2016-2017 Meharry Medical College Application Thread

Started by freak7
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the first page of the secondary application, when it asks whether the application is "New or Re-application to Medical School", do they mean in terms of Meharry Medical College Medical School in specific, or if I have applied to medical school previously in general? Just making sure, thank you to whoever replies to this!
 
For the first page of the secondary application, when it asks whether the application is "New or Re-application to Medical School", do they mean in terms of Meharry Medical College Medical School in specific, or if I have applied to medical school previously in general? Just making sure, thank you to whoever replies to this!

I answered as if the question was referring to meharry specifically.
 
For the first page of the secondary application, when it asks whether the application is "New or Re-application to Medical School", do they mean in terms of Meharry Medical College Medical School in specific, or if I have applied to medical school previously in general? Just making sure, thank you to whoever replies to this!
I called admissions with the same question a few weeks ago. They said to put that you're not a reapplicant
 
Hello,
Anyone interviewing at Meharry that needs an affordable place to stay during interview process, please PM me. Brand new apartment with pool/bar/game room and close to the downtown area and Meharry.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
called last friday and a woman told me they were going to be sending out medical IIs soon, and that they had already started sending out IIs for dental! keep the hope alive!
 
yeah looks like the first one was the user above! congrats @alearobinson! let us know how the interview experience is, hopefully we will all be joining you!
 
yeah looks like the first one was the user above! congrats @alearobinson! let us know how the interview experience is, hopefully we will all be joining you!

Thank you!! But I declined the interview 🙁 for reasons I'd rather not disclose...nothing bad, just family stuff. Good luck to everyone!!
 
I got the application complete email this afternoon. Does anyone know how they review the applications or if they send out rejections if they don't want to interview you? I cannot keep checking my empty mailbox all day until April. It's killing me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received an email a few days after my AMCAS application was verified saying they saw I applied, and will get back to me after there primary review. This was the last week of August, so about 20+ days ago...should I be concerned that I have not received an email with a secondary application invitation yet?
 
I received an email a few days after my AMCAS application was verified saying they saw I applied, and will get back to me after there primary review. This was the last week of August, so about 20+ days ago...should I be concerned that I have not received an email with a secondary application invitation yet?
I got the same. Then couple of weeks later and invite to submit my secondary. It is definitely an initial screen. I thought that was it for me but I suppose I am still in the race. Stay strong.
 
I got the application complete email this afternoon. Does anyone know how they review the applications or if they send out rejections if they don't want to interview you? I cannot keep checking my empty mailbox all day until April. It's killing me.

If they are not sure if they want to offer you an interview right away they put your application on hold pending the review of a greater portion of the application pool. You will get an email if they put your application on hold. Otherwise I'm pretty sure you either get emailed for an interview or sent a rejection email after a reasonable amount of time.
 
yeah looks like the first one was the user above! congrats @alearobinson! let us know how the interview experience is, hopefully we will all be joining you!
I interviewed here last year and fell in love! I felt that the interviewers I had were extremely personable and were really interested in getting to know me as a person outside of my stats. Also being able to converse with current students during the later part of the interview day made me fall that much more in love with this program.
 
My secondary was confirmed a few weeks after I submitted it. How long now do you think before I hear anything
 
Hi all, new to SDN, was complete 8/2 and received an II on 9/20 for October 17. URM, LizzyM in low 60s, but master's degree and great ECs. I have never been to Nashville, so I was wondering if either someone from the area or others interviewing this day wanted to explore the town? PM me 🙂. Thanks in advance!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad