2016-2017 Michigan State University Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so if we didn't get an acceptance call today and we interviewed on the 23rd or 30th, is the consensus that we didn't get accepted?
Nah.
Theres been four interview dates so far. Even if they havent gotten thru decisions on the most recent date yet, theres still probably 50+ acceptances to go out total. All acceptees will know on wednesday when the portal updates, but the phone calls are done by the admissions dean as a personal touch, from what I can tell. One guy isnt going to get through that many calls in a day. Im sure more calls will go out tomorrow.....
 
Just to kick in my two cents, I am almost positive that the dean also mentioned that he sometimes runs out of time to call all the acceptees and that some people find out via the portal/email.


I'm pretty anxious right now too of course, but I also genuinely don't think any of us should worry until Wednesday passes.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I was accepted yesterday by a call but I did not receive an email yet and nothing is showing on my portal. Is it the same with everyone else?
 
Does MSU take people off their pre-II hold?

According to the dean and their webpage they do! He even told our group if we had friends who were still on hold or waiting for II's to be patient! ( I guess people have been calling the office a bunch). I really hope you all here some good news soon! This year they received ~6900 apps.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
According to the dean and their webpage they do! He even told our group if we had friends who were still on hold or waiting for II's to be patient! ( I guess people have been calling the office a bunch). I really hope you all here some good news soon! This year they received ~6900 apps.
Thanks for the info! I haven't called an admissions office before. I feel like they have better things to deal with than my neurotic butt lol
 
I got an email from CHM but it was for an interview day evaluation. I was so excited at first lol

Ugh. Same!! My heart dropped + I was sooooo excited. I feel like I spend ever bit of free time checking SDN or my email. If I'm not looking at current threads I'm looking at last years threads to attempt to gauge a timeframe of when we will here back lol.
 
Also just got the acceptance call!!!!
he also told me that they had just reviewed my file tonight and I interviewed on 9/30
Just got the call! I'M GOING TO BE A DOCTOR!! [emoji24] interviewed on 09/30, was told the committee literally just finished meeting on my file


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats yall! I think our portals should update tomorrow (hopefully, i'm still waiting for the e-mail to officially believe its real).

Now go join the FB page that tourre25 posted, my fellow Spartan MDs 😉
 
I was in heart attack mode reading this thread because I assumed all these acceptances were today and from the last interview date. Congratulations to all who got it. I hope to feel the same way tomorrow. I feel like I'd explode if I didn't get a decision then. To all those that got the call, was it Dr. Maurer?
 
I was in heart attack mode reading this thread because I assumed all these acceptances were today and from the last interview date. Congratulations to all who got it. I hope to feel the same way tomorrow. I feel like I'd explode if I didn't get a decision then. To all those that got the call, was it Dr. Maurer?

Yeah, it was him.
 
Accepted Today! Dr. Maurer called me at 7:45 pm right after they reviewed my app. I love this school and could definitely see myself in GR next year. So Pumped!
Interviewed 0n 10/14

10/14! Ahhhhh, guess I'm back to jumping at every call! Congrats!!!!

me_irl lol

waiting-for-the-phone-to-ring.jpg
Woman-waiting.jpg
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe. Im hoping for at least a no decision for now, but seeing how people who interviewed 4 days ago got calls last night, Im pretty sure they've gotten to mine by now.
I feel the same 🙁 did you interview anywhere else? You can still definitely have a chance at other places. Each school does things slightly differently.