-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Virginia Commonwealth University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
interviewed Nov 2ndCongrats to all the acceptances! When did you all interview? And has anyone in the 11/19 group gotten accepted yet?
Think we'll get a portal update either way?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So are we thinking that all of today's acceptances have already gone out? If so, congrats to everyone that got accepted! For the rest of us, I guess I'll see you all in February.
I'm not at all thinking that.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yeah I'm hoping not :/
Yeah I'm hoping not :/
I remember when the October changes happened it happened over a period of 2 days
I think the matriculation tab came on 17th for everyone, and status message was on 18th for some. I don't think anyone had matriculation tab come up for first time on 18th. Someone can correct me if I am wrong though....I remember when the October changes happened it happened over a period of 2 days
I think the matriculation tab came on 17th for everyone, and status message was on 18th for some. I don't think anyone had matriculation tab come up for first time on 18th. Someone can correct me if I am wrong though....
Yeah I have a feeling all acceptances have gone out. I really hope I'm wrong but it seems like everyone got the tab around the same time last round.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ACCEPTED! Interviewed 12/6 and loved the school and people, I'm kind of in disbelief at the short turnaround.
Congrats. Did your portal just change now? Or is this the first time you checked the portal today?
Thanks! I got an email today around 1:30 saying status change and that's when I checked and had the matriculation form/fee tabsCongrats. Did your portal just change now? Or is this the first time you checked the portal today?
FINALLY an II today! Complete August 26; IS, LizzyM ~18-85 😉
How do you know your completion date? Did they send an email? I can't remember when I was complete
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was hoping for an II too but I can't compare to those impressive stats…FINALLY an II today! Complete August 26; IS, LizzyM ~18-85 😉
Don't give up hope that easily!Guess they're done with the acceptance offers...passed over twice now![]()
Were you previously put on hold?FINALLY an II today! Complete August 26; IS, LizzyM ~18-85 😉
That's the date they sent me an email saying that I had a status update which was when my portal first said that my application was "ready for review by the sub-committee", so I just took that as my complete date. I had that same status from August 26th until today, I never had the "very interested" status nor was I ever put on hold.How do you know your completion date? Did they send an email? I can't remember when I was complete
It really sounds like the 11/19 interview crew got passed over LOL. Settling in for the long wait (or a rejection, but they haven't told me that yet) 

That's the date they sent me an email saying that I had a status update which was when my portal first said that my application was "ready for review by the sub-committee", so I just took that as my complete date. I had that same status from August 26th until today, I never had the "very interested" status nor was I ever put on hold.
Okay thank you. I received that email August 11th which is when I think I submitted, but my status still says they will now do a review of my application.
Guess they're done with the acceptance offers...passed over twice now![]()
I feel your pain. I loved this school when I interviewed and was disappointed when I didn't get an acceptance today. I hope we get in next round! People in last years thread posted getting in after being passed over so hope is not lost.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait, my portal message changed to:
The Admissions Committee has met to discuss your file. Your application is being placed on hold for possible acceptance at a later date. We anticipate making offers around October 16, December 16, February 1, and March 16. If any of these dates falls on a weekend the offers will be made on the following Monday. Only offers of admission will be made on the dates above.
Anybody else?
The Admissions Committee has met to discuss your file. Your application is being placed on hold for possible acceptance at a later date. We anticipate making offers around October 16, December 16, February 1, and March 16. If any of these dates falls on a weekend the offers will be made on the following Monday. Only offers of admission will be made on the dates above.
Anybody else?
Wait, my portal message changed to:
The Admissions Committee has met to discuss your file. Your application is being placed on hold for possible acceptance at a later date. We anticipate making offers around October 16, December 16, February 1, and March 16. If any of these dates falls on a weekend the offers will be made on the following Monday. Only offers of admission will be made on the dates above.
Anybody else?
Not yet. Mine is still the interview complete status.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Wait, my portal message changed to:
The Admissions Committee has met to discuss your file. Your application is being placed on hold for possible acceptance at a later date. We anticipate making offers around October 16, December 16, February 1, and March 16. If any of these dates falls on a weekend the offers will be made on the following Monday. Only offers of admission will be made on the dates above.
Anybody else?
Lol yes. They probably read SDN and saw our neuroticism.
lol they also added please refrain from contacting our office at the end fmlLol yes. They probably read SDN and saw our neuroticism.
Anybody know of anyone who has been Rejected post interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel your pain. I loved this school when I interviewed and was disappointed when I didn't get an acceptance today. I hope we get in next round! People in last years thread posted getting in after being passed over so hope is not lost.
I feel your pain. Got passed twice as well. Any one got acceptance today that was passed on October acceptance date? Please share your good news and share your stats
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait, my portal message changed to:
The Admissions Committee has met to discuss your file. Your application is being placed on hold for possible acceptance at a later date. We anticipate making offers around October 16, December 16, February 1, and March 16. If any of these dates falls on a weekend the offers will be made on the following Monday. Only offers of admission will be made on the dates above.
Anybody else?
yes my changed to the same like your December 16
They added this too. I don't remember it being there before. Did anyone have this before:
Your profile will remain on hold, and you will receive no further communication from us concerning your hold status. The next status change you will be contacted about will be to offer you a position in the class, to notify you that you have been placed on the alternate list (the alternate list is formulated in late-March), or to notify you that the Committee will no longer be considering your file.
Your profile will remain on hold, and you will receive no further communication from us concerning your hold status. The next status change you will be contacted about will be to offer you a position in the class, to notify you that you have been placed on the alternate list (the alternate list is formulated in late-March), or to notify you that the Committee will no longer be considering your file.
Wait, my portal message changed to:
The Admissions Committee has met to discuss your file. Your application is being placed on hold for possible acceptance at a later date. We anticipate making offers around October 16, December 16, February 1, and March 16. If any of these dates falls on a weekend the offers will be made on the following Monday. Only offers of admission will be made on the dates above.
Anybody else?
When did you interview?
They added this too. I don't remember it being there before. Did anyone have this before:
Your profile will remain on hold, and you will receive no further communication from us concerning your hold status. The next status change you will be contacted about will be to offer you a position in the class, to notify you that you have been placed on the alternate list (the alternate list is formulated in late-March), or to notify you that the Committee will no longer be considering your file.
Yeesh, that first sentence seems a little abrasive.
Mid OctoberWhen did you interview?
Anybody? Somebody please help a brotha out!How many applicants are in each interview group? And is it a rotation system where the interviewees keep moving between stations? Lastly is there a rest station as well or all Q&A?
There were probably about 16 in my afternoon interview group (on a Saturday), with another 16 for the morning group. It might be less per group for weekday interviews. It is a rotation system with multiple stations (like any other MMI). There are no "rest stations," but you get a brief rest period like halfway through. Hope that helps!Anybody? Somebody please help a brotha out!
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
For accepted students, do they send us an acceptance packet? how do we proceed from here? also how long do we have to pay the deposit ?
B
BadNewsBears2016
Rejected pre-II this morning. Complete late September. Received an email saying my status updated this morning. Ciao!
For accepted students, do they send us an acceptance packet? how do we proceed from here? also how long do we have to pay the deposit ?
I believe the matriculation form and deposit are to be paid within 2 weeks of notice.
Any 11/19 interviewees on here see status changes beyond the "interview complete" status?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any 11/19 interviewees on here see status changes beyond the "interview complete" status?
Still nothing! I'm assuming it's a hold by this point...
I've asked this before, but still wondering if anyone has any idea. If they are already scheduling interviews for march does that mean they are almost done with sending more IIs??
Nope. I called admissions, and they seemed to allude that we would see a portal update with a different message after our interviews were reviewed and that they are most likely running behind schedule.Any 11/19 interviewees on here see status changes beyond the "interview complete" status?
Rejected Pre-II. OOS complete 9/17