2016-2017 University of California - Davis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am also having this issue. I called in and they recommended I send a screen shot of the error page that they will forward to the IT department. I sent to the email address in the invite. Glad to know its not just user error on my part :)

Congrats! Were you also on hold?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also having this issue. I called in and they recommended I send a screen shot of the error page that they will forward to the IT department. I sent to the email address in the invite. Glad to know its not just user error on my part :)
it started working for me, if you want to try checking yours now

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how much longer they plan on handing out IIs? I have been on hold for quite some time.

I am not sure if someone has asked this before (couldn't find it when I looked earlier in the thread) but what has been people's experience interviewing here?

I am not sure if someone has asked this before (couldn't find it when I looked earlier in the thread) but what has been people's experience interviewing here?

I enjoyed my experience. The day is short and to the point without the normal BS, which I appreciated. The MMI was fun and went by quick, of the MMI's I did it was my favorite set up.

Reactions: 2 users
dear Jesus god, I haven't hear anything from them.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted via phone call yesterday morning! Interviewed 2/10. I got the best vibe during my UCDavis interview relative to other interviews. It just felt so much like home. The students really seemed like a giant family and Dr. Sousa was so warm and welcoming. I was ecstatic. I'd also like to add how much I appreciate their response time. Dr. Sousa said we'd hear back within two weeks and sure enough I heard back 13 days later.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted via phone call yesterday morning! Interviewed 2/10. I got the best vibe during my UCDavis interview relative to other interviews. It just felt so much like home. The students really seemed like a giant family and Dr. Sousa was so warm and welcoming. I was ecstatic.
Congrats!! =) You must be ecstatic!

Accepted via phone call yesterday morning! Interviewed 2/10. I got the best vibe during my UCDavis interview relative to other interviews. It just felt so much like home. The students really seemed like a giant family and Dr. Sousa was so warm and welcoming. I was ecstatic. I'd also like to add how much I appreciate their response time. Dr. Sousa said we'd hear back within two weeks and sure enough I heard back 13 days later.

I reported ur post to the moderator.... Please kindly decline ur acceptance at Davis .. so I could get in! thanks !
LOL jk... congrats! At least some of us are getting lucky! you deserve it man! Celebrate and enjoy your break!

Interviewed yesterday, it was so much more fun and relaxed than I was expecting. Now I have that post interview dread

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
rejected.... my heart sunk in ... Saddest news ever... dam it.. dam it... damit!

Rejected today as well after silence since July. This one was stings even though it was expected, because it means that not a single UC gave me an interview :/ ah well.

I submitted my secondary in early October and still waiting to hear back. I've read that they do not accept updates but I really want to send one. Any advice?

Anybody knows the email I can send it to? No one ever answers admissions phone.

I don't know if that's advisable since they explicitly say no updates pre-II. best case scenario, they'd just toss it; worst case, it might reflect poorly upon you.

I've been complete since the end of June with no decision, so I understand the frustration though.

I submitted my secondary in early October and still waiting to hear back. I've read that they do not accept updates but I really want to send one. Any advice?

Anybody knows the email I can send it to? No one ever answers admissions phone.

I know it's frustrating to wait patiently, uhoping for some love from the admissions committee. It might be tempting to send in an update to show genuine interest in their program, but since they have explicitly stated that they do not accept pre-interview update I would advise you to NOT send in an update. You don't want them to think that you can't follow instructions or that you think you are above the rules. Honestly, I believe the update would cause more harm than good. Just my 2 cents, hope it helps.

Called them today... The person I talked to said that they'll be sending II's till March 10/11.... Does anyone know if they have an interview for one of those days? the last time I called they said they're sending them out until the last interview day is full, so I'm guessing March 10/11 is their interview day?

Ugh the anticipation is killing me

Called them today... The person I talked to said that they'll be sending II's till March 10/11.... Does anyone know if they have an interview for one of those days? the last time I called they said they're sending them out until the last interview day is full, so I'm guessing March 10/11 is their interview day?

Ugh the anticipation is killing me

i have an interview for the 10th

i have an interview for the 10th

Ah, so my theory is correct... Oh man, that's so soon. I'm guessing they won't be sending me one then... Good luck to you and Congrats on the interview!

Ah, so my theory is correct... Oh man, that's so soon. I'm guessing they won't be sending me one then... Good luck to you and Congrats on the interview!

The last time I called they mentioned sending interviews throughout March.

Anyone from the "interview waitlist" had any movement out there?

