2016-2017 Michigan State University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
... I am just going to withdraw my applications now.. 😛
Meh. My app definitely has some strong weak points too.
I have no 'official' shadowing as of yet, and my volunteering is on the low side. I was hoping my nontrad+veteran status would help balance that out, but as of now MSU is my only II. dont worry lol, you'll do fine...
 
Meh. My app definitely has some strong weak points too.
I have no 'official' shadowing as of yet, and my volunteering is on the low side. I was hoping my nontrad+veteran status would help balance that out, but as of now MSU is my only II. dont worry lol, you'll do fine...
Yeah dude, you are getting that uMich II! Veteran status to boot thats a LizzyM of 80+ .
 
Oh yeah forgot to mention no research lol, thats not gonna help w/umich. Im not bamking on an II from there yet.

And MSU is pretty great too.
yeah I would love to have rotations in GR.

Yeah, there are probably less than 100 candidates in Michigan with those stats. That being said, oakland will still reject you.
 
Meh. My app definitely has some strong weak points too.
I have no 'official' shadowing as of yet, and my volunteering is on the low side. I was hoping my nontrad+veteran status would help balance that out, but as of now MSU is my only II. dont worry lol, you'll do fine...

fair enough lol I am sure you'll be fine as well. thanks for serving. I appreciate it
 
Couple questions:
1. Does anybody with us news report subscription or other reliable source know what the number of acceptances are (not matriculants)? And even better, the IS/OOS breakdown of that number?

2. The part where we are interviewed by a student, is that open file or closed file?
 
Couple questions:
1. Does anybody with us news report subscription or other reliable source know what the number of acceptances are (not matriculants)? And even better, the IS/OOS breakdown of that number?

2. The part where we are interviewed by a student, is that open file or closed file?

I think I read somewhere that they have around 70-80% IS students, but the actual acceptance number I'm not sure (maybe its similar?)

and I heard that its semi-blind. So they don't have MCAT or GPA but they do have your essays and such (not sure about LORs)
 
2. The part where we are interviewed by a student, is that open file or closed file?

It's open. If they actually read it, IDK. But it is super informal. They just want to make sure they can see you as a classmate.

Apparently they are also very clear about the MMI at the interview so you know what to expect.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, there has been a lot of action in the DO schools. I do think that the big name private school threads are lit though. I did get a straight up rejection from oakland so i got that going for me.

Wait how do you know you got rejection from Oakland? (Oakland Beaumont???) and do you know why????
 
I submitted all my secondaries late (bc study abroad) so I'm kinda of scared that I won't get a single interview
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II! IS and was forwarded for preliminary review on 7/30. Hope to see some of you October 21 in East Lansing! Congrats to all who got interviews today and best of luck to those still waiting!
 
They're post secondary rejections. Everyone gets a secondary.
Stats arent too big a deal there. They're very big on "fit" and very community service oriented....

Okay thank God I haven't heard back a rejection yet. My background fits really well with what they want and the admissions kind of know me. (I don't go there for undergrad there though but Im sure you can figure that out from my username lol)
 
II! IS and was forwarded for preliminary review on 7/30. Hope to see some of you October 21 in East Lansing! Congrats to all who got interviews today and best of luck to those still waiting!

I stand corrected. Odd that they would have some interviews in Grand Rapids and some in East Lansing.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad