2016-2017 George Washington University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently have a new poster publication under my belt. I was wondering if I should send in an update or hold off until after a decision has been made post interview?
 
One Washington Circle was a decent hotel super close to the interview site--With the GW discount, it was similar in price to nearby Airbnbs. There's a Whole Foods between the hotel and GW that was good for a quick breakfast and coffee.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What kind of stuff should one include in a pre-II update? How substantial does it have to be?

Recent grades (meh I would say this will have a marginal impact unless there were questions related to academic ability).

Publication, new job (related to their mission), new activity that helps make a case for why you fit into the student body and that will equip you to further their mission.

That kinda stuff.

I probably wouldn't say too much about a new activity / job either unless I'd already gotten my feet wet and could write about it in depth.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
To add to the above post: what is the most recent average step 1 score of GWU students, and what is the most recent pass rate?
 
Anyone have experience using the blue line metro from Washington National Airport to GWU??

I haven't gone this way, but based on the metro map, it looks like you can take the blue line toward Largo and get off at the GWU/Foggy Bottom metro stop. It's SUPER easy to find the school/hospital from there... It's literally right next to the metro stop. You could probably throw a rock and hit it.
 
I haven't gone this way, but based on the metro map, it looks like you can take the blue line toward Largo and get off at the GWU/Foggy Bottom metro stop. It's SUPER easy to find the school/hospital from there... It's literally right next to the metro stop. You could probably throw a rock and hit it.

Yup, that's the best way to get there!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I interviewed early November and was placed on the alternate list yesterday 🙁. I reeeeeally loved GW, and think we're a great match for each other 😉. I'd love to send an update/ letter of interest but am not sure what to write that would be new, interesting, useful, or compelling. Currently working as a medical scribe/ doing research so no new grades and nothing new going on of great significance. Also already sent an update/ letter of interest post interview pre-decision. Any advice would be much appreciated!
 
Hey all,

I interviewed early November and was placed on the alternate list yesterday 🙁. I reeeeeally loved GW, and think we're a great match for each other 😉. I'd love to send an update/ letter of interest but am not sure what to write that would be new, interesting, useful, or compelling. Currently working as a medical scribe/ doing research so no new grades and nothing new going on of great significance. Also already sent an update/ letter of interest post interview pre-decision. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Sorry to hear that 🙁 what date in November did you interview? Im still waiting to hear and Im very nervous!
 
Is it better to send one comprehensive update as opposed to several? I have a new job, a new internship, and 2 quarters worth of new grades, but if one update is preferred, I wanted to wait until about a month into my new job/internship to give a more detailed description

P.S. I am on the alternate list post interview!
 
Hey all,

I interviewed early November and was placed on the alternate list yesterday 🙁. I reeeeeally loved GW, and think we're a great match for each other 😉. I'd love to send an update/ letter of interest but am not sure what to write that would be new, interesting, useful, or compelling. Currently working as a medical scribe/ doing research so no new grades and nothing new going on of great significance. Also already sent an update/ letter of interest post interview pre-decision. Any advice would be much appreciated!

I'm right there with you on the alternate list post-II 🙁 Could you maybe send a new letter of recommendation from one of the doctors that you scribe for? I work as an ER tech and my plan was to send a letter of interest/update letter, along with a LOR from a couple ER doctors, sometime in February/March.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad