2016-2017 Meharry Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It sounds like you met the cut offs. I would definitely call maybe they made an error :/
Yeah, I called but they "don't discuss decisions on applications". I left it alone after that unproductive convo because they honestly don't seem to interested in me and why try to be where I'm not wanted? But good luck to you all, meharry was in my top 5 and seems like a great program!

Members don't see this ad.

anyone gotten any acceptance news? was told to check email by 5

Quiet on here...Did anyone here anything today?? I was complete a little late (Early-Sept) and I haven't heard anything except for the update explaining how they received many applications this cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I called but they "don't discuss decisions on applications". I left it alone after that unproductive convo because they honestly don't seem to interested in me and why try to be where I'm not wanted? But good luck to you all, meharry was in my top 5 and seems like a great program!

Aww try again or maybe email them. But don't be discouraged if you really want to go to Meharry. The feedback may help you improve your app in the future.

Quiet on here...Did anyone here anything today?? I was complete a little late (Early-Sept) and I haven't heard anything except for the update explaining how they received many applications this cycle.

Same but I haven't received an update email so maybe that's a good sign that they may get to your app soon.

anyone who had an interview already... do u mind sharing what is it like? and what to expect? is it a traditional cliche questions type of interview, MMI, or open file where they focus specifically on what u wrote in ur app? Also, any tips on acing this interview will be much much appreciated!!

On another note anyone who has an interview Nov 7 wanna be roommates and get a room together. I need help figuring out where should I stay! :/ not looking to spend more than 100 bucks for one night
thanks in advance!!

On another note anyone who has an interview Nov 7 wanna be roommates and get a room together. I need help figuring out where should I stay! :/ not looking to spend more than 100 bucks for one night
thanks in advance!!
Airbnb bro

How hard is it for a first year to get on campus housing ?

Did anybody have a hard time parking on interview day. I emailed them to reserve the one day parking but never received a reply

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
My brothers and sisters! :D URMs!!! I've found you lol.
I had no idea about this medical school, but I definitely should've applied. Man. oh well...
I wish you all good luck because we as URMs have to make a difference, not just in the world, but in healthcare specifically! Overcome odds and tear down barriers y'all with your intellect, your will, your ambitious mind, and your vision!

Reactions: 6 users
anyone who had an interview already... do u mind sharing what is it like? and what to expect? is it a traditional cliche questions type of interview, MMI, or open file where they focus specifically on what u wrote in ur app? Also, any tips on acing this interview will be much much appreciated!!

You have 2 interviewers, both faculty. Pretty conversational, just know your app and they may ask about their mission or current health care policies, lIke obama care. You get a tour from students, a presentation with financial aid and also lunch. Most of the time is spent waiting for your turn to interview. Hope this helps. Good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anybody have a hard time parking on interview day. I emailed them to reserve the one day parking but never received a reply

I to am curious about this.

If someone can provide info about parking without a parking pass, that would be great

Interviewed Yesterday and it is a wonderful school. Excited to hear back!

received the "your file is currently under review" email Oct. 24 and nothing since

Reactions: 2 users
How long does it take after secondary completion for the "under review" email?

Does anyone know if i want to send updates what email i send it to?

Does anyone know if i want to send updates what email i send it to?

[email protected] is their admissions office email. To be sure though, I'd just call them and ask.

the Admissions staff will only be available for calls Monday-Friday from 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Telephone: 615.327.6998

To anyone who's been accepted, how long after the interview did it take before you were notified?
They didnt give out their first decisions until 21st so if you interviewed later than that week you'll prolly hear back from them in 3 weeks to a month

I've yet to get a secondary? So if I was screened would they let me know that relatively quickly or no? It's been about a month since I've submitted my primary

After my interview on 10/31 they said we should expect to hear something this Friday and latest next Friday. Any later they recommended us to call them.

300$ acceptance fee in 10 days tho....trying to force a decision out of me

Just received secondary! Question for you guys:

For the 2 questions about reason for wanting to attend medical school and careers you are contemplating, did you rank everything? I feel like I have a pretty clear purpose and do not know how to rank everything else.

Just received secondary! Question for you guys:

For the 2 questions about reason for wanting to attend medical school and careers you are contemplating, did you rank everything? I feel like I have a pretty clear purpose and do not know how to rank everything else.
I ranked everything keeping in mind that it's a school that is aimed at training students to pursue primary care for the medically underserved

I ranked everything keeping in mind that it's a school that is aimed at training students to pursue primary care for the medically underserved

I answered everything honestly, which happens to coincide with their aim, but I didn't know what to put for #3. Only 1 or 2 listed reasons are really the reasons I am pursuing medicine.

I submitted primary about a week ago and just got invited for a secondary this Friday. They might still be taking students or at least reviewing applications. LizzyM ~69

I submitted primary about a week ago and just got invited for a secondary this Friday. They might still be taking students or at least reviewing applications. LizzyM ~69

Okay great! I was hoping to hear that!