You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Oakland University (Beaumont) Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Oh that's so interesting! Do you happen to know how many people review files? Is it 3-4 like most med schools, or is it a larger group?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited:
ok thanks
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected 🙁
But I figure it's better to know sooner rather than later.
Oh no! So sorry to hear that 🙁
Did they email you?
They did! I was actually looking at my email when the message hit my inbox. Needless to say, I deleted it quickly haha.Oh no! So sorry to hear that 🙁
Did they email you?
To be rejected at OUWB, you need to get a "no" from just two reviewers. My mom was part of the first-point admissions review last year and told me she has rejected people with great stats because they only talked about themselves, they did not address a failing grade or take responsibility for IA, or because of their personal statement. I just hope you guys are not so hard on yourself, it may just be something very small that two people happened not to like. Hang in there!
Wow, I am glad I addressed my poor grades against the advice of most SDNers!
They did! I was actually looking at my email when the message hit my inbox. Needless to say, I deleted it quickly haha.
Sorry to hear that 🙁 But I'm sure you'll have many other schools going for you! When did you submit the secondary?
Can I ask when you were complete? I'm trying to figure out if they're moving through applications and rejecting in a sensical orderThey did! I was actually looking at my email when the message hit my inbox. Needless to say, I deleted it quickly haha.
Congrats!! When were you complete?II! LizzyM 66.7
Submitted and complete around 7/1. I hope you're right about the other schools! Received an II elsewhere yesterday so I'm not too down about this one. 🙂Sorry to hear that 🙁 But I'm sure you'll have many other schools going for you! When did you submit the secondary?
@Ebayit @NeedACar
Congrats!! When were you complete?
Thanks! Completed July 11.
Oh well thats good. I am a bit worried now. I submitted on 7/1 too. I thought maybe I had dodged the rejections.Submitted and complete around 7/1. I hope you're right about the other schools! Received an II elsewhere yesterday so I'm not too down about this one. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh good for you with turnaround! Good luck!Thanks! Completed July 11.
Dumb question, but what is IA?To be rejected at OUWB, you need to get a "no" from just two reviewers. My mom was part of the first-point admissions review last year and told me she has rejected people with great stats because they only talked about themselves, they did not address a failing grade or take responsibility for IA, or because of their personal statement. I just hope you guys are not so hard on yourself, it may just be something very small that two people happened not to like. Hang in there!
There is no dumb question. Institutional Action.Dumb question, but what is IA?
OUWB just tweeted out:
I assume in response to people wondering why the high stats rejections.
I assume in response to people wondering why the high stats rejections.
OUWB just tweeted out:
I assume in response to people wondering why the high stats rejections.
lol OUWB staff are spending more time on this thread than we are.
OUWB just tweeted out:
I assume in response to people wondering why the high stats rejections.
It's nice of them to communicate and keep applicants informed !
(Content redacted to preserve anonymity)
Last edited:
Rejected. Guess new wave of rejection is comingOh man, sorry Gingy! But hey it's nicer to find out now instead of getting a silent rejection months from now, hopefully you start hearing back from other schools soon. Would you mind sharing with us your completion date?
When was your secondary submitted?Rejected. Guess new wave of rejection is coming
6/30!
6/30!
Oh no, again? Glad you have IIs elsewhere. I hope I don't get this rejection...I want my first II!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Not sure if this has been answered yet but I'm kinda wondering the same thing. I've been mainly focusing on one thing as well. What did you end up doing?The experience I have in mind is certainly community service, just wondering if other people honed in on a specific activity or spoke more generally.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wrote specifically. The more specific, the more unique and hopefully more memorableNot sure if this has been answered yet but I'm kinda wondering the same thing. I've been mainly focusing on one thing as well. What did you end up doing?
Not sure if this has been answered yet but I'm kinda wondering the same thing. I've been mainly focusing on one thing as well. What did you end up doing?
Yeah I wrote a story and the general principles I learned from it
Yeah I wrote about two different experiences and what I learned from each experience. Tied it into how it has made me service oriented.Not sure if this has been answered yet but I'm kinda wondering the same thing. I've been mainly focusing on one thing as well. What did you end up doing?
S
spartawdw
Rejected 🙁
Sorry. When were you complete? I'm a little confused because I was complete around 7/12 and people all around me have been rejected and given IIs but I haven't heard a thing.Rejected 🙁
Same…. scaredSorry. When were you complete? I'm a little confused because I was complete around 7/12 and people all around me have been rejected and given IIs but I haven't heard a thing.

