You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Meharry Medical College Application Thread
Started by freak7
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
any recent II?
I received an II for 3/13
I received an II for 3/13
When were you complete? Stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When were you complete? Stats?
Application Completed 11/17
sub 3.0 ugpa
3.5 grad gpa
mcat 502
Ahh okay. IS? URM?Application Completed 11/17
sub 3.0 ugpa
3.5 grad gpa
mcat 502
Here's the link to the facebook group again for those recently accepted
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mmc2021/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mmc2021/
is anyone having trouble logging into their application?
Hey guys,
For those accepted, has anyone been awarded any scholarships? How often are need-based or merit scholarships awarded to incoming first year students at Meharry College of Medicine?
I was awarded one but I believe they do take in consideration need-based whether its merit or not, however mine was merit based but overall I believe the administration of scholarships is up to the admissions committee.
Anyone from the 2-27 group hear back yet..?
Anyone from the 2-27 group hear back yet..?
I haven't
Mine was like 550 wordsCongrats to those who have been accepted. I plan to begin pre-writing my secondaries next week and was wondering roughly how long people's answer was to the "Why Meharry" question?
so if we haven't gotten an II, is it safe to say we are rejected?
Just got an interview invite on March 20th. I interviewed in this school last year February. I got wait-listed lasted year. I did improve my mcat score. what you guys? is this a good sign? thanks.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an interview invite on March 20th. I interviewed in this school last year February. I got wait-listed lasted year. I did improve my mcat score. what you guys? is this a good sign? thanks.
When were you complete? IS/OOS? Stats?
Completed back in september. OOS. Mcat 498. science GPA 3.6, non science GPA 3.8When were you complete? IS/OOS? Stats?
Completed back in september. OOS. Mcat 498. science GPA 3.6, non science GPA 3.8
Congrats! Did you just get the II today?
Completed back in september. OOS. Mcat 498. science GPA 3.6, non science GPA 3.8[/QUOTE
I got accepted with 503, 3.4 gpa . Your gpa is a lot better than mine. Dont lose hope
did you apply this cycle?
Yes todayCongrats! Did you just get the II today?
Yes I did.did you apply this cycle?
Thanks.
lol my bad, that was for @Faithwins haha awk.Yes I did.
Is march 20th last interview date in this cycle?
Is march 20th last interview date in this cycle?
Last interview day is the 27th.
how did you get that info?Last interview day is the 27th.
how did you get that info?
A friend who is a current student.
Is it worth calling them? If it's been silent since September
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am wondering if March interviews are basically for wait list spots?
so, is it still possible to get an II?
Did letters for the last IIs go out? I submitted my secondary in August and still haven't heard anything back from them smh.
Has anyone called or been contacted by admissions about waitlist movement?
Waitlisted 11/7
Interview 10/31
Waitlisted 11/7
Interview 10/31
Any recent II?
Are they still sending out interview invites?
Hi Everyone,
My name is Rio and I'm a first year medical student here at Meharry. Congrats to all of you who were accepted! I have a summer internship at another medical school and am looking for someone to sublease my apartment this summer from June 1st to July 31st. I live a block from campus in a gated apartment community that is routinely patrolled by campus security. Apartment complex includes a gym and several study rooms as well as gated parking. Apartment comes fully furnished and with free wifi although you will be responsible for electric....which usually runs around 50 dollars a month. All other utilities are included. Rent is right around 1015.00. Female preferred. If you're interested please send me a message at [email protected]. Thanks!
My name is Rio and I'm a first year medical student here at Meharry. Congrats to all of you who were accepted! I have a summer internship at another medical school and am looking for someone to sublease my apartment this summer from June 1st to July 31st. I live a block from campus in a gated apartment community that is routinely patrolled by campus security. Apartment complex includes a gym and several study rooms as well as gated parking. Apartment comes fully furnished and with free wifi although you will be responsible for electric....which usually runs around 50 dollars a month. All other utilities are included. Rent is right around 1015.00. Female preferred. If you're interested please send me a message at [email protected]. Thanks!
I believe last interview of the cycle will be next week Monday.Are they still sending out interview invites?
I believe last interview of the cycle will be next week Monday.
Are you sure? Where did you get that information from? I heard last date might be next month.
I believe last interview of the cycle will be next week Monday.
You are correct. I got that info from a current student.
I believe last interview of the cycle will be next week Monday.
...I know someone who has an interview in April.
Withdrawing my application from here. Good luck to everyone else!
Last edited:
Waitlisted. I'll be withdrawing my app though. Good luck y'all!
More people withdraw please... The emoji didnt work now it makes me seem like a jerk haha
Sorry.
Sorry.
Got wait listed today from Monday interview. I Though I did well in the interview. smh.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any one got accepted from Monday Interview?
Any one got accepted from Monday Interview?
I think the class size is full TBH. After traffic day many will drop MMC acceptances to pursue other programs and allow people on the WL to move. Then through the summer others get off the WL at their preferred program and drop MMC. There's up to 70% WL movement so don't be discouraged!
Thanks. I hope so.I think the class size is full TBH. After traffic day many will drop MMC acceptances to pursue other programs and allow people on the WL to move. Then through the summer others get off the WL at their preferred program and drop MMC. There's up to 70% WL movement so don't be discouraged!
Are they doing top 10% WL this year?
Not sure. You'd be better off asking those in admissions tbh. Everything I said is speculation btw based off previous threads and word on the block from other MMC prospectsAre they doing top 10% WL this year?