You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just withdrew my acceptance here! I hope it goes to one of you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gladly, it would be a dream! wish you well wherever you will be going!Just withdrew....someone take my place!
Withdrew my acceptance also, this spot WILL go to one of you guys!
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Emailed admissions asking whether alternate list movement had occurred yet. They told me that the class was full but did not answer whether there was movement or not and said they had no additional information. 🙁 feelsbad
Does this mean nobody is coming off the WL in the future?Emailed admissions asking whether alternate list movement had occurred yet. They told me that the class was full but did not answer whether there was movement or not and said they had no additional information. 🙁 feelsbad
Does this mean nobody is coming off the WL in the future?
I'm hoping that's not what they were getting at. I was hoping I would at least get a "yes, there has been some movement to fill in slots" or "no, the process hasn't started yet", so without any solid answers, it's hard to say. The email only mentioned that the class was full as of this morning.
Yeah more info would have been nice. I do find it hard to believe that there won't be any movement.I'm hoping that's not what they were getting at. I was hoping I would at least get a "yes, there has been some movement to fill in slots" or "no, the process hasn't started yet", so without any solid answers, it's hard to say. The email only mentioned that the class was full as of this morning.
That gives me anxiety 🙁Emailed admissions asking whether alternate list movement had occurred yet. They told me that the class was full but did not answer whether there was movement or not and said they had no additional information. 🙁 feelsbad
OK so let's say they called someone to offer a position off of the waitlist-do they have to decide right then and there in the phone? Or do they give a timeframe for alternate list accepted students to make their decision? Because let's say they did extend a number of offers after May 1,maybe all of those people that were on the waitlist and were accepted had other offers. This way, the class could currently before but there might be more movement? I'm just trying to make sense of it all
OK so let's say they called someone to offer a position off of the waitlist-do they have to decide right then and there in the phone? Or do they give a timeframe for alternate list accepted students to make their decision? Because let's say they did extend a number of offers after May 1,maybe all of those people that were on the waitlist and were accepted had other offers. This way, the class could currently before but there might be more movement? I'm just trying to make sense of it all
Wish I could tell you, but they seem to be evasive when it comes to discussing policy about the alternate list. Could be because they're still sorting things out after April 30th, so we'll see. I'm sure it's a little early to start worrying about the whole thing. I emailed them to ask about alternate list movement because people on this forum have stated that they have withdrawn their acceptances, but it seems no one yet (at least from sdn) have received any news yet.
I got the call on May 3rd. I had until the 11th to accept or decline the offer. Hope that helps!Wish I could tell you, but they seem to be evasive when it comes to discussing policy about the alternate list. Could be because they're still sorting things out after April 30th, so we'll see. I'm sure it's a little early to start worrying about the whole thing. I emailed them to ask about alternate list movement because people on this forum have stated that they have withdrawn their acceptances, but it seems no one yet (at least from sdn) have received any news yet.
Keep withdrawing y'all 🙂 much, much apprecaited!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations !I got the call on May 3rd. I had until the 11th to accept or decline the offer. Hope that helps!
Time given seems reasonable ?
Thank you for validating!I got the call on May 3rd. I had until the 11th to accept or decline the offer. Hope that helps!
I got the call on May 3rd. I had until the 11th to accept or decline the offer. Hope that helps!
You just got the call May 3 2017? Or were you saying last year 2016?
Sorry, 'had' was poor wording. I got the call may 3rd 2017 and was given until the 11th to decide. When I posted I had already accepted the spot, so it was past tense in my mind.You just got the call May 3 2017? Or were you saying last year 2016?
I'm not sure if bulk acceptances off the alternate list were issued once spots opened up after April 30, but it seems like the first "batch" of students have been taken off the alternate list to fill the gaps. Still holding some hope for the rest of us!! 🙁
Oh ok thanks for clearing that up. The "had" threw me off. Congrats though!Sorry, 'had' was poor wording. I got the call may 3rd 2017 and was given until the 11th to decide. When I posted I had already accepted the spot, so it was past tense in my mind.
