2016-2017 Meharry Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II email received today. I submitted mid October. However, do not be discouraged folks. It is my first time applying and I am realizing that it really does not matter when you really applied as long as you don't apply super late in the process. If the school likes you, they will come for you eventually. I stopped focusing on the med school process and started focusing on what I can control: killing grades, working out, being involved in the community, and vacations etc. Try not to get to involved on the SDN life too much because people will definitely make you feel like your chances are declining by the day. #HoldTight

Reactions: 16 users
II email received today. I submitted mid October. However, do not be discouraged folks. It is my first time applying and I am realizing that it really does not matter when you really applied as long as you don't apply super late in the process. If the school likes you, they will come for you eventually. I stopped focusing on the med school process and started focusing on what I can control: killing grades, working out, being involved in the community, and vacations etc. Try not to get to involved on the SDN life too much because people will definitely make you feel like your chances are declining by the day. #HoldTight
You submitted your AMCAS app or your secondary in mid October?

Members don't see this ad :)
II today! I was so sure I was going to get passed over. Submitted 08/09, URM, LM ~69.

I have an interview on Jan 23rd.

I was reading over my app and noticed that my "Resilience" essay was not on the HTML record provided by the website... does anyone know anything about why this might be? Or has anyone else had this problem on their app?

Last edited:
I have an interview on Jan 23rd.

I was reading over my app and noticed that my "Resilience" essay was not on the HTML record provided by the website... does anyone know anything about why this might be? Or has anyone else had this problem?

I had it happen with another school once. I definitely entered it, but I am assuming it didn't save correctly and I wasn't careful enough double checking everything before submitting.

I had it happen with another school once. I definitely entered it, but I am assuming it didn't save correctly and I wasn't careful enough double checking everything before submitting.
but I assume I wouldn't have gotten an interview with it missing... weird. I may call and ask about it tomorrow.

but I assume I wouldn't have gotten an interview with it missing... weird. I may call and ask about it tomorrow.

I had the same problem, and I already interviewed. I think it's a mistake from the system itself. The only one question we were asked to answer, as I can remember, was "why Meharry?" So I don't think you should be worried.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had the same problem, and I already interviewed. I think it's a mistake from the system itself. The only one question we were asked to answer, as I can remember, was "why Meharry?" So I don't think you should be worried.

I only remember one question, too. I saw the resilience question only when I checked my application after receiving an II, and I proofread my app so many times I don't see how I could have missed an entire essay...

Reactions: 1 user
When does Meharry usually start interviewing for only waitlisted spots?? I know it happens when the class gets filled, but does anyone know when that usually happens?

I only remember one question, too. I saw the resilience question only when I checked my application after receiving an II, and I proofread my app so many times I don't see how I could have missed an entire essay...
Awesome! thanks!

sorry guys, new to the site and just getting acclimated with the lingo.

is anyone still waiting on secondaries?

Accepted about an hour ago!!! Interviewed 12/12!!! First acceptance!!!

Reactions: 14 users
Accepted!!!!! Still cannot believe it. Interviewed on 12/5.

Reactions: 13 users
Hi Team,
I've been complete since Aug 3rd. No news other than an update on Oct 21st stating:
"Please be advised that your file is currently under review. Due to the unusually large volume of applications that we are receiving for the 2017 Admissions cycle, there has been a delay in the processing."

Any one else in my boat? Should I contact Meharry for an update?

Hi Team,
I've been complete since Aug 3rd. No news other than an update on Oct 21st stating:
"Please be advised that your file is currently under review. Due to the unusually large volume of applications that we are receiving for the 2017 Admissions cycle, there has been a delay in the processing."

I would

Hi Team,

I'm in the same boat, not sure if an update would help or not. The wait is brutal!

Does anyone know anything about the maps program? Is it for selected students or do people apply?

does anyone know how this school views sending letters of interest if youve been waitlisted?

I'm was just about to ask the same question. I completed my app late august and received the under review e-mail late october.
I think they do Presecondary rejections already

Withdrew my II, hope it goes to one of you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users

I submitted my secondary around late December, and when I opened the app I got a notification saying "the application has been updated since your last login" (which was like in November or something lol). So that could be why you didn't see the question! Because the first time I opened the secondary I didn't have a resilience essay, but when I opened it again in December it was there smh.

Got a scholarship offer with my acceptance. Although I liked the school and my interview experience, I will most likely be withdrawing my acceptance for another school. Good luck to everyone interviewing / waiting!

can you share the merit of this scholarship?

any body receive interviews yet for after christmas

When I was there Monday, they told me it was still early in their cycle, but i'm not sure until when they will be interviewing. Hang in there!

When I was there Monday, they told me it was still early in their cycle, but i'm not sure until when they will be interviewing. Hang in there!

That's good to know! I'm just ready to get an II or rejected already. The last school in TN I am waiting to hear from. Haha

***No news is good news... no news is good news... no news is good news... no news is good news...***

Reactions: 4 users
I think I puke a little bit of blood every time I come to SDN

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 7 users
Sorry if anyone has already asked this, but does anyone know what month or date that II end? Thanks in advance for your response.