2016-2017 University of Cincinnati Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those that applied MD, did your portal update to reflect interviews/admissions decisions? Mine has never changed since I submitted my secondary (for MSTP). So hopefully if it's down they're fixing that!

Members don't see this ad.

@whistleberries I'm wondering the same thing. I got rejected from MSTP months ago but would love to know where I stand with regards to an MD interview.

Reactions: 1 user
For those that applied MD, did your portal update to reflect interviews/admissions decisions? Mine has never changed since I submitted my secondary (for MSTP). So hopefully if it's down they're fixing that!

Probably just an MSTP thing, my portal (MD only) has been updated to show interview and admissions status.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted to the MSTP yesterday! One of my top choices

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone who interviewed 11/30 hear anything yet? Or know when we are supposed to hear back?

Does anyone know when merit-based aid scholarships are given out?

Does anyone know when merit-based aid scholarships are given out?
I think they said that they give them out to about 15% of the incoming class in my interview, but it was a long time ago, so I could be wrong

Accepted Wednesday! UC is my dream school and I am ecstatic to be in the new class!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm working on the financial aid app now, and I need to fill out a form thats asking for my Student ID. Does anyone know where I can find that? Thanks!

I'm working on the financial aid app now, and I need to fill out a form thats asking for my Student ID. Does anyone know where I can find that? Thanks!

MedOneStop portal, go to "update my profile" and it should say your M number there.

I'm not sure when they reject, but the last interview date is next Friday so I'd imagine the last invites would go out by the end of this week.

How do you know that's the last interview date?

When I filled out my post-interview survey you had to pick your interview day and I think the last available option was in January? Anyone else remember that?

edit: just re-checked, last date you can pick is 1/13.

When I filled out my post-interview survey you had to pick your interview day and I think the last available option was in January? Anyone else remember that?

edit: just re-checked, last date you can pick is 1/13.

Yeah, I'm 100% sure that next Friday the 13th is the last interview day that they have planned.

That seems pretty early to be wrapping up interview season... UC must be really on top of it from an admissions standpoint to be able to do that. I guess using the MMI allows them to interview more candidates at a quicker rate. @Lannister , do you know how many interview days there were total?

That seems pretty early to be wrapping up interview season... UC must be really on top of it from an admissions standpoint to be able to do that. I guess using the MMI allows them to interview more candidates at a quicker rate. @Lannister , do you know how many interview days there were total?

I think their goal this year was to start earlier and get done earlier, and it seems like they succeeded! I'm not actually sure how many interview days there were in total.

After I got the interview invite, I confirmed online and entered text regarding the questions they asked as required. But then when I went back to the page, after submitting, it's letting me submit new answers. Is this common, or does it mean the first submission didnt go through?

Do most people at the school find roommates or live alone? I realize it's early to be thinking about housing, I'm just so excited for next year already!

Reactions: 1 users
Do most people at the school find roommates or live alone? I realize it's early to be thinking about housing, I'm just so excited for next year already!

Nah definitely not too early! I feel like most people I know live with a roommate but there are plenty of people who live alone as well.

Nah definitely not too early! I feel like most people I know live with a roommate but there are plenty of people who live alone as well.

Awesome, thank you! :) When I interviewed, my tour guide said there was housing within walking distance. Do many students live on campus or do a lot drive?

Awesome, thank you! :) When I interviewed, my tour guide said there was housing within walking distance. Do many students live on campus or do a lot drive?

So no one technically lives "on campus" because there aren't dorms or anything, but tons of people (including myself) live within walking distance of school. I would say that most people drive, but I'm a big fan of walking since I save a couple hundred bucks on parking passes by walking.

Edit: if you want recommendations for places nearby, feel free to message me. I won't post here since I don't really wanna post publicly about where I live haha.

Reactions: 1 users
@Lannister are you entirely sure about the interview process ending? If so, please explain to me why on my status page it explicitly states that it runs through March. Thanks

@Lannister are you entirely sure about the interview process ending? If so, please explain to me why on my status page it explicitly states that it runs through March. Thanks

"Our last MMI of the year will take place next Friday, January 13th from 8:45am-12:05pm."

There's a possibility this was a mistake but I doubt it.

The March thing on the portal is likely from previous years when the interview season ran later.

I believe I heard during my interview that this school's alternate list has relatively no movement, can anyone else confirm?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

At my interview day they said it varies by year but last year <5 got in off the alternate list

Baffled as to why I haven't gotten a rejection yet if their last round of interviews finished up last week? Bonus, I didn't even submit here till like Halloween.

Baffled as to why I haven't gotten a rejection yet if their last round of interviews finished up last week? Bonus, I didn't even submit here till like Halloween.

Haha, never mind- literally ten minutes later, rejection email! Best of luck everyone!

Did they say the <5 figure at your interview or did you hear it from another source?
During my interview day, they said only 1 person moved off the wait list last year. If I remember correctly, they said it's never been more than 18 people that moved off. They do rank the wait list later on.

During my interview day, they said only 1 person moved off the wait list last year. If I remember correctly, they said it's never been more than 18 people that moved off. They do rank the wait list later on.
Wow that is bleak.

Last edited:
Same same, yesterday as well, OOS. Good luck everyone!