Congrats! Did you send any major updates before getting the call?I got the call on May 3rd. I had until the 11th to accept or decline the offer. Hope that helps!
Thanks! No I hadn't because I used both of my updates earlier in the cycleCongrats! Did you send any major updates before getting the call?
Did you also get an email? I am out of the country and am worried if it is just offered right on the spot or if we miss the call, they will send an email too and not pass you up.Thanks! No I hadn't because I used both of my updates earlier in the cycle
I am also wondering thisDid you also get an email? I am out of the country and am worried if it is just offered right on the spot or if we miss the call, they will send an email too and not pass you up.
So I'm assuming (based on last year's thread) the class is now full and there is no chance of getting off the waitlist until mid-June...?
So I'm assuming (based on last year's thread) the class is now full and there is no chance of getting off the waitlist until mid-June...?
For now, that's what it seems like... 🙁 Unfortunately, admissions also doesn't like to reveal ANY info about alternate list so judging anything is near impossible. Trying to stay positive though!!
For now, that's what it seems like... 🙁 Unfortunately, admissions also doesn't like to reveal ANY info about alternate list so judging anything is near impossible. Trying to stay positive though!!
🙁
Did you also get an email? I am out of the country and am worried if it is just offered right on the spot or if we miss the call, they will send an email too and not pass you up.
yes they sent an email and also updated my portal right away on the "offer" tab. By the time I got off of the phone with my parents I had both so I don't think you should worry about missing the call. Also they didn't ask me to accept the offer on the spot, just told me that I was accepted and that I had to accept the offer on the application portal. I think the phone call is more for the excitement factor than any real information.
Just withdrew my spot here. Good luck to everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think it would be worth calling admissions to perhaps see if I could discuss my application with a counselor? I am trying to decide whether or not I should apply again or keeping holding on (a small bit of) hope.
I'm not sure what they will actually discuss with you. It might not be a terrible idea to just hold off doing another application for now. As far as GCSOM goes, you don't have to be one of the first people to submit the primary & secondary apps. I was waitlisted last year, waited until the either the last week of June or the first week of July to submit my primary app, and sent the secondary app back the day I received. The turnaround time was quick enough that I was still able to interview on the first day they were holding interviews.Do you think it would be worth calling admissions to perhaps see if I could discuss my application with a counselor? I am trying to decide whether or not I should apply again or keeping holding on (a small bit of) hope.
It did push me back a little for the rest of my interviews, which were in early October. That's still fairly early in the cycle though so I personally didn't see it as a setback. It all depends on how comfortable you feel with your situation though.
Anyone else get an e-mail from Financial Aid about a missing signature page? This is the weirdest e-mail, because I haven't even been accepted, and it tells me to login to Empower Web. (I don't have a login...I haven't been accepted, lol). Is Geisinger trolling hard?
I did not receive that.Anyone else get an e-mail from Financial Aid about a missing signature page? This is the weirdest e-mail, because I haven't even been accepted, and it tells me to login to Empower Web. (I don't have a login...I haven't been accepted, lol). Is Geisinger trolling hard?
Just got accepted off of the waitlist this morning!
Congrats! Did you send updates/letter of intent?
Yeah I sent the maximum of 2 letters. Sent an update letter and a letter of intent.Congrats! Did you send updates/letter of intent?
Congrats! Did they call your or e-mail you? Also, if you don't mind sharing, what were your stats?
Thanks! They called me around 9 am. IS, 511 MCAT, 3.7 GPACongrats! Did they call your or e-mail you? Also, if you don't mind sharing, what were your stats?
Congrats! Still holding out hope over here!





Anyone hear anything recently about the waitlist/alternate list?
Emailed them last week. Got a message Monday saying that the class is fullAnyone hear anything recently about the waitlist/alternate list?
Praying for a miracle....
Any movement on the alternate list recently?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted off the alternate list about 3-4 weeks ago (OOS applicant) but haven't heard of recent waitlist movement.Any movement on the alternate list recently?
Good luck to those waiting.
To those who have been accepted, do you have any idea when the first disbursement of funds would be?
To those who have been accepted, do you have any idea when the first disbursement of funds would be?