2016-2017 Oakland University (Beaumont) Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you, I'm praying for the first II to come soon so I can stop panicking haha. I've got my fingers crossed for you too. May OUWB grant us an interview invite :xf:
How did you get rejected from both Mayo schools with those stats?!?! I am in the same boat (Canadian; 3.97, MCAT: 34), and have not heard back from any schools (including Mayo) yet. Fingers crossed for both of us. :highfive:
 
How did you get rejected from both Mayo schools with those stats?!?! I am in the same boat (Canadian; 3.97, MCAT: 34), and have not heard back from any schools (including Mayo) yet. Fingers crossed for both of us. :highfive:

I think Mayo has a very specific (read: made up) formula for who gets a LoR request. I got the fee request from my stats, but I must not had enough volunteering, research, or pixie dust in my app :shrug:

Good luck with your app to Mayo! I've been seeing you on a lot of the same threads, make sense we've got another Canuck on board 😍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm really excited about OUWB. I finished my secondary about a week ago and can't wait to hear back from them! I just hope I don't get rejected right away like some people say they have. I haven't gotten rejected from anywhere so far but OU was my undergraduate school and I'm still really involved there, so an immediate rejection from OUWB would sting especially bad...
 
Okay, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one lurking and waiting for feedback here.....

Thank you, I'm praying for the first II to come soon so I can stop panicking haha. I've got my fingers crossed for you too. May OUWB grant us an interview invite :xf:

I'm sure that, given your stats, once it starts to rain, it'll pour 😉
 
Right, but at my school a one semester course is worth 0.5 credits and a full year is worth 1 credit...I can't input 0.5, so that's clearly not what I'm supposed to be inputting. Does anyone know how many credits these courses would translate to?

Hey did you ever figure this out? I'm also having the same problem, except my school (and amcas) lists my credit for a one semester course as 1.5, and the application system doesn't let you put in half credits.
 
Hey did you ever figure this out? I'm also having the same problem, except my school (and amcas) lists my credit for a one semester course as 1.5, and the application system doesn't let you put in half credits.

This is what Kathy from OUWB Admissions said:
Unfortunately, many schools have different credits per semester as well as per year. The most common that we see is 4 credits per course. For clarification about your specific courses, this information will be on your transcripts or on the AMCAS evaluation of your courses.

So I ended up just putting in the AMCAS credit hours :S
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad