You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 George Washington University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What food do they serve on interview day?
Bagged lunches with a sandwich (deli meat of sorts or mixed veggies), apple, potato chips, and a daaaank sugar cookieWhat food do they serve on interview day?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Holy Cow! That is quite a wait! Thank you for your response
Looks like the turn around this year is holding at 8-10 weeks according to previous responses though!
Intervied on 10/28/16, still no reply. Anyone else heard back from that date?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I interviewed that week and heard back a couple weeks ago. But their review system seems to be all over the place, so I wouldn't worry! I'm sure you'll hear back soon.Intervied on 10/28/16, still no reply. Anyone else heard back from that date?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Accepted today!! Interviewed early November.
Accepted today!! Interviewed early November.
Accepted today interviewed 11/15. Good luck guys!
Accepted via email today. Interviewed 11/10.
Congrats y'all, did you all send updates or LOIs post interview?
Thanks! No, I never sent anything post interview.Congrats y'all, did you all send updates or LOIs post interview?
But I'm sure sending thank you notes, LOI, etc won't hurt your chances. It could only help.
Thank you! I didn't send anything either except for thank you notes about a week after interviewing.Congrats y'all, did you all send updates or LOIs post interview?
Has anyone gotten in here without sending thank you notes??
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Intervied on 10/28/16, still no reply. Anyone else heard back from that date?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Maybe send an update (new grades or anything)? I sent an update and got accepted the next day.
Congrats y'all, did you all send updates or LOIs post interview?
I sent an update post interview.
I've only seen them switch to "under review" again when they're about to give out an III sent an update last week but my status is still on hold. how long does it take them to re-review the app?
I've sent an update this past week (post-interview) and thank you notes a couple days after my interview
If we add another LOR, can we go over the max? Or only send a new LOR if you're under the max?
I got an email telling me that I was accepted and would receive the full acceptance package shortly. How long after did you guys receive your package via email?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I got an email telling me that I was accepted and would receive the full acceptance package shortly. How long after did you guys receive your package via email?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
If you don't mind sharing, when did you interview? Congratulations!!
I got an email telling me that I was accepted and would receive the full acceptance package shortly. How long after did you guys receive your package via email?
I got a follow-up email with more info and my official letter the same day. I got an actual package in the mail a couple weeks later. Congrats!!!!
If you don't mind sharing, when did you interview? Congratulations!!
10-28-16, honestly i'm hoping my acceptance isn't a mistake. My interview was horrible in my opinion, and I just finally got my response.
Also LizzyM was 69-70 was complete 9-29-16. Good EC's and disadvantaged status. I applied extremely late in the cycle.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I got a follow-up email with more info and my official letter the same day. I got an actual package in the mail a couple weeks later. Congrats!!!!
Thanks!!!! Its only been 1.5 hours since i got my acceptance status email, so I guess I'm just worrying lol.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
First of all, I'm sure it wasn't a mistake. You should be proud of yourself, this is super exciting!!! And yeah don't worry, more info comes later in the day I think! They send it via an encryption service.Thanks!!!! Its only been 1.5 hours since i got my acceptance status email, so I guess I'm just worrying lol.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Procrastinating on work, and it looks like acceptances/waitlists come out usually every Tuesday or Wednesday. My assumption is the committee meets every Monday!
Interviewing here in a couple of days!! First MD Interview ever!! Any last minute tips/advice??![]()
Some of the students you have lunch with are also interviewers. Besides that the interview is pretty relaxed. Good luck!
For the interviews, have specific questions for both the student and the faculty that show that you are specifically interested in this school.
Try to also explain how you would both benefit from and enhance some aspect of the school, whether that is the track programs or the some other extracurricular program.
Above all, be friendly to the other interviewees, students, and staff. You are your own biggest competitor and the difference between being your best and worst social self makes a difference.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Try to also explain how you would both benefit from and enhance some aspect of the school, whether that is the track programs or the some other extracurricular program.
Above all, be friendly to the other interviewees, students, and staff. You are your own biggest competitor and the difference between being your best and worst social self makes a difference.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
when is your interview day!? best of luck!!Interviewing here in a couple of days!! First MD Interview ever!! Any last minute tips/advice??![]()
Thanks everyone!!
I know what I'm asking the student interviewer but what type of qs should I ask the faculty? About their practice/research/etc?
Thankss! On 27th
For the interviews, have specific questions for both the student and the faculty that show that you are specifically interested in this school.
Try to also explain how you would both benefit from and enhance some aspect of the school, whether that is the track programs or the some other extracurricular program.
Above all, be friendly to the other interviewees, students, and staff. You are your own biggest competitor and the difference between being your best and worst social self makes a difference.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I know what I'm asking the student interviewer but what type of qs should I ask the faculty? About their practice/research/etc?
when is your interview day!? best of luck!!
Thankss! On 27th
I know what I'm asking the student interviewer but what type of qs should I ask the faculty? About their practice/research/etc?
I asked my faculty interviewer what brought him to medicine - we have very different interests, so it was interesting hearing his side of things!
I was complete mid-July, went from reviewing to on hold for re-review shortly thereafter (not sure exactly how long it took), sent an update a little over a month ago, and have not seen any change in my status. Is anyone else in this situation? Has anyone made the forbidden pre-II call to admissions?
I was complete mid-July, went from reviewing to on hold for re-review shortly thereafter (not sure exactly how long it took), sent an update a little over a month ago, and have not seen any change in my status. Is anyone else in this situation? Has anyone made the forbidden pre-II call to admissions?
Meeeee
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Assuming that you mean you're in a similar situation, not that you've called admissions?
Assuming that you mean you're in a similar situation, not that you've called admissions?
Same exact situation
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I had a very pleasant experience with my faculty interviewer and he ended up saying I did a great job, but my interview with the student interviewer went awful. Does anyone know how much emphasis GWU Adcom put on faculty vs student interviewer's comments?
How long after confirming your acceptance did it take to receive the package in the mail?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I had a very pleasant experience with my faculty interviewer and he ended up saying I did a great job, but my interview with the student interviewer went awful. Does anyone know how much emphasis GWU Adcom put on faculty vs student interviewer's comments?
I dont know how much weight they place on the interviews tbh. I had an absolutely terrible interview performance with my faculty, and a mediocre interview with my student interviewer.
It still resulted in an acceptance.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My Faculty interviewer wrote down everything I was saying very carefully, but my student interviewer seemed very uninterested and did not write down anything. Anybody else having the same experience?
My Faculty interviewer wrote down everything I was saying very carefully, but my student interviewer seemed very uninterested and did not write down anything. Anybody else having the same experience?
Total opposite for me. Student wrote down everything and faculty didn't write at all.
Literally sameMy Faculty interviewer wrote down everything I was saying very carefully, but my student interviewer seemed very uninterested and did not write down anything. Anybody else having the same experience?
As in it was my worst interview performance by far. I left there 100% expecting a rejection, not even a waitlist. My answers were not concise, and I left a bad impression in my opinion.
Lizzy M 69-70, ORM (asian). Pretty good EC's. Average-bad LOR's
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
