2016-2017 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status email too!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who also had issues getting their secondary link to work, I remain rather curious on how you resolved the issue.

Not only have I attempted opening the link with different internet connections, different browsers, and disabled firewall, but I have now moved countries and continue having the same issue.

I get an "oracle" error page each time.

This is getting rather frustrating, as I am very interested in Wake Forest and have not had this issue with the other 15+ secondaries for other schools that I've completed.
This happened to me too and constantly throughout my undergrad which uses the same system- try opening in a separate window (doesn't matter what browser, just a brand new window and not a different tab) and don't copy and paste your password or ID, type it all out and see if that works. I know absolutely nothing about computers and kind of hate them but that worked for me every time!

Secondary received today, LM 73, verified 7/19

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone submitting more than just the 2 required LORs?
Yes. I emailed them a while ago about this because I'm not using a committee letter and they said "You can submit up to six letters of evaluation but note that if you receive a secondary application you will be asked to list two and these are the only ones we guarantee that will be reviewed."

Has anyone gotten a confirmation email as well after submitting their secondary. I submitted my secondary last week, but haven't heard anything since

Applying with a 3.85 and 508, would you guys advise submitting the secondary or Saving my money? (NJ resident, weak ties to NC)

The secondary application link will NOT work outside the USA due to the medical center's firewall. Call the Admissions Office if you are in that situation and we will work with you.

Also, we do not send out confirmation emails after we receive the secondary until your application is file complete (meaning we have downloaded the secondary app and verified your letters of evaluation).

Reactions: 1 users
The secondary application link will NOT work outside the USA due to the medical center's firewall. Call the Admissions Office if you are in that situation and we will work with you.

Also, we do not send out confirmation emails after we receive the secondary until your application is file complete (meaning we have downloaded the secondary app and verified your letters of evaluation).

Around how long does that usually take?

Officially just received the secondary after the "check your status email" yesterday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone give me advice on whether I should submit my app to wake forest without my new mcat score? I have an old score on my report, I'm just worried it will get me kicked out although my new test date is on it. I would like to have it ready by the time my new score comes in. Any good advice is appreciated :)

Can anyone give me advice on whether I should submit my app to wake forest without my new mcat score? I have an old score on my report, I'm just worried it will get me kicked out although my new test date is on it. I would like to have it ready by the time my new score comes in. Any good advice is appreciated :)

Says on the website they accept all the way back to April 2013 for the 2017 cycle so I'm thinking you're good!

Still waiting on any sort of communication from them (verified 7/13). They're the last secondary I need to submit, but it would've been nice to have it sent in before the end of the month. Oh well.

Says on the website they accept all the way back to April 2013 for the 2017 cycle so I'm thinking you're good!
I think I may have worded my question a little weirdly. I don't want for the committee to consider my old score as I'm retaking the MCAT. So I'm worried that my app will get kicked out before my new score is in...?

I think I may have worded my question a little weirdly. I don't want for the committee to consider my old score as I'm retaking the MCAT. So I'm worried that my app will get kicked out before my new score is in...?

School's can see that you have a test date coming up. You can submit, but they won't make any admissions decisions until they have that score

secondary received its about dang time

School's can see that you have a test date coming up. You can submit, but they won't make any admissions decisions until they have that score

While this is true at the vast majority schools it's not necessarily true at all schools. You should just ask admissions they'll tell you exactly what you need to do. My friend was in the same situation and she was told by most schools to go ahead and submit. Tufts, however, told her to hold off.

Submitting ASAP is likely the right move but I would definitely verify with the people over at Wake Forrest.

While this is true at the vast majority schools it's not necessarily true at all schools. You should just ask admissions they'll tell you exactly what you need to do. My friend was in the same situation and she was told by most schools to go ahead and submit. Tufts, however, told her to hold off.

Submitting ASAP is likely the right move but I would definitely verify with the people over at Wake Forrest.
Thank you! That is probably the safest move

Secondary received 7/27/16 OOS, verified 7/22/16

I'm complete but never got a complete email (yes I checked my spam folder). Anybody else in the same situation?

