2016-2017 University of California - Davis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed on 1/27 heard back yet? I have been checking my phone and email all day!!! Nothing yet. No news is good news, I guess. At least that is what I tell myself.
I'm wondering the same thing. I also interviewed on Jan 27. Unfortunately, in this case I think no news is bad news.

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone interviewing for the ACE-PC program this week? I didn't realize that it's not only an interview for the medical program, but you'll also be interviewing for residency. Not sure how to prepare for that

DEAR GOD!!!! did secondary sometime in aug/nov!! Still havenot heard a word.... DAVIS why have u forsaken me... I gave u my life! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted! Join us on the facebook page :) https://www.facebook.com/groups/1629316884031194/

And good luck to those of you still waiting! I know this is such a long and arduous process!

the facebook group is like 190 ppl LOL.... if we say 50 are ppl from class of 2020... then that is still 140 seats filled...

hell ... even if 100 of that was class of 2020 .. 90 seats have been already filled... man this is looking bleak.

please god... please ... just give me ann interview to shine

day 166: No emails... I feel dead inside... Everything I have worked for comes to this one moment where it has not panned out. I am not sure where to go after this? It was a lot of energy... for nothing. I now listen to music to drown out the throbbing thought of failing... I watch cartoons to blind myself from the burning bunsen of reality. Idk . I just dont know.. Please god. Show me the light. Show me a sign.
UCD_seal.png

day 166: No emails... I feel dead inside... Everything I have worked for comes to this one moment where it has not panned out. I am not sure where to go after this? It was a lot of energy... for nothing. I now listen to music to drown out the throbbing thought of failing... I watch cartoons to blind myself from the burning bunsen of reality. Idk . I just dont know.. Please god. Show me the light. Show me a sign.
UCD_seal.png
First, if you need to talk with someone feel free to pm me. Second, you are not a failure. This process is difficult and trying at times for a great majority, if not all, applicants. There are so many aspects that are out of our hands as applicants. If this application season doesn't pan out and you truly desire to become a physician than dust yourself off, assess the weaknesses in your application and reapply when you're ready. Whatever you do don't feel your unsuccessful application year is a reflection on you being a failure because this couldn't be further from three truth. My mother has always said that if you can control a situation there is no use worrying, just fix the problem and if you can't control it than why worry? You've done your part, now it's in the hands of the admissions committee so don't stress yourself out over something you have no control over. Chin up! I have faith that you will reach your goal someday :).

Reactions: 6 users
:( I JUST received an email. I was wait-listed. I interviewed on 1/27.
Good luck everyone!

Did anyone else hear back too? Anyone got in?!?

Last edited:
:( I JUST received an email. I was wait-listed. I interviewed on 1/27.
Good luck everyone!

Did anyone else hear back too? Anyone got in?!?
I just received an email too. Waitlisted! I'll take it and hope for the best!

Anyone know how much the waitlist has moved in previous years?

I'm on the interview waitlist and haven't heard anything since December when they said they would notify us in January. Has anyone else from that list heard anything?

I'm on the interview waitlist and haven't heard anything since December when they said they would notify us in January. Has anyone else from that list heard anything?

Have been on that list since last year as well. Haven't heard a peep :/

Members don't see this ad :)
damn? there is a waitlist after interview ???? DEAR GOD HELP US> i do not even have an interview... .wow just wow.

damn? there is a waitlist after interview ???? DEAR GOD HELP US> i do not even have an interview... .wow just wow.

I was referring to the interview waitlist pre-II, which is different than getting waitlisted post-interview. I do not think any of us really know if there is a significant advantage if you are put on the interview waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone called to ask when they stop handing out IIs?

Has anyone called to ask when they stop handing out IIs?

I called them about a week or two ago and they said that they have one final interview day to fill and that they'll keep sending out IIs until that day is its all booked up. When I asked for an estimate date for when IIs end, the admissions person said that they've been giving out time frames that have been wrong this past cycle so they weren't going to give me an estimate since it wouldn't be accurate lol.... And then she also said if we haven't heard anything then they're stilling review our app.

BASICALLY SIT TIGHT AND PRAY THEY GET TO YOUR APP BEFORE THEY FILL UP THE LAST DAY LOL....

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I called them about a week or two ago and they said that they have one final interview day to fill and that they'll keep sending out IIs until that day is its all booked up. When I asked for an estimate date for when IIs end, the admissions person said that they've been giving out time frames that have been wrong this past cycle so they weren't going to give me an estimate since it wouldn't be accurate lol.... And then she also said if we haven't heard anything then they're stilling review our app.

BASICALLY SIT TIGHT AND PRAY THEY GET TO YOUR APP BEFORE THEY FILL UP THE LAST DAY LOL....

Well that is reassuring lol. I wonder how many people they are still reviewing...

Well that is reassuring lol. I wonder how many people they are still reviewing...

Yea, I've been wondering that too. I saw someone with my complete date get rejected last week but I still haven't heard anything so I can't figure out how they're reviewing us or how many of us are still being "reviewed" lol

Yea, I've been wondering that too. I saw someone with my complete date get rejected last week but I still haven't heard anything so I can't figure out how they're reviewing us or how many of us are still being "reviewed" lol

I haven't heard anything since July. I hope my app hasn't gotten lost in a crevice somewhere...

Reactions: 3 users
aight guys... what does a rejection letter look like ? cus i want to see if its in my inbox somewhere and i just accidentally missed it.. so what keywords to search for ?

aight guys... what does a rejection letter look like ? cus i want to see if its in my inbox somewhere and i just accidentally missed it.. so what keywords to search for ?

I would imagine, "UC Davis" would be suffice to find the email lol Or the email address would work too. If you click on the portal and look in the messages section any small the send you is also in there.

Sounds extremely disorganized lol...

Has anyone not heard ANYTHING post-interview? Except that financial aid email the Monday following the interview...

Starting to wonder whether my app is lost too.. It's going to be 4 weeks since my interview, tomorrow!

Has anyone not heard ANYTHING post-interview? Except that financial aid email the Monday following the interview...

Starting to wonder whether my app is lost too.. It's going to be 4 weeks since my interview, tomorrow!
Check the portal because you should have heard something by now. Good luck!

Check the portal because you should have heard something by now. Good luck!

Thank you, abtl31! I check the portal almost religiously lol, the last message I have is the 'Post Interview' one

Yeah I'm in the exact same situation. Interviewed on 1-20-17 and I haven't heard anything back. Did you apply to any of the PRIME programs? I'm hoping that's the reason for the delay lol

Yeah I'm in the exact same situation. Interviewed on 1-20-17 and I haven't heard anything back. Did you apply to any of the PRIME programs? I'm hoping that's the reason for the delay lol

Yeah same here, Jan 20th. I did apply to PRIME, but I know others who interviewed that same day and also applied to PRIME that were accepted and others who were waitlisted. So idk what to make of this.

Do you know if we have to get accepted to UC Davis first then PRIME will make a decision, or the other way around? Or are they independent of each other?

Yeah same here, Jan 20th. I did apply to PRIME, but I know others who interviewed that same day and also applied to PRIME that were accepted and others who were waitlisted. So idk what to make of this.

Do you know if we have to get accepted to UC Davis first then PRIME will make a decision, or the other way around? Or are they independent of each other?

From what I remember, you get accepted to UC Davis first and then they consider you for PRIME admission.

From what I remember, you get accepted to UC Davis first and then they consider you for PRIME admission.
Does anybody have statistics about this or any other school (# o: f applicants/interviews/acceptance/matriculated/ ...) ? There are some school sites that provide this info; some others, do not.

Does anybody have statistics about this or any other school (# o: f applicants/interviews/acceptance/matriculated/ ...) ? There are some school sites that provide this info; some others, do not.

MSAR

According to the info they released to interviewees: ~500 interviews, ~210 accepted (i believe 100 is from the waitlist), 110 matriculate.

i applied to literally all the UCs and was rejected to all pre-interview. Davis is my last hope!!!! OMG freaking out cause there is just one more interview day left to fill up. FINGERS CROSSED :xf::xf:

WL by e-mail this afternoon 5 PM PST. LizzyM 74, IS, interviewed in February!

Does anyone know if not having heard ANYTHING to this point is reassuring or no? I see that people got rejected this week, but I have just had silence since my app was complete in August. Not expecting to hear good things but it seems like there is still a small glimmer of hope so I'd appreciate some input

Does anyone know if not having heard ANYTHING to this point is reassuring or no? I see that people got rejected this week, but I have just had silence since my app was complete in August. Not expecting to hear good things but it seems like there is still a small glimmer of hope so I'd appreciate some input
It's not over yet. Don't lose hope. Good luck!

i applied to literally all the UCs and was rejected to all pre-interview. Davis is my last hope!!!! OMG freaking out cause there is just one more interview day left to fill up. FINGERS CROSSED :xf::xf:

I am in the exact same boat!

Has anyone from past interview dates not hear back ANYTHING yet? (i.e. no email, or call, or acceptance/rejection/waitlist after 4 weeks)

Has anyone from past interview dates not hear back ANYTHING yet? (i.e. no email, or call, or acceptance/rejection/waitlist after 4 weeks)
Honestly, I would call someone at this point and politely state your situation. Everyone is beyond friendly so I am sure they would be willing to help you.

1 more interview day??
Hoping for that II oof

wow super surprised. received an II this afternoon after being on hold since September/October. LizzyM 73-75

I am trying to schedule the interview but the page is not properly loading on the site - is anyone having this issue?

Last edited:
wow super surprised. received an II this afternoon after being on hold since October or November. LizzyM 73-75

I am trying to schedule the interview but the page is not properly loading on the site - is anyone having this issue?

GIVE ME YOUR II

wow super surprised. received an II this afternoon after being on hold since September/October. LizzyM 73-75

I am also having this issue. I called in and they recommended I send a screen shot of the error page that they will forward to the IT department. I sent to the email address in the invite. Glad to know its not just user error on my part :)

I am also having this issue. I called in and they recommended I send a screen shot of the error page that they will forward to the IT department. I sent to the email address in the invite. Glad to know its not just user error on my part :)

that's a relief to know haha. thanks!!