me too 7/11 and no news
S
spartawdw
Sorry. When were you complete? I'm a little confused because I was complete around 7/12 and people all around me have been rejected and given IIs but I haven't heard a thing.
Completed the secondary July 27th but my last letter of recommendation wasn't received by AMCAS until this morning. And a rejection email this morning.
Good luck on the rest of your applications! Sending positive interview invite vibes your way 🙂Completed the secondary July 27th but my last letter of recommendation wasn't received by AMCAS until this morning. And a rejection email this morning.
S
spartawdw
Good luck on the rest of your applications! Sending positive interview invite vibes your way 🙂
Thank you! You as well! Honestly I'm pretty bummed but I guess it's still early
Absolutely! When I got my two rejections from Mayo (both campuses) it was a sad day. Do something nice for yourself, buy a cookie, have a beer, whatever floats your boat. The cycle is still just gearing upThank you! You as well! Honestly I'm pretty bummed but I guess it's still early

Sorry. When were you complete? I'm a little confused because I was complete around 7/12 and people all around me have been rejected and given IIs but I haven't heard a thing.
As others have said, I'm pretty sure no news=good news at OUWB. Don't lose hope, I'm in the same boat.
Sorry. When were you complete? I'm a little confused because I was complete around 7/12 and people all around me have been rejected and given IIs but I haven't heard a thing.
+1
It's still sooooo early for IIs. They can't offer everyone an interview right away, so if you haven't been rejected you're still good to go.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sorry. When were you complete? I'm a little confused because I was complete around 7/12 and people all around me have been rejected and given IIs but I haven't heard a thing.
Same! I was complete around 6/30 and haven't heard a thing. I finally made an account here because of my compulsive stalking of this thread!
That's rough. I am sure you will do great this cycle. Keep your head up! I have had two as well so far. Wish you good luck!Completed the secondary July 27th but my last letter of recommendation wasn't received by AMCAS until this morning. And a rejection email this morning.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah complete 7/1 here. So hoping for good news from this school!Same! I was complete around 6/30 and haven't heard a thing. I finally made an account here because of my compulsive stalking of this thread!
I wish they'd tell us when they were sending out more interviews, kind of like how they do for acceptances.. I'm in this state of 'Am I missing every interview hand-out time, or have there just not been any more'Yeah complete 7/1 here. So hoping for good news from this school!
They usually do! They are the most transparent school I have seen so far. They usually post on their twitter account. Granted, they are not posting for EVERY wave, but they told us that interviews are starting to be handed out last Monday and it will be on a rolling basis after that. And its actually amusing. Sometimes, they have tweeted in response to posts made on here.I wish they'd tell us when they were sending out more interviews, kind of like how they do for acceptances.. I'm in this state of 'Am I missing every interview hand-out time, or have there just not been any more'
But hey I am rooting for you! With those stats, I bet your time will come soon. I think the only thing holding you back in American schools may be your Canadian nationality!
Thank you, I'm praying for the first II to come soon so I can stop panicking haha. I've got my fingers crossed for you too. May OUWB grant us an interview inviteThey usually do! They are the most transparent school I have seen so far. They usually post on their twitter account. Granted, they are not posting for EVERY wave, but they told us that interviews are starting to be handed out last Monday and it will be on a rolling basis after that. And its actually amusing. Sometimes, they have tweeted in response to posts made on here.
But hey I am rooting for you! With those stats, I bet your time will come soon. I think the only thing holding you back in American schools may be your Canadian nationality!

Thank you, I'm praying for the first II to come soon so I can stop panicking haha. I've got my fingers crossed for you too, may OUWB grant us an interview invite![]()
Yes just want that first II so I know my app has no red flags! Then I will stop being impatient. I promise. Hopefully we do!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K