2016-2017 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted. Interviewed 11/15. Really wanted to go here :/

Members don't see this ad.

What food do they serve on interview day?
Bagged lunches with a sandwich (deli meat of sorts or mixed veggies), apple, potato chips, and a daaaank sugar cookie

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Intervied on 10/28/16, still no reply. Anyone else heard back from that date?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Intervied on 10/28/16, still no reply. Anyone else heard back from that date?

I interviewed that week and heard back a couple weeks ago. But their review system seems to be all over the place, so I wouldn't worry! I'm sure you'll hear back soon.

Alternate. Interviewed in early november (recieved the email ~2 weeks ago but havent posted)

Accepted today interviewed 11/15. Good luck guys!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted via email today. Interviewed 11/10.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I sent an update last week but my status is still on hold. how long does it take them to re-review the app?

I've sent an update this past week (post-interview) and thank you notes a couple days after my interview

If we add another LOR, can we go over the max? Or only send a new LOR if you're under the max?

I got an email telling me that I was accepted and would receive the full acceptance package shortly. How long after did you guys receive your package via email?

I got an email telling me that I was accepted and would receive the full acceptance package shortly. How long after did you guys receive your package via email?

If you don't mind sharing, when did you interview? Congratulations!!

I got a follow-up email with more info and my official letter the same day. I got an actual package in the mail a couple weeks later. Congrats!!!!

If you don't mind sharing, when did you interview? Congratulations!!

10-28-16, honestly i'm hoping my acceptance isn't a mistake. My interview was horrible in my opinion, and I just finally got my response.

Also LizzyM was 69-70 was complete 9-29-16. Good EC's and disadvantaged status. I applied extremely late in the cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
I got a follow-up email with more info and my official letter the same day. I got an actual package in the mail a couple weeks later. Congrats!!!!

Thanks!!!! Its only been 1.5 hours since i got my acceptance status email, so I guess I'm just worrying lol.

Thanks!!!! Its only been 1.5 hours since i got my acceptance status email, so I guess I'm just worrying lol.

First of all, I'm sure it wasn't a mistake. You should be proud of yourself, this is super exciting!!! And yeah don't worry, more info comes later in the day I think! They send it via an encryption service.

Has anyone who interviewed after 11/15 heard back yet? :)

Procrastinating on work, and it looks like acceptances/waitlists come out usually every Tuesday or Wednesday. My assumption is the committee meets every Monday!

Interviewing here in a couple of days!! First MD Interview ever!! Any last minute tips/advice?? :nailbiting:

Reactions: 5 users
Interviewing here in a couple of days!! First MD Interview ever!! Any last minute tips/advice?? :nailbiting:

Some of the students you have lunch with are also interviewers. Besides that the interview is pretty relaxed. Good luck!

For the interviews, have specific questions for both the student and the faculty that show that you are specifically interested in this school.

Try to also explain how you would both benefit from and enhance some aspect of the school, whether that is the track programs or the some other extracurricular program.

Above all, be friendly to the other interviewees, students, and staff. You are your own biggest competitor and the difference between being your best and worst social self makes a difference.

Thanks everyone!!

For the interviews, have specific questions for both the student and the faculty that show that you are specifically interested in this school.

Try to also explain how you would both benefit from and enhance some aspect of the school, whether that is the track programs or the some other extracurricular program.

Above all, be friendly to the other interviewees, students, and staff. You are your own biggest competitor and the difference between being your best and worst social self makes a difference.

I know what I'm asking the student interviewer but what type of qs should I ask the faculty? About their practice/research/etc?

when is your interview day!? best of luck!!

Thankss! On 27th

I know what I'm asking the student interviewer but what type of qs should I ask the faculty? About their practice/research/etc?

I asked my faculty interviewer what brought him to medicine - we have very different interests, so it was interesting hearing his side of things!

I was complete mid-July, went from reviewing to on hold for re-review shortly thereafter (not sure exactly how long it took), sent an update a little over a month ago, and have not seen any change in my status. Is anyone else in this situation? Has anyone made the forbidden pre-II call to admissions?

I was complete mid-July, went from reviewing to on hold for re-review shortly thereafter (not sure exactly how long it took), sent an update a little over a month ago, and have not seen any change in my status. Is anyone else in this situation? Has anyone made the forbidden pre-II call to admissions?

Meeeee

I had a very pleasant experience with my faculty interviewer and he ended up saying I did a great job, but my interview with the student interviewer went awful. Does anyone know how much emphasis GWU Adcom put on faculty vs student interviewer's comments?

How long after confirming your acceptance did it take to receive the package in the mail?

I had a very pleasant experience with my faculty interviewer and he ended up saying I did a great job, but my interview with the student interviewer went awful. Does anyone know how much emphasis GWU Adcom put on faculty vs student interviewer's comments?

I dont know how much weight they place on the interviews tbh. I had an absolutely terrible interview performance with my faculty, and a mediocre interview with my student interviewer.

It still resulted in an acceptance.

My Faculty interviewer wrote down everything I was saying very carefully, but my student interviewer seemed very uninterested and did not write down anything. Anybody else having the same experience?

My Faculty interviewer wrote down everything I was saying very carefully, but my student interviewer seemed very uninterested and did not write down anything. Anybody else having the same experience?

Total opposite for me. Student wrote down everything and faculty didn't write at all.

Literally same

Define "terrible"?

As in it was my worst interview performance by far. I left there 100% expecting a rejection, not even a waitlist. My answers were not concise, and I left a bad impression in my opinion.

Lizzy M 69-70, ORM (asian). Pretty good EC's. Average-bad LOR's