2016-2017 Meharry Medical College Application Thread

Started by freak7
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sorry for asking this but what is Meharry's mission?
From Meharry's Mission and Vision Page:

Mission Statement
Meharry Medical College is an academic health sciences center that exists to improve the health and health care of minority and underserved communities by offering excellent education and training programs in the health sciences. True to its heritage, Meharry places special emphasis on providing opportunities for people of color, individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds, and others regardless of race or ethnicity; delivering high quality health services; and conducting research that fosters the elimination of health disparities.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think they are saying they were on the WL last cycle and was accepted this Cycle?? But idk when they Interviewed this time or that they started handing out acceptances.

I just want a secondary lol


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Last cycle I applied a bit late and wasn't interviewed until March. I was put on the 10% waitlist and in June was notified that the class was full. I applied earlier this cycle and was interviewed on Monday, accepted Friday.
How late was it in the last year? I applied late too so so scared...
 
Last cycle I applied a bit late and wasn't interviewed until March. I was put on the 10% waitlist and in June was notified that the class was full. I applied earlier this cycle and was interviewed on Monday, accepted Friday.
Congratulations!!! This is the first acceptance reported here.....how late did you apply last cycle and did your stats change?
 
I was accepted last night. However, I was accepted to some other schools and will most likely attend one of those. Hopefully, any of you that might be waitlisted can take my spot. Good luck everybody 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think they are saying they were on the WL last cycle and was accepted this Cycle?? But idk when they Interviewed this time or that they started handing out acceptances.

I just want a secondary lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
How many students are present per interview day?

From last year i can say there are two groups of about 20 students each. One interviews in the early morning and another in the later afternoon around 1pm.
 
My guess is that if you got the under review email you are going to get a desicion sometimes after wednesday this coming week when the comittee meets. My invite came on a friday last year.
 
Hey. Quick question. I have an interview scheduled here on the 31st. On the initial invitation email it says that the interview day typically lasts from 8a-3p but after I confirmed i received another email saying 10a-3p. What time am I supposed to be there ? lol
 
Hey. Quick question. I have an interview scheduled here on the 31st. On the initial invitation email it says that the interview day typically lasts from 8a-3p but after I confirmed i received another email saying 10a-3p. What time am I supposed to be there ? lol
It means you are in the second interview group that day. Theres a morning one where the interviewees have to be there by 8 and the later one at 10am.
 
How late was it in the last year? I applied late too so so scared...

I submitted my AMCAS in September last cycle and wasn't interviewed at Meharry until March.

Congratulations!!! This is the first acceptance reported here.....how late did you apply last cycle and did your stats change?

^^September. And no not really. I got some good ECs and a really positive letter of rec though. Thanks btw
 
Has everyone who has already interviewed heard something back? We've seen a few acceptances on the thread and I'm trying to gauge how many haven't heard anything like myself.
 
Has everyone who has already interviewed heard something back? We've seen a few acceptances on the thread and I'm trying to gauge how many haven't heard anything like myself.
I haven't heard back yet. But I'm hoping we'll hear something this Friday.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my AMCAS in September last cycle and wasn't interviewed at Meharry until March.
Seriously?!? I submitted AMCAS and secondary in late September and wasn't complete until October 10...Should I lose hope now?
But I still got the "under review" email so I guess they just sent it to all applicants...
 
Man, so there's a few of us. I thought we would all have our decision on Friday. But I would rather get no email than a rejection email that's for sure
yeah i think no news is good news at this point! there's a few other people i met at the interview that i've spoken too that said they haven't heard either! only one of the people i spoke too had heard! praying for the best for all of us!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad