2016-2017 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else not gotten an email from Wake yet? I was verified on July 8, but I haven't been contacted verifying that my application was received (this is the only school that hasn't sent a verification email yet).
Me! No verification email either aside from the moving one. Not too worried as I still have secondaries to write :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Me! No verification email either aside from the moving one. Not too worried as I still have secondaries to write :rolleyes:
I haven't even gotten the moving email! Haha I agree on the other secondaries.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay I can't open up the secondary on ANY browser after turning off Firewall, trying different internet connections (like in a local coffee shop). Anyone know how to troubleshoot this?

those were some tough secondary prompts

The price you got to pay to enter the noble profession of medicine in America.
Haha, no actually I have an AMCAS fee waiver, so I meant the price I would have had to pay. But of course there are plenty of other expenditures to worry about.

Does anyone who has received the secondary know if it gives more information about LOR requirements? Website is vague about the max number you can send. Anyone know?

When this school says to send in two letters of rec (in accordance with their site) do they mean exactly two, or do they mean two as a minimum with the possibility of others as supplemental?
Hey, did you ever get an answer on this? I'm trying to select which letters to send them through AMCAS now. MSAR says minimum 2, max of 6. And their website just says "two".

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, did you ever get an answer on this? I'm trying to select which letters to send them through AMCAS now. MSAR says minimum 2, max of 6. And their website just says "two".

Nope. Still not sure. I was thinking I might just send all 4-5 I'll have and hope that they don't mind if there's extra. Unless anyobody else knows...? :)

I haven't gotten anything either aside from the moving one. Like many schools, they probably do this in batches.

I haven't gotten anything either aside from the moving one. Like many schools, they probably do this in batches.
Fine by me. I still have more than enough secondaries to complete :eek:

I haven't gotten anything either. I got an email on 7/5 saying that the admissions office was moving and that the first batch of applications will be loaded starting 7/11. I have not heard anything yet or received the link to check app status.

Reactions: 2 users
For all those who are wondering where your secondary application is, go back and read messages 8, 27, 34, and 38. Just take a breath and relax...

You're right. Deep slow breaths is what I need right now. Unfortunately, I am experiencing application cycle-induced panic disorder, so you'll have to excuse my neuroticism.

Reactions: 1 users
You're right. Deep slow breaths is what I need right now. Unfortunately, I am experiencing application cycle-induced panic disorder, so you'll have to excuse my neuroticism.
Why are you panicking?! You are KILLING the application cycle with 5 II's already! Pretty sure we are applying to almost all the same schools and it's been very exciting to see someone with so much success so early (though I will admit you're making ME panic with my zero II's haha). Best of luck with the rest of the apps and I have no doubt Wake will be sending you a secondary in no time!

Reactions: 5 users
Why are you panicking?! You are KILLING the application cycle with 5 II's already! Pretty sure we are applying to almost all the same schools and it's been very exciting to see someone with so much success so early (though I will admit you're making ME panic with my zero II's haha). Best of luck with the rest of the apps and I have no doubt Wake will be sending you a secondary in no time!

You're right. I am being kinda ridiculous right now. I hate to know what I'll be like on 10/15 when people start receiving acceptances (if I can even make it till then). I just need to find ways to keep my mind off this stuff since the app cycle is nothing but a series of waiting games. Stalking school-specific threads definitely doesn't help the situation.

Got the secondary invite just now! After receiving that generic "check your status" email near the end of last week

Okay I am worried now. Still do not have the secondary. I mean my LizzyM is a 67, but I thought I would at least receive a secondary.

Just got the secondary. Anyone having trouble getting it to load? It won't open for me when I click on the link. I've tried explorer, chrome and firefox

I finally got the "check your app status" email this morning. They said a decision to send a secondary could take 1-2 weeks. Hopefully it arrives soon:(.

I finally got the "check your app status" email this morning. They said a decision to send a secondary could take 1-2 weeks. Hopefully it arrives soon:(.

I got that status two days ago and the secondary the next. I'm sure yours will come sooner than you think!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got an email today that they got my AMCAS app and "this is NOT" the secondary application. I was verified 6/14 and already received the email about their moving office. Weird...

I got an email today that they got my AMCAS app and "this is NOT" the secondary application. I was verified 6/14 and already received the email about their moving office. Weird...

Got the same thing. Secondary came a few days after.

Apparently, my app has been evaluated and I will be sent a secondary in the next 1-2 weeks. We're making progress slowly but surely.:)

Apparently, my app has been evaluated and I will be sent a secondary in the next 1-2 weeks. We're making progress slowly but surely.:)
LOL ...and your II went from 5 to 6 if I remember correctly....you really need to chill out, my friend haha.

Did you get an email saying that an haha yeah your 5 IIs went to 6 IIs! Congrats. You are really killing it.

Did you get an email saying that an haha yeah your 5 IIs went to 6 IIs! Congrats. You are really killing it.

No, I didn't get an email. I just did my usual obsessive checking of app status on the portal.

For the people who got the email saying your AMCAS app had been downloaded, did you get this email beforehand?

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your 2017 medical school application to Wake Forest School of Medicine. Wake Forest School of Medicine and The Office of Admissions is currently moving to the Bowman Gray Center for Medical Education in Wake ForestInnovation Quarter. Due to the move there will be a 1-2 week delay in processing your application. We anticipate downloading the first load of applicants the week of July 11th. Once your application is downloaded you will receive an emailed notification with a link to check your application status during the admissions cycle. We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to reviewing your application. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Ashley Kelley
Student Admissions Administrator

If so, how much later did the AMCAS app download email come in?

They send an automated email with a link to check your app status. They do emphasize, however, that it is NOT an indication of a secondary invite.
What. I have not gotten that email even. The ONLY email I have gotten:
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your 2017 medical school application to Wake Forest School of Medicine. Wake Forest School of Medicine and The Office of Admissions is currently moving to the Bowman Gray Center for Medical Education in Wake Forest Innovation Quarter. Due to the move there will be a 1-2 week delay in processing your application. We anticipate downloading the first load of applicants the week of July 11th. Once your application is downloaded you will receive an emailed notification with a link to check your application status during the admissions cycle. We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to reviewing your application. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Ashley Kelley

What. I have not gotten that email even. The ONLY email I have gotten:
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your 2017 medical school application to Wake Forest School of Medicine. Wake Forest School of Medicine and The Office of Admissions is currently moving to the Bowman Gray Center for Medical Education in Wake Forest Innovation Quarter. Due to the move there will be a 1-2 week delay in processing your application. We anticipate downloading the first load of applicants the week of July 11th. Once your application is downloaded you will receive an emailed notification with a link to check your application status during the admissions cycle. We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to reviewing your application. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Ashley Kelley

I got that email earlier this month. This one just came in this morning.

Okay so maybe I will wait til Friday morning to call them. Thanks for the info!

I am in the same boat, got the mail about moving a while back and nothing since.
But I don't think it's cause for concern as their Adcom said earlier in the thread , think they just started sending last week and they are doing it in batches . We just need to hang in and wait.

I am in the same boat, got the mail about moving a while back and nothing since.
But I don't think it's cause for concern as their Adcom said earlier in the thread , think they just started sending last week and they are doing it in batches . We just need to hang in and wait.
+1

Status check email received! Nice to see they didn't loose my app ;)

I got the email this morning saying that they had received my application from AMCAS and then this evening got the secondary invite, so I wouldn't worry if you haven't gotten that email about receiving your application from AMCAS! They seem to be turning over the applications they download pretty quick

I got the email this morning saying that they had received my application from AMCAS and then this evening got the secondary invite, so I wouldn't worry if you haven't gotten that email about receiving your application from AMCAS! They seem to be turning over the applications they download pretty quick
We are settled into the new building and all the bugs from the download from AMCAS have been worked out. The download from AMCAS is a little different each year and it takes time to test it in our system.

+1