You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Meharry Medical College Application Thread
Started by freak7
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes.Did you get one today?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When were you complete?II!!
Received on-line form complete email 10.25When were you complete?
App status email 12.2
Stats?Received on-line form complete email 10.25
App status email 12.2
Stats?
Will PM you. Anyone else can too
Got my II today!
when were you guys complete?!
I know you are asking ppl with II's but i was complete 11/15 and silence since
when were you guys complete?!
I was complete 9/29 and under review 10/21.
II today!
Stats?II today!
Did anything change in your portal? or did you just receive an email? and congrats!II today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still no II, complete 9/9, under review 10/21. I thought I was well matched for this school, from stats through mission, so this has been disappointing.
Still no II, complete 9/9, under review 10/21. I thought I was well matched for this school, from stats through mission, so this has been disappointing.
Same. They interview through March and there is still time!
I got an email.Did anything change in your portal? or did you just receive an email? and congrats!
PM me but it's nothing spectacularStats?
Congrats!! Their turn around is fantastic!
What hotels did y'all stay in for the interview? Any suggestions?
Congrats! Can you share your stats?
Deleted
Last edited:
PM me for details. URM, non trad 6 years out, lots of community service and I've been working full time in clinical research for 6 years.
I did everything that sdn says not to do, I applied late and held on to secondaries forever but I think my experiences and goals fit well with their mission and thankfully they saw that too!
If you're still waiting, don't lose hope. A month ago I didn't even have an II and was prepping to retake the MCAT and re-apply and now I have an acceptance and 4 other IIs.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I did everything that sdn says not to do, I applied late and held on to secondaries forever but I think my experiences and goals fit well with their mission and thankfully they saw that too!
If you're still waiting, don't lose hope. A month ago I didn't even have an II and was prepping to retake the MCAT and re-apply and now I have an acceptance and 4 other IIs.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited:
Just got accepted yesterday. Interviewed on Monday!!
Still hoping for an II here! Good luck everyone else with me!
Anyone know if they are still giving out II? Silence since August. Kinda worried
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Anyone know if they are still giving out II? Silence since August. Kinda worried
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
+1
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When do they send out interviews till?
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Has anyone been specifically "top 10% waitlisted" yet? I was ordinarily waitlisted in early early November and am curious if there are two different wait list despite what Mr.Cane told me at the interview that there was only 1 list. I know last cycle there were definately two list but since I waitlisted so early in the cycle idk.
Interview coming up soon. How was the interview day setup here? Is there one or two interviews?
You can message me! My interview was a few weeks ago and I got accepted if you want advice!Interview coming up soon. How was the interview day setup here? Is there one or two interviews?
For those of you with multiple acceptances( including Meharry), I'm curious to know where Meharry ranks for you
Surprisingly it ranks high with some of my "higher ranked" medical schools. Only cuz their match for residency are insanity, especially if you are the top of the class and preform well on steps. Your looking at some of the biggest names in medicine for residency. Its expensive tho so thats something that I have to consider.For those of you with multiple acceptances( including Meharry), I'm curious to know where Meharry ranks for you
Pretty standard, I dont like that they haven't moved to organ systems, and all anatomy is done at once. It just makes more sense to me and so many medical schools moved to it. I also wish we would have exposure to standardized patients from first year since thats also something i liked at other schools.
I know the networking and potential connections made will be more than beneficial but I'm worried about whether or not their curriculum style will be a good fit for me
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
for those of you who got an II, when were you complete?
Any acceptance news today?
I've been checking like a mad ladyAny acceptance news today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha, glad I'm not the only one.I've been checking like a mad lady
Haha, glad I'm not the only one.
Are we the unlucky 5% or did they forget it's Friday
I am giving up my acceptance hope it goes to someone on the waitlist
Hey guys,
For those accepted, has anyone been awarded any scholarships? How often are need-based or merit scholarships awarded to incoming first year students at Meharry College of Medicine?
For those accepted, has anyone been awarded any scholarships? How often are need-based or merit scholarships awarded to incoming first year students at Meharry College of Medicine?
.
Last edited: