2016-2017 University of Vermont Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Were any rejections sent out, or just waitlisted/accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know whether there OOS applicants are weighted less preferentially from IS students?

Does anyone know whether there OOS applicants are weighted less preferentially from IS students?

It's a public institution with funding from the state, so I believe they give preference to in-state applicants. However, that is not to say they aren't OOS friendly given the small population size of VT.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
So if we haven't received a II by now it's over right? Last interview day is still Saturday?

Reactions: 3 users
So if we haven't received a II by now it's over right? Last interview day is still Saturday?

Guess it's time to leave the pool :meh:. It's alright tho... the pool was a bit too cold for me anyway.

P.S. I tried to warm it up to no avail :mooning:

Reactions: 6 users
I know it's over at this point, but I wish they'd just pull the trigger lol

Reactions: 7 users
I am getting a little anxious about not receiving a admissions decision. I interviewed December 3rd and still haven't heard anything- and I noticed that some Dec 3rd people have already heard decisions (last week) and a January interviewee has heard before me. Are there any other December 3rd people who haven't heard? And do you think that they are still behind since tomorrow is the last interview date?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
^ I actually have the same question. I am 100% certain I will be attending UVM. I am from the west coast and am not sure whether its worth going to the second look day. I am mainly interested in getting to know future classmates, finding potential roommates, and learning more about the curriculum. Can someone who has been to closer look day share their experience? Also do you think its worth attending?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know what day the committee meets?

Guess we should be hearing soon if they are done interviewing.

Reactions: 1 users
Guess we should be hearing soon if they are done interviewing.
I hope so. I've been waiting 12 full weeks or 10 "admission" weeks (excluding the holidays) to hear back. I'm hopeful that I will hear back this Friday *crosses fingers*

So is this still official, anyone call?

Called today and was told that they were done interviewing, and that portals would be updated soon. Good luck to those waiting to hear post-interview!

Reactions: 4 users
Called today and was told that they were done interviewing, and that portals would be updated soon. Good luck to those waiting to hear post-interview!

Any indication of how soon is "soon?" Lol

Any indication of how soon is "soon?" Lol

When I called last Friday (2/24) the lady just said soon. She didn't know where they were at in the process of giving decisions for specific interview dates.

Waiting patiently for an acceptance here so I can sing
"I love Vermont":)
Good Luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Do you think we'll hear tomorrow?
Fingers crossed for an acceptance.

Do you think we'll hear tomorrow?
Fingers crossed for an acceptance.
I think we will hear Friday, since that's when most decisions come out. But I'd be happy to hear the decision tomorrow!
Good luck everyone!!

Ugh, guess we have to wait till tomorrow.
What's another day if if good news awaits us.
I'll wait and take it.:)

If any pre-II people are looking for closure, my portal was finally updated with a rejection (as anticipated.) Congrats to all those who were accepted and good luck to all of those who are waiting post-II!! Bye UVM :hello:

Reactions: 3 users
If any pre-II people are looking for closure, my portal was finally updated with a rejection (as anticipated.) Congrats to all those who were accepted and good luck to all of those who are waiting post-II!! Bye UVM :hello:
+1 see you later UVM

Has anyone heard anything yet, for those who have interviewed December-January?

have there been any post interview rejections? my buddy interviewed in November and hasn't heard :( I really want them to get in

I interviewed on Jan 28th. I called just now. She said it'd be another 1-2 weeks before decisions.

Rejected via portal update. No email. OOS.

I'm kinda feeling like I can't make movement on completing the pre-matriculation reqs. Has anyone been able to complete an of these?
...or maybe I'm still in the application mode where I should always be doing something and it's finally slowed down.

cut via portal too. havent checked since last year :bucktooth: