-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 George Washington University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II yesterday. Complete 8/10. Lizzy M 69.
Congrats!!!! Were you ever on hold?
I submitted by secondary approximately 1 week ago and have already been put on hold. I wonder if they even reviewed it or if they automatically put applicants on hold based on primaries...
Interesting. My secondary was submitted about a month ago and my AMCAS was verified about two weeks ago and my status hasn't changed from complete and ready for review. I guess everyone is different.
EDIT: I thought my AMCAS was verified 3 weeks ago but clearly I don't know what week it is.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That has usually meant a II. But take that with a grain of salt. They COULD just be backed-up!Interesting. My secondary was submitted about a month ago and my AMCAS was verified about three weeks ago and my status hasn't changed from complete and ready for review. I guess everyone is different.
That has usually meant a II. But take that with a grain of salt. They COULD just be backed-up!
Thanks for the positive thoughts. I re-read the thread and it seems like people get reviewed within three or so weeks so maybe something will change this week.
Yeah that's true. It's all a waiting game. And that's the best approach. Good luck!Thanks for the positive thoughts. I re-read the thread and it seems like people get reviewed within three or so weeks so maybe something will change this week.
I finished my interview at GWU over the weekend, and I have to say, I'm IN LOVE with their program. The students there are so happy, the area is beautiful, and their new integrated curriculum really gets how students learn. Blessed to have interviewed there. Love the staff, low stress interviews, innovative campus, just overall amazing impression. The interviews went well so that helps!
Congrats!!!! Were you ever on hold?
Nope.
+1.Interesting. My secondary was submitted about a month ago and my AMCAS was verified about two weeks ago and my status hasn't changed from complete and ready for review. I guess everyone is different.
EDIT: I thought my AMCAS was verified 3 weeks ago but clearly I don't know what week it is.
Submitted on Aug. 22nd, no status change from complete.
Prob taking a bit longer for statuses to change now due to high volume of applicants+1.
Submitted on Aug. 22nd, no status change from complete.
SameWell I was officially put on hold today. I checked the portal last last night and before 8 this morning and wasn't being reviewed yet so I only saw my status go from complete to hold within a couple of hours.
7
787593
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7
787593
.
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on hold! Sorry for the confusion and I appreciate the concern : )
Oh!! Phewwwww haha 🙂 fingers crossed!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
7
787593
.
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anyone has been rejected yetHold > rejection 🙂
on hold as well
Put on hold today. Submitted secondary on 8/22
On hold today
what day were you complete?On hold today
8/21!what day were you complete?
Congrats!Excellent interview day!
Has anyone gotten an II who was originally on hold yet?
Has anyone gotten an II who was originally on hold yet?
You just beat me in asking that haha
Did anyone receive an email from GW basically telling you to apply, if you haven't already?
Did anyone receive an email from GW basically telling you to apply, if you haven't already?
I did. That was no fun.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yes lolDid anyone receive an email from GW basically telling you to apply, if you haven't already?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today! SS 8/22. MCAT 130/128/130/129; cGPA 3.84/ sGPA 3.78
Congratulations, that's awesome! May I ask if you are IS/OS and if you're a URM or not?
7
787593
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow major brain fart there, yep everyone is OOS sorry!Isn't everyone OOS?
7
787593
.
Last edited by a moderator:
P
paulster16
On hold....which I think is probably just a rejection... Complete 8/25 Lizzy M: 68-69
Wow.II today! SS 8/22. MCAT 130/128/130/129; cGPA 3.84/ sGPA 3.78, not URM
If you get accepted, you owe everyone on this page a dollar.On hold....which I think is probably just a rejection... Complete 8/25 Lizzy M: 68-69
My MCAT was 520 (130,130,130,130) and I got put on holdWow.
But my gpa is 3.47 lol
😵My MCAT was 520 (130,130,130,130) and I got put on hold
But my gpa is 3.47 lol
Well at least you'll get /you've gotten multiple interviews!
I'm no where near that MCAT score.
7
787593
.
Last edited by a moderator:
ZERO interviews so far😵
Well at least you'll get /you've gotten multiple interviews!
I'm no where near that MCAT score.
But I've only been complete since aug 22nd lol
Yeah it's clean but I have no 132s like youThat score is so clean though 😎. My 520 was 129,127,132,132
7
787593
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One day it might be our dayAnd I also do not have any interviews 🙄
Hopefully we can catch a break soon.
Btw what was your complete date
Last edited:
7
787593
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Both why notFor my primary application or my GW secondary?
7
787593
.
Last edited by a moderator:
I've been complete since August 12 for my top schools.ZERO interviews so far
But I've only been complete since aug 22nd lol
Yeah it's clean but I have no 132s like you
1 month later and still nothing. 😛
I think it's because of my uncompetitive academic stats. But I haven't been outright rejected either, which is a silver lining.