2016-2017 University of California - Riverside Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So sorry about that! Do you think she meant that those of us complete in September should have heard by now as well?
Thank you. No, I don't think so. I think it was a fluke. I am sure there are varied response times, based on individual applications. My test scores were lower, so I was pretty sure the silence was probably a rejection just waiting for me.....and not a "we are undecided on her for now." lol. I'm a non-trad applicant... If I had a better MCAT score, I would have probably waited it out. It seems to be a big waiting game! Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad.

Interview invite!!!!!!!! First one. Complete early August LM 66-68. IS

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 10 users
how long does Riverside take to get back to you after an interview?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you. No, I don't think so. I think it was a fluke. I am sure there are varied response times, based on individual applications. My test scores were lower, so I was pretty sure the silence was probably a rejection just waiting for me.....and not a "we are undecided on her for now." lol. I'm a non-trad applicant... If I had a better MCAT score, I would have probably waited it out. It seems to be a big waiting game! Best of luck to you!

Lol, I see. Best of luck on the remainder of the cycle! :)

Hey everyone, MS2 here at UCR.

If you have any questions about UCR, my experience, etc. please feel free to reach out!

Best of luck to all of you!
Hi any advice for the interview?
How is your experience so far?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an in state applicant, verified in early September an hadn't heard anything either. I called the admissions department today. They were super friendly and helpful, but unfortunately, she delivered a "your application review is complete, and the committee didn't move forward with your application." She said that I should have received something by now, and wasn't sure why I hadn't been notified. She then sent me the rejection email. Super bummed, but at least now I know. They did say that they are interviewing through March though. So, I don't think it is too late to receive a secondary, and I hope you do. Best of luck!
What admissions number did you call? I haven't heard anything after my secondary in early Sept. and emailed them in the end of October and didn't hear anything back. I called today and left a message for Ms. Clawson and no answer twice or call back yet, it's driving me crazy waiting!

What admissions number did you call? I haven't heard anything after my secondary in early Sept. and emailed them in the end of October and didn't hear anything back. I called today and left a message for Ms. Clawson and no answer twice or call back yet, it's driving me crazy waiting!
Congrats to you on getting a secondary. My rejection was pre-secondary. I called that same number, for Ms Clawson, and I got through on my first try. She was lovely. I hope you are able to get through! Best of luck to you!

Congrats to you on getting a secondary. My rejection was pre-secondary. I called that same number, for Ms Clawson, and I got through on my first try. She was lovely. I hope you are able to get through! Best of luck to you!
I guess I'll keep trying, thank you so much! Good luck with the rest of your cycle!

Reactions: 1 user
Interview invite today!! By the time I checked, December was all full. Only 2 dates left are in January.

Reactions: 1 users
Any tips on how to prepare for this interview?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Ahhh got a secondary! I know it's late in the game but I sent in my primary super late. I'm beyond grateful for it :)

Reactions: 2 users
Ahhh got a secondary! I know it's late in the game but I sent in my primary super late. I'm beyond grateful for it :)
From what it sounds like, they are pretty picky about those so good job!

I know friends who are currently students at UCR SOM who got acceptances within 2 weeks after interviews. I also know friends who didn't get their acceptance until over 3 months after the interview. So it really varies. If I am not mistaken, UCR doesn't send post-interview rejection e-mails until the end of the cycle (May-June).

Anyone hear back from the 11/19 interview?

Accepted! Interviewed 11/19! Still in shock and so so grateful!

Reactions: 11 users
Long-time lurker of this thread, first-time poster. I've been complete since late September , but still no II :(. Would it be okay to call admissions and ask for a status update? I know someone previously posted that they called admissions and was given an update pre-secondary.

Long-time lurker of this thread, first-time poster. I've been complete since late September , but still no II :(. Would it be okay to call admissions and ask for a status update? I know someone previously posted that they called admissions and was given an update pre-secondary.

I am not sure if it is OK to do it, but I did it anyway out of curiosity! They were super friendly and helpful. Best of luck to you!

Does anyone know where they are with IIs? Seems like the last batch of IIs went out to people complete in August.

Question: Are you technically on the waitlist if you don't hear back after two weeks from the interview?

My bad, skimmed that post. Did not register that you were asking about post secondary rejections.
wasn't- someone else was though :).

i am also curious as to how many IIs they'll send out before xmas though! maybe a few more?

I'm very surprised about the lack of interview invites that seem to have been sent out so far. Hopefully we can all take this as a good sign and that UCR is just taking their time. How many Inland Empire applicants do we have on here and what are your stats (interviewed or not)?

Reactions: 1 users
I'm very surprised about the lack of interview invites that seem to have been sent out so far. Hopefully we can all take this as a good sign and that UCR is just taking their time. How many Inland Empire applicants do we have on here and what are your stats (interviewed or not)?

anyone complete in September receive an II yet?

Reactions: 2 users
For everyone still waiting for an II, what does it say on your portal under interview notes?