You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Meharry Medical College Application Thread
Started by freak7
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm assuming all of their interview invites have been given out already. Look through old meharry threads if you want a better idea.Anyone know when they interview till?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if Meharry provides stethoscopes for its medical students? If it doesn't, which one is recommended for medical students?
Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can find the match results for Meharry this year and previous years? (There's YouTube videos of their match day, but I want the actual match list, thanks)
I just got invited for an interview four minutes ago, for people who are still hoping to get one lol. I don't think i'll be taking it though.
Anybody want to give some insight on the school? Had my mind set on Tulane but i'm not sure now.
Complete date? Stats? IS/OOS?II! Keep the faith alive![]()
It's 84k a year I'll just throw that out thereAnybody want to give some insight on the school? Had my mind set on Tulane but i'm not sure now.
Just got an interview invite today via email. A little confused though, because there seems to be a mix up with the date.
Just got an interview invite today via email. A little confused though, because there seems to be a mix up with the date.
Noticed the same thing. I plan to call to confirm the date tomorrow 2pm CST
any one got accepted from March 20 interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an interview scheduled for April 10th. Should I even worry about attending since everyone is getting waitlisted? And what are some typical questions they may ask?
C
cellsaver
Got wait listed today from Monday interview. I Though I did well in the interview. smh.
I hope you hear good news soon. You feel you did well on the interview.
What feedback did they give you to make you think you did well? (e.g. bodily posture, facial expressions, verbiage)
How did you practice for the interview?
Yep!In order to withdraw from the class do I just email admissions telling them just that?
Well, I had a great conversation with both my interviewes. I was able to answer all their questions smoothly. We just clicked right away and I found my self having passionate conversation about my background and medicine. Try not to be nervous.I hope you hear good news soon. You feel you did well on the interview.
What feedback did they give you to make you think you did well? (e.g. bodily posture, facial expressions, verbiage)
How did you practice for the interview?
One of the my interviewers told me straight to my face that he liked me and he will strongly recommend me to the committee.
YIKESMandatory attendance
Does anyone know until when interviews are held? Is April 15 the last interview date? Complete since October with silence.
Same here. I hope we hear something soon
Finally heard back with a rejection. Had silence since September, why did they feel the need to drag it out for 7 months? Oh well, still have other MD acceptances to fall back on. Good luck to everyone else still in silence!
Oh wow, I'm still waiting but I guess I'll get the rejection soon!
Last interviews will be next week. Around 7000 applicants, only 200 got interviews. Accepts 105. If you are on waitlist, the said don't worry at all. Huge turnover rate for the waitlists. Extremely laid back faculty and day. Nothing to worry about
Rejected today
+1Rejected today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected today
+1
stats? OOS/IS?Rejected today
Rejected pre-II 4/13
Stats?Rejected pre-II 4/13
+1 Good luck to the rest of you!Rejected today
Is there anyone that has neither received an interview or rejection email?
Me!Is there anyone that has neither received an interview or rejection email?
I don't know if that's a good thing or if they forgot our rejection email..lol
When did you interview?Rejected today
Can anyone provide any advice? I really appreciate any advice/perspectives on this
I have a lizzy M of 63.6, MCAT of 497, GPA 3.96, oos. and an immediate family member that previously attended/graduated from meharry. I sent back a secondary in January, and since then I've heard nothing, no emails from meharry or anything. I called them last week and they said they can't give out anything over the phone about my status, but that they already had their last set of interviews, and that they were sending out decisions last week, but I still did not receive any communication from them. Do I call them back? Or just wait?
I have a lizzy M of 63.6, MCAT of 497, GPA 3.96, oos. and an immediate family member that previously attended/graduated from meharry. I sent back a secondary in January, and since then I've heard nothing, no emails from meharry or anything. I called them last week and they said they can't give out anything over the phone about my status, but that they already had their last set of interviews, and that they were sending out decisions last week, but I still did not receive any communication from them. Do I call them back? Or just wait?
Can anyone provide any advice? I really appreciate any advice/perspectives on this
I have a lizzy M of 63.6, MCAT of 497, GPA 3.96, oos. and an immediate family member that previously attended/graduated from meharry. I sent back a secondary in January, and since then I've heard nothing, no emails from meharry or anything. I called them last week and they said they can't give out anything over the phone about my status, but that they already had their last set of interviews, and that they were sending out decisions last week, but I still did not receive any communication from them. Do I call them back? Or just wait?
I'm sorry my friend, but it seems like you've been rejected. I'm in the same situation, no II but no rejection either. If they have for sure completed their interviews, then it seems we are done for Meharry this cycle
So does anybody know about the housing in Dorothy Brown hall??
Did you attend the interview?Anybody want to give some insight on the school? Had my mind set on Tulane but i'm not sure now.
Did you attend the interview?
Yeah.. they didn't talk much about housing .
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you heard back yet?Yeah.. they didn't talk much about housing .
I was waitlisted. Anybody know anything about waitlist movement?
In previous years people started coming off the waitlist around April 28th which is literally this week. So hopefully movement starts this week.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking- I believe that the deadline for people with multiple acceptances to choose a school is May 1. I suspect in the days leading to May 1 and the days after, we'll see waitlist movement.
Praying for some waitlist movement...it's nerve racking because I have heard some years there is so much....and then some like last year(?) there is barely any.In previous years people started coming off the waitlist around April 28th which is literally this week. So hopefully movement starts this week.
