this school, but I received a rejection from another school that read "You will probably be able to identify areas of your application that need to be strengthened for future applications to be successful. As you plan for reapplication, it would be wise to work on an alternative plan". Way harsher than other rejection letters I have received haha