2016-2017 Meharry Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted on Friday afternoon as well!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on the Acceptances !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to everyone who was accepted or received II's!!!

This may be a dumb question but did anyone call to check on their application status before getting an II?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who was accepted or received II's!!!

This may be a dumb question but did anyone call to check on their application status before getting an II?
I did call them since it's been weeks after I submitted everything and haven't received the "complete" email. From my experience,they are not receptive to phone calls and they said that they don't discuss the application status via phone call. You may try, perhaps you'll get a helpful person on the phone.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on all the acceptances!

I was complete on October 25, 2016
My stats are GPA: 3.67 and MCAT: 502
URM, Canadian Applicant

I'm just waiting and wondering if anyone got interview invites with similar stats to mine!

How long did it take to go from the email stating "your file is currently under review" to an II? I received that email on 10/21, so I know it's probably too soon to expect anything, but just wondering for those of you accepted and with II's how long it took.

Anyone else out there completed towards the end of August, and got the recent updated email about "being under review........" towards the end of October and still waiting to hear something???????

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else out there completed towards the end of August, and got the recent updated email about "being under review........" towards the end of October and still waiting to hear something???????
+1

Reactions: 1 user
To anyone accepted and paid the $300 deposit, have y'all gotten any confirmation of it being received?

Hi, congrats to those who got an II/acceptance!

I just got an Interview for Mon Nov 21st!

Can you please give some more tips/advice on Interviewing?!

Thanks!

To anyone accepted and paid the $300 deposit, have y'all gotten any confirmation of it being received?
I'm sending mine out tomorrow. It says 10 "Business Days", so we have until 11/18 to receive the confirmation email

whe
Hi, congrats to those who got an II/acceptance!

I just got an Interview for Mon Nov 21st!

Can you please give some more tips/advice on Interviewing?!

Thanks!
When were you complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you suppose to receive a confirmation email after you submit your secondary??? I still haven't received my complete email. I submitted mine 10/14 and then it switched to "SENT" on 10/25...

Are you suppose to receive a confirmation email after you submit your secondary??? I still haven't received my complete email. I submitted mine 10/14 and then it switched to "SENT" on 10/25...
Apparently, we are supposed to get a complete email. And it is supposed to change to "CONFIRMED" on the portal. I'm in the same boat, haven't heard anything since 10/25.

Apparently, we are supposed to get a complete email. And it is supposed to change to "CONFIRMED" on the portal. I'm in the same boat, haven't heard anything since 10/25.
How do you access the portal?

You should have gotten an email about a way to check the status of your app

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Was accepted on nov. 4. Will most likely be withdrawing my seat (post-deposit) since I've been accepted into a state school. Kinda sad cause I really liked my interview day and the school. Good luck to everyone!

Anyone accepted from the October 17th early morning interview?

I did call them since it's been weeks after I submitted everything and haven't received the "complete" email. From my experience,they are not receptive to phone calls and they said that they don't discuss the application status via phone call. You may try, perhaps you'll get a helpful person on the phone.
Thank you, I think I'll try to call them

Been complete since 8/8, received the file is under consideration email 10/25 ...

I think I (and everyone in a similar situation) deserve an II from at least one medical school considering how patient I have been with all of them (was complete mid-July-early August for all schools)

Reactions: 5 users
This wait has been brutal...this is one of my top choice schools and I've been complete since 10/25...I hope I get a II soon. :( I see other people on this thread from 10/25 are still waiting to hear back...

Do you think that they overlook the applications for interviews if you're not competitive enough in the current batch?

This is really taking a toll. :(

Got my confirmation email about the deposit on Monday as well

Anyone know how we find out if we're being considered for the Special Masters Program.

Is there a separate thread or fb group for those accepted?

Does anyone know where to find Meharry's match list information?

Anyone know how we find out if we're being considered for the Special Masters Program.

Last cycle they told me in the rejection email that I was being considered for the MHS program. The email came between March-April.

Last cycle they told me in the rejection email that I was being considered for the MHS program. The email came between March-April.
Do you know what the typical stats are for individuals that are considered? Also, did you get into the program?

Do you know what the typical stats are for individuals that are considered? Also, did you get into the program?

So the program is for people who have potential but need to either work on their MCAT or GPA. On interview day you have 1 interview and then a tour of the school. They also said they save a certain number of seats in the following MD class for MHS students. If you are accepted into MHS you don't have to interview for the MD program, you just need a certain gpa and MCAT. The program provides a MCAT prep course as well. The interview was not bad at all. I was so grateful to be considered but placed on the waitlist last year with MCAT 491 and undergrad gpa 3.5 and grad gpa 3.7. My friend interviewed the same day as me and he was accepted with undergrad gpa 3.6 and MCAT I think was 492.

So the program is for people who have potential but need to either work on their MCAT or GPA. On interview day you have 1 interview and then a tour of the school. They also said they save a certain number of seats in the following MD class for MHS students. If you are accepted into MHS you don't have to interview for the MD program, you just need a certain gpa and MCAT. The program provides a MCAT prep course as well. The interview was not bad at all. I was so grateful to be considered but placed on the waitlist last year with MCAT 491 and undergrad gpa 3.5 and grad gpa 3.7. My friend interviewed the same day as me and he was accepted with undergrad gpa 3.6 and MCAT I think was 492.

He was accepted to mhs or the md program?

II today! Complete early August!

Just got an II!!! Complete early Sept.

Thanks for the reply.

Congrats on all the acceptances!

I was complete on October 25, 2016
My stats are GPA: 3.67 and MCAT: 502
URM, Canadian Applicant

I'm just waiting and wondering if anyone got interview invites with similar stats to mine!

I received an email on 10/24 that my file was under review. I've been waiting for an II since then. I'm a fellow Canadian too.

Was your friend accepted into the MHS program or the medical class?

does anyone know anything about waitlist movement for this school in previous years?

II!

Does anyone know how soon they get back to you with another day, or better if another day is a week or month after the original?