2016-2017 University of South Carolina - Greenville Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has any ED applicants gotten a acceptance call?

I believe my cousin just hired a nanny who is an ED applicant here. She is working as a nanny for her gap year, and I am told that she received her phone call friday. Take it for what it is worth, as I am a little skeptical of that info as they aren't supposed to let out that info until Oct. 1st. I did ED last year and they called me on like the 27th of September. So they do let you know a little early, but idk as to how early.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got an II, was complete around mid-August

I guess this is this their first year doing MMI? Anyone who's already interviewed have any input or advice on how to prepare? MMI's seem stressful! Lol

Did we have to submit a photo with our secondary? I can't remember

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind sharing your stats?
I know you didn't ask me, but Greenville is one of the less picky schools regarding stats if you're concerned about that! I got an II and ultimately waitlisted then rejected last year with a 3.6 and a 501. I have an interview this year with a 3.75 and a 506. I feel like they really want to know you aside from your scores & I am beyond excited about another opportunity to interview here.

Advice needed!! I submitted my secondary on Aug. 30. I have received II's from USC Columbia and MUSC. MCAT score is 504 GPA 3.7 with good EC's, and I'm a SC resident etc... Should I be getting worried about Greenville? I received the other interview invites relatively fast. At what point is it appropriate to email admissions about status? Thanks!

Advice needed!! I submitted my secondary on Aug. 30. I have received II's from USC Columbia and MUSC. MCAT score is 504 GPA 3.7 with good EC's, and I'm a SC resident etc... Should I be getting worried about Greenville? I received the other interview invites relatively fast. At what point is it appropriate to email admissions about status? Thanks!
It's still early in the cycle. Schools operate differently and on different schedules especially around this time when all the apps come in. I've already received an II from here and MUSC, but not Columbia yet. I would wait until at least the end of the month before I asked for an update.

It's still early in the cycle. Schools operate differently and on different schedules especially around this time when all the apps come in. I've already received an II from here and MUSC, but not Columbia yet. I would wait until at least the end of the month before I asked for an update.
Thanks so much!!

II today! In state, complete 8/30. So excited!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
II around 9 this morning! Complete late August/early September, OOS w/ in-state ties, LizzyM 78-80.

Just got accepted!!!! This is the best day ever!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed last Monday and just waiting to hear something from Greenville. Can't tell if no news is good or bad news...

Interviewed last Monday and just waiting to hear something from Greenville. Can't tell if no news is good or bad news...

Yeah haven't heard anything yet either

Last edited:
Got the continuing to evaluate email. Disappointed for sure, but at least it isn't a rejection.

I guess this is this their first year doing MMI? Anyone who's already interviewed have any input or advice on how to prepare? MMI's seem stressful! Lol

There are a ton of youtube videos and practice questions online. That is what I used to get a better idea.

Is there a status check for this school? & are the chances for OOS with no ties to get an II low?

Is there a status check for this school? & are the chances for OOS with no ties to get an II low?
No, there is no status check. USC Greenville has the highest acceptance rate of OOS students in the state but it is still not that high. Check the MSAR for the exact numbers.

No, there is no status check. USC Greenville has the highest acceptance rate of OOS students in the state but it is still not that high. Check the MSAR for the exact numbers.
Does the status block just remain blank the entire time?

Does the status block just remain blank the entire time?
If I recall correctly there is no "status block" per ce. They email you when your app is complete and you can return to your portal to send an update, but the only status updates they send are through email or over the phone.

Someone else please correct me if I am wrong, though.

If I recall correctly there is no "status block" per ce. They email you when your app is complete and you can return to your portal to send an update, but the only status updates they send are through email or over the phone.

Someone else please correct me if I am wrong, though.

For mine, in the application summary, at the lower right, there's a box that says Status and it's blank. I don't know if that eventually gets filled up or just remains blank.

For mine, in the application summary, at the lower right, there's a box that says Status and it's blank. I don't know if that eventually gets filled up or just remains blank.
Oh, you're right. However, I've been accepted and mine is also blank. I'm not sure what that is for.

Oh, you're right. However, I've been accepted and mine is also blank. I'm not sure what that is for.
How long did it take for you to go from complete to the next status which I'm guessing could be rejection/hold/II?

For those who have interviewed and heard back already, what was your turnaround time? I could have sworn they said 3 weeks, but it looks like most of you received an answer in 1-2 weeks.

For those who have interviewed and heard back already, what was your turnaround time? I could have sworn they said 3 weeks, but it looks like most of you received an answer in 1-2 weeks.
I interviewed on October 10th, got my decision on the 17th.

I submitted a secondary to this school prior to 9/1 and I haven't heard from them since, is anyone else in this boat?