2016-2017 University of California - Davis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected earlier this afternoon. Complete some time earlier this cycle. This was my last school.

Members don't see this ad.

Think if we aren't on the hold list at this point that we are in the rejection pile?

I have no clue, but it would be nice to know what the exact difference is and if they plan on giving out interviews to both groups.

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected Pre-II, finished back early August

Members don't see this ad :)
So I suppose that might be a good sign for those of us on the interview waitlist?

I would hope so, but one can never be too sure. I wish they were a bit more transparent about what that status means.

I would hope so, but one can never be too sure. I wish they were a bit more transparent about what that status means.
i'm surprised to not have heard of any applicants getting an interview off the interview-waitlist(on SDN) --considering the email said it would begin pulling people off the list in January.

i'm surprised to not have heard of any applicants getting an interview off the interview-waitlist(on SDN) --considering the email said it would begin pulling people off the list in January.

I thought the same thing; could be that they are a little behind. After hearing that one comment about interviews in April and May I'd say that we still have a chance. However, it would be nice if we were updated on the matter.

Can someone check how many open interview dates are left? Has anyone called the office for updates on when the last IIs are going to be sent?

:blackeye::nailbiting:

Rejected earlier today pre-II. Completed secondary back in late August. LizzyM ~ 74, IS.

Today I got my first acceptance of the cycle, and Davis was my favorite place of the 5 places I've interviewed so far! Sending good thoughts your way everyone!

Completed in October
Interview on Jan 20th

Reactions: 8 users
Today I got my first acceptance of the cycle, and Davis was my favorite place of the 5 places I've interviewed so far! Sending good thoughts your way everyone!

Completed in October
Interview on Jan 20th
Congrats! Did you get the call this morning?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just finished UCD interview! It was interesting to say least

So if we don't hear back on the 2 fridays after the interview, can I assume I'm either waitlisted or rejected

So if we don't hear back on the 2 fridays after the interview, can I assume I'm either waitlisted or rejected

Yes, unfortunately. People from the interview 2 weeks ago who got accepted already heard.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

did secondary like in aug... still no word... man... what a bummer.

man .. so depressing...
secondary done in late aug.. and nothing back from the...

Rejected just now, good luck everyone!

Rejected post secondary. Complete late August. GOOD luck guys!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interesting...the UC Davis application website says they finish giving out IIs in January, but it seems applicants are still receiving them. Keeping the hope alive! Been complete since June....absolute silence since.

How was it? :O

It was cool! A little stressful but that's the nature of the MMI. I had the opportunity to sit in a class about endocrinology and the students were SO nice and welcoming!! There is a very distinct collaborative nature to The class was awesome! Med school seems a great experience!

Reactions: 1 users
It was cool! A little stressful but that's the nature of the MMI. I had the opportunity to sit in a class about endocrinology and the students were SO nice and welcoming!! There is a very distinct collaborative nature to The class was awesome! Med school seems a great experience!
So jealous that you were able to sit in on a lecture. I would have loved to do that when I interviewed. Good luck come decision time!!! :)

Last edited:
Has anyone one who interviewed on Jan 20th heard back yet? I saw that one person said they got accepted (congrats!) but I don't know if anyone's been informed that they've been rejected/waitlisted.

It's been over two weeks and the wait is killing me!

Has anyone one who interviewed on Jan 20th heard back yet? I saw that one person said they got accepted (congrats!) but I don't know if anyone's been informed that they've been rejected/waitlisted.

It's been over two weeks and the wait is killing me!

You should email them
I heard back from Jan 20th this Monday

Has anyone from the Jan 27th group heard anything today? I see previous posts that say that the calls usually go out on Thursday. Im really hoping that they are a day late and will call tomorrow!

Has anyone from the Jan 27th group heard anything today? I see previous posts that say that the calls usually go out on Thursday. Im really hoping that they are a day late and will call tomorrow!
I hope so also, for your sake. Good luck.

Has anyone on the interview waitlist received an interview? Has anyone called to ask what this status actually means? I have not been successful in finding out.

Rejected today. Complete 7/4. This one really stung :(

Has anyone who interviewed on 1/27 heard back yet? I have been checking my phone and email all day!!! Nothing yet. No news is good news, I guess. At least that is what I tell myself.