2016-2017 Eastern Virginia Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can any current students (or better informed incoming MS1s than myself) answer the following:

-Is dress code casual for lectures?
-Am I correct in my understanding that attendance is not required for lecture- only mandatory for group learning/standardized patients/guest lecturer etc.? Also, I think I remember my tour guide saying that you can pay for lecture notes from a scribe service or something like that or am I completely wrong?
-When do we get a book list/start buying books? Where do we get them (can we find them cheaper on Amazon and should I start looking now?)

Lastly, I wasn't able to go to 2nd look so I missed the session on the research opportunities. Just wondering if they shared how students can go about getting involved?

Thanks!

Rising M2 here!

1. Yes, dress code is definitely casual haha.

2. You are correct that most lectures are not mandatory. Thank goodness for that! There used to be a scribing service but it became pretty inactive, so I wouldn't count on it being a thing.

3. You'll get a book list soon before/after school starts... but you won't need to buy any, I promise. There's a Google Drive full of everything you'll need. :) You'll learn more about it from M2s once school starts.

4. I never attended second look so I can't comment on what was discussed there, but I can tell you that professors are generally very open to genuine student inquiries. If you find a professor doing something that interests you, just email them.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you! On a scale of 1 to 10 of my excitement about starting, I am hovering around a 14 most days over here... :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users
Any other IS students still not hear anything? I was complete early August, Lizzy ~70 and I have not heard anything yet.

I know no news is "good" news, but I think knowing would be great too!:eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
I read this thread from the first to the last page and didnt see a single post II rejection. Hence, the question do they actually send post II rejection or is it more of a silent rejection as in you wont know until the end of the cycle?

I read this thread from the first to the last page and didnt see a single post II rejection. Hence, the question do they actually send post II rejection or is it more of a silent rejection as in you wont know until the end of the cycle?

Yes they do post II rejections. Happened to myself last year

Yes they do post II rejections. Happened to myself last year
Oh is it by email and how long did you receive yours after interview?

I see most poeple dont want to post their rejection then.

Oh is it by email and how long did you receive yours after interview?

I see most poeple dont want to post their rejection then.

They will essentially email you and let you know their decision. I think a post II rejection is less common but it does happen. I didnt interview until February last cycle and they told us that most of their class was already filled at that point.

Reactions: 1 user