2016-2017 Oakland University (Beaumont) Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

That seems incredibly unlikely.

My partner is from MI and he was rejected from the school. May be just the conclusion he came to, ha ha. 😛

But in his defense, he had Lizzy M >70 and was accepted into Wayne so it did make me wonder...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get an email saying you were complete, or just an email saying they received your supp? I have a checkmark next to application complete but never got an email. Maybe I'm just being neurotic lol.
I didn't get a "complete" email. Just a "Thx for your 2ndary"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, pretty much means you aren't getting an II right now, but that doesn't mean you won't get one at some point.
 
Did you get an email saying you were complete, or just an email saying they received your supp? I have a checkmark next to application complete but never got an email. Maybe I'm just being neurotic lol.

I never received a "Complete" email, so to speak. I just have the checkmark. Try not to let it worry you. It's completely out of our hands at this point.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not really sure of what to think of OUWB right now. I completed my app the day I got the secondary on 8/1, but haven't heard a word back from them back since. I feel like I'm sitting in their "Maybe" pile right now.
 
I'm not really sure of what to think of OUWB right now. I completed my app the day I got the secondary on 8/1, but haven't heard a word back from them back since.
People sent in their secondary weeks before you and haven't heard back. Last year, I didn't hear until December about an interview for a school. It has literally been less than three weeks - this process takes months.
 
This school literally has me at the edge of my seat, checking my email a couple times every hour. I see a good number of rejections and IIs, while I sit here twiddling my thumbs…
don't worry! the nice thing about OUWB is that they really take holistic review very seriously and they're very transparent. So no news at this point is good news
 
for the traditional pre reqs, it says 2 semesters biology with lab...I thought that would mean 2 semesters of lecture and 2 semesters of lab but there is only 1 lab section entry on the secondary. Did you guys just put one lab section?

Or should I just use the optional 3rd quarter entry to list the other lab section?
 
for the traditional pre reqs, it says 2 semesters biology with lab...I thought that would mean 2 semesters of lecture and 2 semesters of lab but there is only 1 lab section entry on the secondary. Did you guys just put one lab section?

Or should I just use the optional 3rd quarter entry to list the other lab section?

Hmm when I filled out the app I chose the non-traditional option so I'm a little unsure on what to say
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow, wondering if I should bother filling out the secondary. I have similar stats.
The admissions stated that they are more concerned about the fit of an individual's experiences (holistic aspect) to the school's mission so i think as long as your stats arent crazy low you will have a shot! Just out of curiousity what are ur stats?
 
The admissions stated that they are more concerned about the fit of an individual's experiences (holistic aspect) to the school's mission so i think as long as your stats arent crazy low you will have a shot! Just out of curiousity what are ur stats?
511, ~3.8