*2016-2017 Washington State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone who interviewed today willing to shed light on the interview process?

If the itineraries are the same for each interview date, they won't be done interviewing until 6:00 PM. But, I'm all in on wanting to hear about it!
 
We signed an agreement saying we wouldn't talk about the interview day. Everything you need to know is on the website.

Are you sure you didn't sign something saying you wouldn't talk about the interview questions/scenarios? Because that's the only thing I've ever seen/heard of and ever had to sign was for MMI stations.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Are you sure you didn't sign something saying you wouldn't talk about the interview questions/scenarios? Because that's the only thing I've ever seen/heard of and ever had to sign was for MMI stations.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Same! What else would they not want others to know about?
 
They aren't exactly following their own mixed messages at this point. They've been telling everyone different things, giving different timelines, which is a bit worrisome to me. If you don't know when you'll be done - you should be saying something like "we don't know the exact time frame". Admin/public relations/project leadership 101 - if you're not confident in dates you are going to give out, be vague and don't give out exact dates!


Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
 
I know this is stressful for those who have yet to receive invites (myself included), but honestly, I wouldn't stress too greatly until a new batch goes out. We know that another is forthcoming and that it hasn't happened yet.

This week, they wrote to me: "We hope to have all invitations for interviews sent out by next week". At this point, they're really just giving us their best guesses. Timelines can change when you are in the trenches. Although I do agree that they should be more tight-lipped about their best guesses...
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ugh so that means that they won't be accepting any applicants immediately, so not much benefit if we're interviewing much earlier?

That's the impression I got. But it makes sense that they would want to be careful about selecting for their charter class.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Just talked to admissions! As per usual, to be taken with a grain of salt. But the lady I talked to said that they plan on sending out all interview invites sporadically between now and next Thursday. After that they will send out rejections.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to all those receiving invites to WSU. Although I live out of state now, I used to live in a suburb of Seattle and was very happy to see that WSU started its own med school rather than the UW keeping its monopoly on allo medical education in Washington state. I wish you the best of success in your interviews and hope that you all are admitted.
 
Did you receive an actual rejection? Or does the fight go on? :-/

Silence as of now. Honestly I won't be too upset, since my GPA for MD schools is *really* low. I did a post-bacc and used AACOMAS grade replacement.

WSU did kinda get my hopes up by approving my residency waiver though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad