2016-2017 University of California - Davis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi hello!

I've been complete since 7/10 and got an II today! There's hope for us little guys :] The only date available was 3/10

What hope? With spots getting fewer and fewer each time, I'd say the opposite is true. This whole cycle has gone to ****.

Would withdrawing my application "look bad" for the next cycle I apply? What wouldn't look bad to the admissions deities anyways?

Members don't see this ad.

What hope? With spots getting fewer and fewer each time, I'd say the opposite is true. This whole cycle has gone to ****.

Would withdrawing my application "look bad" for the next cycle I apply? What wouldn't look bad to the admissions deities anyways?

I get it's frustrating, but despairing and spreading that kind of negativity won't help. med school application cycles are tough no matter how you look at it, but the point is that there's hope. otherwise based on just the numbers alone, med school isn't really "worth" applying to with such low success rates.

in reference to your question, withdrawing or not withdrawing your application would probably not make too much of a difference at this point. you'd be classified as a reapplicant if you were to reapply next cycle regardless.

Reactions: 2 users
I get it's frustrating, but despairing and spreading that kind of negativity won't help. med school application cycles are tough no matter how you look at it, but the point is that there's hope. otherwise based on just the numbers alone, med school isn't really "worth" applying to with such low success rates.

in reference to your question, withdrawing or not withdrawing your application would probably not make too much of a difference at this point. you'd be classified as a reapplicant if you were to reapply next cycle regardless.

Great. I'll dance to a happy tune because you said there's hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
Great. I'll dance to a happy tune because you said there's hope.

Thats the spirit! Though honestly, I found it helps to know that at least others are in a similar boat/situation (myself included). If you want to vent about the not funness of the cycle feel free to pm me.

Reactions: 8 users
Thats the spirit! Though honestly, I found it helps to know that at least others are in a similar boat/situation (myself included). If you want to vent about the not funness of the cycle feel free to pm me.

Nah

Congrats, were you ever placed on the interview waitlist (via email)?

Looking back at my e-mail, no I wasn't ever placed on the interview waitlist.

I really don't know anything about withdrawing, so I have no clue :-/

[QUOTE="Pwayne55, post: 18534566, member: I really don't know anything about withdrawing, so I have no clue :-/[/QUOTE]
Quote fail

No withdrawing. There's hope now.

Reactions: 1 user
[QUOTE="Pwayne55, post: 18534566, member: I really don't know anything about withdrawing, so I have no clue :-/
Quote fail

No withdrawing. There's hope now.[/QUOTE]

Lol liking my comment as if I meant it.

I'm with you there!
Still, an interview invite would be better... ;)

Definitely. Though I wouldnt mind a acceptance too :D
Have you heard back from anywhere? Best of luck to you! I remember starting out this cycle and seeing your post everywhere lol...

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you heard back from anywhere? Best of luck to you! I remember starting out this cycle and seeing your post everywhere lol...
Thanks! I've been very fortunate to recieve interviews at two schools but they turned into waitlists. Hope your cycle has been going well.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks! I've been very fortunate to recieve interviews at two schools but they turned into waitlists. Hope your cycle has been going well.
Hoping you get off soon! Two waitlists isn't too bad :)

You honestly don't need any. It's really straight forward.

Can anyone elaborate on how many of each event there are in the MMI? (without violating confidentiality)?

For example: 3 one on one, 3 teamwork, 3 interview style, 3 actor?

Can anyone elaborate on how many of each event there are in the MMI? (without violating confidentiality)?

For example: 3 one on one, 3 teamwork, 3 interview style, 3 actor?
I don't think we're allowed to say, but you'll soon receive an email that will address this question in detail. That being said, you have nothing to worry about, it is honestly a lot of fun. Just be yourself and let your inner self come out. Good luck.

I know of 2 people in particular who received interview invitations for UCD in March from previous years. it's so difficult to officially determine when it's "over." So take what you read on sdn with a grain of salt and just hope for the best everyone. Who knows how this process works honestly, especially in cali

I know of 2 people in particular who received interview invitations for UCD in March from previous years. it's so difficult to officially determine when it's "over." So take what you read on sdn with a grain of salt and just hope for the best everyone. Who knows how this process works honestly, especially in cali
Just to clarify, did you mean that they got the invite in March or that the interview was in March?

Anyone know how many people they waitlist? And how much waitlist movement there is after April 30th?

Reactions: 1 users
Would not signing up for a student-run clinic tour hurt an applicant's chances?

How do we decline an interview invite? I can't seem to find the withdraw button on the portal?

How do we decline an interview invite? I can't seem to find the withdraw button on the portal?
I believe you send them a message via the online portal to decline your interview. Good luck!

Last edited:
Anyone else complete beginning of July and been in the dark ever since? It's lonely in here.

Reactions: 10 users
Any current student or admitted student know if there is a significant difference between being put on the interview waitlist/hold and not hearing back at all (pre-II)?

Anyone else complete beginning of July and been in the dark ever since? It's lonely in here.
Hang on tight! There is hope :) I was completed since beginning of July as well and I just got an II yesterday. But for various reasons, I think I will have to withdraw and not attend the interview. Hoping it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone gotten a pre-II rejection? Or do they wait until the end of the cycle?

Has anyone gotten a pre-II rejection? Or do they wait until the end of the cycle?

I suggest using the search feature at the top and selecting to only include results from this thread. Looks like lots of pre-secondary rejections and post-II rejections. I didn't bother looking very closely, so I'm not sure about post-secondary, pre-II rejections.

Well, I'm going to take this rejection and kindly say, fuqq you UCD. Best of luck to those still in the running!

Still hoping to get pulled off the II waitlist...

Sorry to those recently rejected :( would you guys please share when you were complete?

I have no idea what the exact number is, but I was told by a current student that it is significantly less than UCSD's hold list.

Think if we aren't on the hold list at this point that we are in the rejection pile?