Anyone else having trouble submitting the payment? I don't get an error message when I submit but nothing happens at all. It seems like I need to click again but I'm hesitant due to the "CLICK ONLY ONCE" warning...

I'm complete but never got a complete email (yes I checked my spam folder). Anybody else in the same situation?
I don't think they send one right away, not completely certain of that though haha.

Huh, I was verified 7/13 and still nothing for secondaries... guess they're kind of sending them out randomly after the move?

Huh, I was verified 7/13 and still nothing for secondaries... guess they're kind of sending them out randomly after the move?

I wouldn't worry too much. I was verified on 6/16 and didn't receive my secondary until 7/21.

lol, verified 6/29. no response. Im guessing thats an exit sign from the school

@Pathdocmd, is it even worth applying OOS with a 508 MCAT (127/126/127/128)?

Other relevant stats:
-Re-applicant from 2015-2016 cycle (though did not apply to Wake Forest last year)
-cGPA: 3.91
-sGPA: 3.94
-First MCAT: 29 (9/9/11)
-1 published paper in Molecular Biology. Honors Thesis at undergraduate
-1 year scribing in urology clinic, 3 months interning in pediatric hospital shadowing a number of pediatric specialties and doing clinical research, 3 months shadowing cosmetic dermatologist, 11 months volunteering at abused women's shelter

I already submitted the primary, but was wondering if it was even worth submitting a secondary with such a low MCAT?

@Pathdocmd, is it even worth applying OOS with a 508 MCAT (127/126/127/128)?

Other relevant stats:
-Re-applicant from 2015-2016 cycle (though did not apply to Wake Forest last year)
-cGPA: 3.91
-sGPA: 3.94
-First MCAT: 29 (9/9/11)
-1 published paper in Molecular Biology. Honors Thesis at undergraduate
-1 year scribing in urology clinic, 3 months interning in pediatric hospital shadowing a number of pediatric specialties and doing clinical research, 3 months shadowing cosmetic dermatologist, 11 months volunteering at abused women's shelter

I already submitted the primary, but was wondering if it was even worth submitting a secondary with such a low MCAT?

I don't make these kind of judgments on SDN, but 508 isn't that low and there are several people in the class of 2020 with that score. Our reviewers look at the essays, descriptions of the experiences, letters, etc before placing a person in a interview category. About OOS, 65-75% of each class is not from NC (it depends on the year).

I don't make these kind of judgments on SDN, but 508 isn't that low and there are several people in the class of 2020 with that score. Our reviewers look at the essays, descriptions of the experiences, letters, etc before placing a person in a interview category. About OOS, 65-75% of each class is not from NC (it depends on the year).
Thanks

I had my primary sent to them roughly two weeks ago and have heard nothing from them. Do they have a long delay in sending the secondaries, or is this time to start panicking?

No because your screener or interviewer may think "That wasn't the question."

If I have a relative that graduated from Wake Forest SOM, should I simply state it or elaborate on how his experiences have influenced me to attend the school? I'm not sure if this question is asking for a straight, simple answer.

Has anyone gotten a confirmation email as well after submitting their secondary. I submitted my secondary last week, but haven't heard anything since
I submitted the secondary on July 21 and haven't gotten anything either.

Alright so I just FINALLY got an e-mail. I was verified mid june and they just sent an email to the portal so I can check my status. But still haven't been sent a secondary. Is this normal?

Alright so I just FINALLY got an e-mail. I was verified mid june and they just sent an email to the portal so I can check my status. But still haven't been sent a secondary. Is this normal?

Just got that today too. Assuming this means they screen before sending out secondaries?

+1

Yeah that is normal. I am assuming your status says that a secondary will be emailed to you shortly, or something like that? It should come within a few days now.

I also got the secondary this morning and submitted it, but I'm guessing there'll be some significant turnaround time before it's completed. Ah well... good luck to everyone!

I also got the secondary this morning and submitted it, but I'm guessing there'll be some significant turnaround time before it's completed. Ah well... good luck to everyone!
Wow you turned that around really fast!