2016-2017 University of California - Davis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't mean to come across as neurotic, but I've been complete since summer time and no II or rejection yet. I called the admissions office a while back and they said that they extend offers till the end of December. Since it's January at this point and I still haven't heard anything, should I anticipate a rejection at this point? I'm asking honestly.

I'm in the same boat as you. I don't think they sent out any post secondary rejections yet so personally, I'm expecting a rejection email within the next month or so. Hopefully that's not the case but based on previous years, that seems to be the trend. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat as you. I don't think they sent out any post secondary rejections yet so personally, I'm expecting a rejection email within the next month or so. Hopefully that's not the case but based on previous years, that seems to be the trend. Good luck!

+1 for same situation. Hopefully we receive good news soon.

Update from AdCom HQ aka I called them: they fell behind some of their own deadlines (not elaborated) so they extended the screening process an extra few weeks. Give 'em a polite call to double check for yourselves; last thing I want to do is appear to be misleading for whatever reason. Transparency prevails at last! Yet another 2 microliter drop of hope to be found!!1!

P.S. I've seen the terms "interview waitlist" and "unofficial hold" loosely or directly mentioned for this school specifically. If I may ask, is this common slang for those of us floating in Interview Purgatory or is this straight outta AdCom HQ?

That's interesting given that those of us who were put on the interview waitlist were told that our apps would be reviewed again for an interview in January...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Update from AdCom HQ aka I called them: they fell behind some of their own deadlines (not elaborated) so they extended the screening process an extra few weeks. Give 'em a polite call to double check for yourselves; last thing I want to do is appear to be misleading for whatever reason. Transparency prevails at last! Yet another 2 microliter drop of hope to be found!!1!

P.S. I've seen the terms "interview waitlist" and "unofficial hold" loosely or directly mentioned for this school specifically. If I may ask, is this common slang for those of us floating in Interview Purgatory or is this straight outta AdCom HQ?

They email you if you're on the interview waitlist. Part of the email says this "You have been placed on our Interview Wait-list. Each year a number of students are offered interviews from this list beginning in January."

They email you if you're on the interview waitlist. Part of the email says this "You have been placed on our Interview Wait-list. Each year a number of students are offered interviews from this list beginning in January."

Ey? I've never gotten this email before yet they've kept me around for about the same duration without telling me... The plot thickens!

Thanks for calling! I can also confirm the above. They email you if you're placed on hold. You can also check through the message center on your portal.

My pleasure @MDhopeful324. I actually checked my message center and the only thing listed is the confirmation of when they received my secondary and what not. Time will tell at this point and I'm fine with whatever result.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Sigh. I'm hoping they are not done with sending out II.

My pleasure @MDhopeful324. I actually checked my message center and the only thing listed is the confirmation of when they received my secondary and what not. Time will tell at this point and I'm fine with whatever result.

Oh that's odd. The only thing that shows up in my message center is when THEY sent me a secondary. No message about them receiving a completed secondary. Uh oh...

Hi, congrats on your acceptance! can you share on how your interview day/ experience went? Any tips on how to prepare? Thank you!
I know you are specifically asking advice from students holding acceptances, but I thought I'd chime in and reiterate what we have all said in previous post which is that you can't prepare for this interview. Honestly. Just be yourself. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the interview waitlist superior to hearing nothing at all? Going off of previous posts, I've been complete since July and have heard nothing :(

Hi, congrats on your acceptance! can you share on how your interview day/ experience went? Any tips on how to prepare? Thank you!
Have fun, be empathetic, be respectful, HAVE FUN!
If practicing MMI's will make you feel more prepared, feel free to do so. Otherwise, like @abtl31 mentioned, just enjoy the process because this interview is quite unlike any other and a lot more fun :)

sent in II in August, still have not heard anything. I had not been aware of the "Interview wait-list" until reading this forum, and am now getting a little worried. Any input as to what I should be expecting?

sent in II in August, still have not heard anything. I had not been aware of the "Interview wait-list" until reading this forum, and am now getting a little worried. Any input as to what I should be expecting?

I was never made aware of an "Interview Waitlist" either but I'm apparently on it too, by the looks of it. It's honestly anyone's game at this point. They say they still have interview spots available but Lord knows who they will still pick at this point. The admissions office told me that me--in this case us--that the fact I [we] haven't been denied yet is a "good sign" because the screeners really look at apps but they had my app for about 6 months now and I'm not assuming squat except for a warm "we regret to inform you...". Hopefully it turns out better for you though. Better one of us than none of us.

Reactions: 4 users
no lie, just go and be yourself. maybe wear something other than a red denim jacket and timberlands.

no lie, just go and be yourself. maybe wear something other than a red denim jacket and timberlands.

For a second I thought "Oh no! What poor soul showed up wearing a red denim jacket and timberlands to their interview?", but then I noticed the video link and laughed to myself. Good luck!

When you stay with a student host, I'm assuming it is only for the night prior to the interview, right? I'm hoping to attend the clinic tour the following day after the interview so should I plan on getting an accommodation for the night? I'm an OOS applicant trying to make arrangements and would greatly appreciate any advice/recommendations.

Is anyone still waiting for an II?? I puke blood every time I refresh my email. This wait is killing me

Reactions: 5 users
Hi guys! I have some good news! I was looking at last year's thread and it seems like UCD gives out a bunch of II by the end of January. There's hope! :)

Pretty close to the same, I've stopped holding my breath and am getting ramped up for the next round now.
I definitely know what you mean. Feel like I've been preparing for the next cycle since the beginning of this cycle :\
Hi guys! I have some good news! I was looking at last year's thread and it seems like UCD gives out a bunch of II by the end of January. There's hope! :)

Good luck to you too! :D

When you stay with a student host, I'm assuming it is only for the night prior to the interview, right? I'm hoping to attend the clinic tour the following day after the interview so should I plan on getting an accommodation for the night? I'm an OOS applicant trying to make arrangements and would greatly appreciate any advice/recommendations.
You can always ask the student host if they are willing to accommodate. I didn't do it for Davis but I asked for other interviews before. And honestly if you don't come to the clinic tour, it's fine and you're not missing much because it's literally just a quick tour before they even saw patients.

That's what I was wondering too!
I also want to do the tour

I'm guessing I'm gonna have to book a hotel for the night since the overnight host program is usually for the day before the interview

la Quinta Inn in downtown Sacramento sounds like a good choice for me

I guess it doesn't hurt emailing the host people to ask if someone can host for Friday night

I live close enough to UCD SOM that I didn't need to use the host accommodations, but I remember them saying that you receive an email from your host the week of the interview. Try asking them if they would be willing to offer an extended hosting experience;). Everyone was so nice during the interview that I couldn't image they would say no, but have a Plan B ready in case they do say no. Good luck!!

Does everyone who interviews get a financial aid email the week after their interview regardless of the outcome (or just students who are either waitlisted or accepted)?

Does everyone who interviews get a financial aid email the week after their interview regardless of the outcome (or just students who are either waitlisted or accepted)?
I remember someone posting that they received the email and were rejected.

Also complete since July (16th) and silence...

II request today! Complete 12/15.

Reactions: 3 users
II to UCD!! Complete 01/12/17!!

Did anyone hear anything today?

Hoping that Davis will show some love to interview waitlist applicants soon :(

Hi hello!

I've been complete since 7/10 and got an II today! There's hope for us little guys :] The only date available was 3/10

Reactions: 12 users