2016-2017 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone had success after submitting an ITA request?

Just received an II-- was previously on hold, complete late July!

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
for anyone who sent an update, approximately how long after did you receive an email confirmation saying that they've received it?

Got an interview offer yesterday which surprised me. Complete end of July/beginning of August.

Reactions: 4 users
almost immediately. a couple of seconds!

Do you think it would be a good idea to email admissions if we never received a confirmation? I submitted an update yesterday (copy and pasted text into the portal box) and haven't gotten any confirmation yet.

Do you think it would be a good idea to email admissions if we never received a confirmation? I submitted an update yesterday (copy and pasted text into the portal box) and haven't gotten any confirmation yet.

I emailed them. They said it was received and that their system is experiencing technical difficulties!

Anyone else get their cute little package with a t-shirt included? Gotta say... t-shirts are the way to my heart.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else get their cute little package with a t-shirt included? Gotta say... t-shirts are the way to my heart.

Is it bad if I decide to pick GW solely to take a picture with my shirt this summer?

Is it bad if I decide to pick GW solely to take a picture with my shirt this summer?

Or you could wait on that financial aid package. The shirt might be less appealing and feel a lot less soft afterwards.

I wish every school sent gear. :/

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Dang I haven't gotten an acceptance t-shirt package yet :wtf:where's the love GW?

Reactions: 1 user
dam just when I drafted and update letter to be sent this weekend. Rejected Pre-II complete late August OOS

Friday the 13th! They chose the perfect day to perform this massacre! Sorry to hear about all these rejections

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Rejected pre-II after re-review as well. Good luck to everyone else!

dam just when I drafted and update letter to be sent this weekend. Rejected Pre-II complete late August OOS
Lol I feel you, I spent so long crafting a nice, meaty update letter that I was just about to submit this afternoon...

Lol I feel you, I spent so long crafting a nice, meaty update letter that I was just about to submit this afternoon...

ehh their loss. One less school to personalize my update letter for :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 users
I have been on hold since I applied in july and have not once seen my app go to re-review

RIP in peace everyone (including myself).

I actually just sent an update yesterday, tears.

nervous i will be rejected soon as well.. submitted an update a month ago but no change in status (currently on hold) :(

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone can tell me how generous this school is with scholarships? It's expensive as hell.

Anyone who interviewed early December hear back yet? Been about 6 weeks for me post-interview and haven't heard anything yet...

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my interview today with 100,000 of undergrad debt this school is just too expensive for me. Hope it goes to one of u guys/galsl!

Got the axe Friday afternoon. LM 70/68

idk if it's relevant, but uploaded an update on Monday the same week

edit: pre-II rejection

Anyone who interviewed early December hear back yet? Been about 6 weeks for me post-interview and haven't heard anything yet...

As far as I can tell the last people to hear back are early November. Last year 12-13 weeks seemed to be the average post-interview wait time

Last edited:
As far as I can tell the last people to hear back are early November. Last year 12-13 weeks seemed to be the average post-interview wait time

Holy Cow! That is quite a wait! Thank you for your response

Just saw my rejection in my junk email today. Part of the Friday the 13th massacre.