2016-2017 Meharry Medical College Application Thread

Started by freak7
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm saying for screening purposes if they accepted someone with a 3.05 how could they screen for 3.5s does that make sense? And yes I'll screenshot as soon as I get a chance. I'm an ER nurse at work so I'm kind of busy, but once I get to a good stopping point with my patients I'll log in and screen shot and then post!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I'm saying for screening purposes if they accepted someone with a 3.05 how could they screen for 3.5s does that make sense? And yes I'll screenshot as soon as I get a chance. I'm an ER nurse at work so I'm kind of busy, but once I get to a good stopping point with my patients I'll log in and screen shot and then post!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you and I see what you're saying. I'm not sure how exactly they screen.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted my secondary and noticed I made a one-word mistake. I wrote "research have shown" instead of "research has shown" Now I'm not feeling too confident about getting an interview invite.
 
Submitted my secondary and noticed I made a one-word mistake. I wrote "research have shown" instead of "research has shown" Now I'm not feeling too confident about getting an interview invite.

Lol! Don't worry! At one school I accidentally wrote a word twice twice (just like that) then I got the school's acronym twisted around and I still got my acceptance letter on Monday!
 
Anyone familiar with Meharry's special masters program? I know that you can't apply, but anyone know what stats they look for?
 
how long does it take for this school to give you any response after you submit your secondary??
You should get an email acknowledging that they have received your secondary in a couple of days, but it depends on how swamped they are. Then a file is complete email, some people have had to wait a month for that, and others received II without that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
received an initial complete email 8/2, then another this afternoon with a notice of "delayed processing" because of a high volume of applications.
nice of them to email and let me know my application is still being considered! 🙂 hoping for the best.
 
Hi I was wondering if this school is ok with updates.

I'd contact them to confirm but they have info on their website regarding updating records but it's in regards to the waitlist:

"Meharry does not have a ranked waiting list. If a position in the class becomes available, all files will be reviewed. As you receive updated records and scores, it is important to forward them to the Admissions Office so that all current information is considered in your application."

Also, I just received the status email that began with...

"On behalf of the School of Medicine Admissions Committee, I wish to thank you for the time and effort taken in submitting your application for admission to the School of Medicine at Meharry Medical College.... Please be advised that your file is currently under review. Due to the unusually large volume of applications that we are receiving for the 2017 Admissions cycle, there has been a delay in the processing."

Good god, I thought it was a rejection at first. 😱 Hope this means I'll hear back something relatively soon.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But I haven't received a secondary though..
oh wow, that's interesting! I received one after receiving a secondary and submitting it back in august. :0
maybe they're just sending it to all applicants still under consideration. 🙂
 
Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering if I should expect to hear back today or next Friday due to it being so late. Good luck to everyone!
 
I'd contact them to confirm but they have info on their website regarding updating records but it's in regards to the waitlist:

"Meharry does not have a ranked waiting list. If a position in the class becomes available, all files will be reviewed. As you receive updated records and scores, it is important to forward them to the Admissions Office so that all current information is considered in your application."

Also, I just received the status email that began with...

"On behalf of the School of Medicine Admissions Committee, I wish to thank you for the time and effort taken in submitting your application for admission to the School of Medicine at Meharry Medical College.... Please be advised that your file is currently under review. Due to the unusually large volume of applications that we are receiving for the 2017 Admissions cycle, there has been a delay in the processing."

Good god, I thought it was a rejection at first. 😱 Hope this means I'll hear back something relatively soon.
Yeah I think it's a good sign?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wasn't there somebody on here that said they got rejected and no secondary because they didn't meet the screen requirements? I wonder what that consisted of


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
You would get an email. I was saying that because I had submitted and gotten no correspondence, I was assuming that I wasn't going to get a secondary. My friend and I submitted around the same time and she got a secondary but I didn't.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Someone on last year's thread got rejected pre-secondary by email and stated they were above the MCAT/GPA requirements. They may not have fit Meharry's mission