Status has been "Complete" since the end of June...never changed to "Interview Hold/Waitlist" but I have not been rejected yet. Davis is playing with my emotions LOL

I just answered my own question on how the waitlist occurs (the acceptance waitlist not the interview waitlist). I went to read the past years SDN threads and basically people on the waitlist will get ranked and about 10-20% of the final accepted class are from the waitlist. The idea that 40-50% were from the waitlist occurred only in 1 year long ago, not the last 3 years ago. If someone knows more info, please let me know. :)

Status has been "Complete" since the end of June...never changed to "Interview Hold/Waitlist" but I have not been rejected yet. Davis is playing with my emotions LOL
Lol same!! Since like August 1st or something. Jesus, Davis, give me something!!

I just answered my own question on how the waitlist occurs (the acceptance waitlist not the interview waitlist). I went to read the past years SDN threads and basically people on the waitlist will get ranked and about 10-20% of the final accepted class are from the waitlist. The idea that 40-50% were from the waitlist occurred only in 1 year long ago, not the last 3 years ago. If someone knows more info, please let me know. :)
So, for a class size of roughly 100 students that matriculate, only 10-20 of them were waitlisted prior to receiving an acceptance? We keep hearing that UC Davis has good waitlist movement in May, but if the size of the waitlist is typically 100-150, that suggests that those 10-20 seats change hands quite a few times. Hopefully that's true, but it seems unlikely to me.

So, for a class size of roughly 100 students that matriculate, only 10-20 of them were waitlisted prior to receiving an acceptance? We keep hearing that UC Davis has good waitlist movement in May, but if the size of the waitlist is typically 100-150, that suggests that those 10-20 seats change hands quite a few times. Hopefully that's true, but it seems unlikely to me.

Yes. Since it's ranked, they do the ranking close to April 30th based on a previous post. So all of us in the waitlist won't be ranked until then. Which makes sense, since they will rank only once instead of working more and ranking each time someone gets added on the waitlist.

Lol same!! Since like August 1st or something. Jesus, Davis, give me something!!

I do not think there is much of a difference between the two statuses. They do not seem to be offering interviews to those of us on the interview waitlist either.

Just received an interview invite for Teach MS although I haven't heard back from Davis. I hope this is a good sign!

Just received an interview invite for Teach MS although I haven't heard back from Davis. I hope this is a good sign!

Congrats! When did you interview for regular uc Davis?
Or do you mean you haven't heard from uc Davis at all about an interview? Which is weird bc they say you gotta be admitted first to uc Davis medical school before interviewing at a track.

Congrats! When did you interview for regular uc Davis?
Or do you mean you haven't heard from uc Davis at all about an interview? Which is weird bc they say you gotta be admitted first to uc Davis medical school before interviewing at a track.

Thank you! I interviewed on 2/24! The email mentions that they are aware that I'm still waiting on an admission decision, so I don't think this is a sign of being accepted, but I'm hoping this means they like me! Haha

Thank you! I interviewed on 2/24! The email mentions that they are aware that I'm still waiting on an admission decision, so I don't think this is a sign of being accepted, but I'm hoping this means they like me! Haha

Oh wow. That is a good sign! I think you're in already and should receive an acceptance 2 weeks from your interview date :]

Oh wow. That is a good sign! I think you're in already and should receive an acceptance 2 weeks from your interview date :]
That would be amazing! I was going to say I don't want to get my hopes up but it's far too late now lol :)

I also had my interview 2/24. I really loved my experience and the MMIs were super fun! Waiting is definitely the hardest part. Will be keeping my phone on me Thurs 3/9 for sure.

No II for me since being on hold since August. Please someone give me theirs :D

I guess I'm just starting to get paranoid lol if you check your portal and click on the message center tab, do you see any others emails other than the email saying that they received the primary and another one saying congrats we reviewed your primary here's our secondary? I feel like there should be one more confirming that the secondary was submitted. I did receive that email its just not reflected in the message center tab. I've been complete and nothing but silence since late June :whistle:

I guess I'm just starting to get paranoid lol if you check your portal and click on the message center tab, do you see any others emails other than the email saying that they received the primary and another one saying congrats we reviewed your primary here's our secondary? I feel like there should be one more confirming that the secondary was submitted. I did receive that email its just not reflected in the message center tab. I've been complete and nothing but silence since late June :whistle:

If it will ease your paranoia, this is what my portal looks like:
Davis Portal.png