2016-2017 Indiana University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I find it hard to believe they will reject anyone IS with a LizzyM above the median
I'm IS and have a LizzyM of 69. Maybe my interview went differently than I thought :(

Members don't see this ad.

I'm IS and have a LizzyM of 69. Maybe my interview went differently than I thought :(
Don't stress about the interview - I've heard from many people the interview at IU is not a huge component, and you would know if you bombed it. IS with that score you really should be fine - I will be really surprised if you don't hear something soon. I also know lots of people get in after April. I heard of one person who got a call to go to Evansville a week before classes started. Does anyone know what happens if you get in off the alternate or wait list in terms of campus placement?

Reactions: 1 user
Don't stress about the interview - I've heard from many people the interview at IU is not a huge component, and you would know if you bombed it. IS with that score you really should be fine - I will be really surprised if you don't hear something soon. I also know lots of people get in after April. I heard of one person who got a call to go to Evansville a week before classes started. Does anyone know what happens if you get in off the alternate or wait list in terms of campus placement?
Thank you. You're so nice! :) And hopefully we would still have some choice because I could live at home if I went to the NW or South Bend campus

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha is anyone else dying of anxiousness? I haven't been accepted anywhere yet and have no idea of what I'm gonna do if I have to take a gap year.
It is definitely not the end of the world...coming from someone that took a gap year

To those who have been accepted, have you received the second look invitation? The email sounds like they only send it to some people, "Due to limited seating and space constraints the program is only open to a students who receive an invitation".

To those who have been accepted, have you received the second look invitation? The email sounds like they only send it to some people, "Due to limited seating and space constraints the program is only open to a students who receive an invitation".

Students: Aka, leave mommy and daddy (and grams and gramps) at home. Do you remember them not even feeding you during your interview day? They just don't wanna spend their money on that kinda stuff I'm assuming. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

From what I understand, you are accepted off of the waitlist at a certain campus because someone dropped out at that particular campus.

From what I understand, you are accepted off of the waitlist at a certain campus because someone dropped out at that particular campus.
That makes sense for the random spots that could open up over the summer - what about the big wave of admits late spring as people with multiple acceptances choose another school - admittedly this is wishful thinking....

Has this method always been reliable? I just don't want to check this, see that it says accepted, then later find out this wasn't true. Can anyone who found out their acceptance by checking at one.iu.edu confirm that they also got accepted via mail?

thank you! I realized that what I dont know is my NetworkID so im gonna have to call them to figure that one out.

sorry wrong post!

Since it is after 3/15, if we haven't heard anything at all yet does that mean waitlisted? Will we get notified we are on the waitlist?

I received an invitation but my friend who was accepted to IU as well did not receive the invitation... seems a little unfair what they are doing.

Edit: LOL I just tried to RSVP to the second look day and it's full. I got put on a waitlist.

Last edited:
Since it is after 3/15, if we haven't heard anything at all yet does that mean waitlisted? Will we get notified we are on the waitlist?

I think that's how things normally go, but someone suggested earlier in the thread that they might be meeting multiple times this month to get through all of the apps. They sent out a few acceptances on March 9th, which they don't normally do.

Edit: Just re-read your question. Unfortunately you also might get flat-out rejected in May. That's happened to me twice.

If anyone gets good news this week, please let us know!

I think that's how things normally go, but someone suggested earlier in the thread that they might be meeting multiple times this month to get through all of the apps. They sent out a few acceptances on March 9th, which they don't normally do.

Edit: Just re-read your question. Unfortunately you also might get flat-out rejected in May. That's happened to me twice.

If anyone gets good news this week, please let us know!
Twice? Gosh that sounds terrible. I've just been waiting this year and want to rip my hair out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's what I did. Hope it works for you:

1. Go to https://caits.iu.edu/ApplicantPortal/Account/CASLogin, type in your login info (left hand side) from the guest account you created when initially filling out the Graduate Online Application (amcas#/DOB loggin stuff may work too).

2. When I typed in one.iu.edu on another browser tab, I was already automatically logged in from step 1.

3. Looked up my university ID and then created my first IU account.

Good luck to you all! Wishing the best :highfive:

Hi, were you able to create an email/2 step login when you created your first IU account?

Hi, were you able to create an email/2 step login when you created your first IU account?

No I was only able to select a network ID. I dont have access to the UMail App because I do not have a final decision yet :xf:

So, IUSM really is on Spring break from March 13-17. I wonder if the adcom will meet again next week or if the March 9th round was it for the month.

So, IUSM really is on Spring break from March 13-17. I wonder if the adcom will meet again next week or if the March 9th round was it for the month.

And this is why one of us will bravely call on Monday and ask what's up lol

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone
Would the adcom staff all be on break too? I would think someone has to be there - it is Match Day

Would the adcom staff all be on break too? I would think someone has to be there - it is Match Day
Good point. But I have to think that the adcom is on break too, because no one has been reported an acceptance this week, which would be pretty unusual.

My letter came to my permanent address today. I live in Indianapolis (about 6 miles from the Indy campus).

Reactions: 2 users
Does any one know where I can find the match list? I've been looking but to no avail.

My letter came to my permanent address today. I live in Indianapolis (about 6 miles from the Indy campus).
The guy I know who saw the portal message in the iu.edu portal got his letter today - also lives close to the school. My mailbox is a horribly cold evil place.

Reactions: 1 users
Received my letter today! :biglove:I live about 20 miles away from Indianapolis.

Nothing for me. IS with a Lizzy M of 69 and interviewed way back in September.

How far are you from Indianapolis? in other months lots of people got their letters a day or two later
About 3 hours but I also see nothing on the IU student portal which has been updating pretty fast.

I just got my acceptance letter. I live 50 miles from Indy.

What does "IS" stand for?

If you guys had to rank the regional campuses, what would your listing be?

I'm currently thinking:

Indianapolis
South Bend
West Lafayette
Bloomington

with the other campuses somewhere after these.

When were your interview dates, roughly, for those who got acceptance packages over the last few days?

When were your interview dates, roughly, for those who got acceptance packages over the last few days?

And interview locations please :) I interviewed at Muncie and I'm wondering if that has an impact too.

And interview locations please :) I interviewed at Muncie and I'm wondering if that has an impact too.

Yeah I second that. I feel like those who interview at Indianapolis hear way later :(

Also, do we know for sure that only waitlists and rejections are sent from this point on?

Will the school be posting the full 2017 match list anytime soon?

Reactions: 2 users
Also, do we know for sure that only waitlists and rejections are sent from this point on?
I think that's the official position, but I remember once looking through the SDN threads from past years and seeing acceptances in April. I think anything after March is on an as-needed basis.

So if everyone could withdrawal that would be great :)

Reactions: 1 users
This isn't the full list though. Not by a lot. The class of 2017 has 350+ students graduating. And from my understanding, the map is based on individual student entry online rather than a complete list published by the school

Yea... I realized but it is better than nothing. Since I can't find any published complete lists anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone
Any volunteers? :) If not I will try to find time between meetings today. For context, this is regarding whether or not the committee will be meeting again this month, or if the March 9th round of acceptances was the last for a while.

I called.

"We don't discuss when the admissions committee meets."

Reactions: 4 users