*2016-2017 Washington State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone with interviews tomorrow! :) you're going to be great!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone who interviewed today willing to shed light on the interview process?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who interviewed today willing to shed light on the interview process?

If the itineraries are the same for each interview date, they won't be done interviewing until 6:00 PM. But, I'm all in on wanting to hear about it!

We signed an agreement saying we wouldn't talk about the interview day. Everything you need to know is on the website.

Are you sure you didn't sign something saying you wouldn't talk about the interview questions/scenarios? Because that's the only thing I've ever seen/heard of and ever had to sign was for MMI stations.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Are you sure you didn't sign something saying you wouldn't talk about the interview questions/scenarios? Because that's the only thing I've ever seen/heard of and ever had to sign was for MMI stations.

Same! What else would they not want others to know about?

Ug still no II. It's killing me.

Reactions: 3 users
They aren't exactly following their own mixed messages at this point. They've been telling everyone different things, giving different timelines, which is a bit worrisome to me. If you don't know when you'll be done - you should be saying something like "we don't know the exact time frame". Admin/public relations/project leadership 101 - if you're not confident in dates you are going to give out, be vague and don't give out exact dates!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I know this is stressful for those who have yet to receive invites (myself included), but honestly, I wouldn't stress too greatly until a new batch goes out. We know that another is forthcoming and that it hasn't happened yet.

This week, they wrote to me: "We hope to have all invitations for interviews sent out by next week". At this point, they're really just giving us their best guesses. Timelines can change when you are in the trenches. Although I do agree that they should be more tight-lipped about their best guesses...

Last edited:
For those who have interviewed already, did they say how soon you would hear about their decision?

II this morning. IS, 3.3, 513. Only early march dates were available.

Reactions: 3 users
They said the first round of acceptances will go out at the end of February or beginning of March.

Ugh so that means that they won't be accepting any applicants immediately, so not much benefit if we're interviewing much earlier?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone who interviewed know if you're 1 on 1 part of the MMI was open or closed file?

Ugh so that means that they won't be accepting any applicants immediately, so not much benefit if we're interviewing much earlier?

That's the impression I got. But it makes sense that they would want to be careful about selecting for their charter class.

That's the impression I got. But it makes sense that they would want to be careful about selecting for their charter class.

I agree. And the interview pool isn't large to begin with.

So only one II from this thread as of this morning?

This is just straight up speculation, but I have a feeling interviews will be sent out sporadically instead of bunches due to the delay in the application review and the sheer number of applicants

Just talked to admissions! As per usual, to be taken with a grain of salt. But the lady I talked to said that they plan on sending out all interview invites sporadically between now and next Thursday. After that they will send out rejections.

Reactions: 1 users
Just talked to admissions! As per usual, to be taken with a grain of salt. But the lady I talked to said that they plan on sending out all interview invites sporadically between now and next Thursday. After that they will send out rejections.
Soooo still late February?

Reactions: 2 users

There was no benefit in turning in your secondary earlier either

Out of how many total dates? Did they go to the end of March?
There were only two dates available for me to choose, both in early March. However, I don't know if there are any other dates still available.

Got an interview invite this morning. 3.95 graduate GPA, 505 mcat. Turned in application the first day it was available though. 3 interview dates were available, March 10th and the two Fridays after that.

II!!!!!! I'm so excited and relieved!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Dates available were 10th, 17th, 24th, for whatever that's worth.

II. OMG it seems to have finally happened for all of us!

Joining the II crew!!

If it's of any consolation, you still have my favorite handle/avatar combo on this site.

It actually is a consolation. Cuz if you even get it then I know you're awesome.

Congratulations to all those receiving invites to WSU. Although I live out of state now, I used to live in a suburb of Seattle and was very happy to see that WSU started its own med school rather than the UW keeping its monopoly on allo medical education in Washington state. I wish you the best of success in your interviews and hope that you all are admitted.

Did you receive an actual rejection? Or does the fight go on? :-/

Silence as of now. Honestly I won't be too upset, since my GPA for MD schools is *really* low. I did a post-bacc and used AACOMAS grade replacement.

WSU did kinda get my hopes up by approving my residency waiver though.

Haven't gotten one yet either but I emailed admissions and they are still giving more out this week so there is hope!

II here too, march 24th was the only available date

Wow I wonder why the last batch had so many of us in it... I wonder what they sorted by?