You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*2016-2017 Washington State University Application Thread
Started by precisiongraphic
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
THANK YOU for the reminder. These weeks have been flying by.Anyone else put off completing the secondary until the last minute? #oops
I might've missed it, but did WSU say what they would do with students if they were not able to get accreditation?
Also what are everyone's thoughts on being the first class in a medical school? I can't decide if it's worth the risk of potentially not getting a quality education.
Also what are everyone's thoughts on being the first class in a medical school? I can't decide if it's worth the risk of potentially not getting a quality education.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I might've missed it, but did WSU say what they would do with students if they were not able to get accreditation?
Also what are everyone's thoughts on being the first class in a medical school? I can't decide if it's worth the risk of potentially not getting a quality education.
I thought I read somewhere that they would work to get their students into other schools and pay the remaining tuition.. or did I just dream that?
I wouldn't say the that there is much risk in the quality of the education, per se. I mean, many of the professors at WSU had taught the UW students. Although the curriculum is different. But if the school is accredited then I trust they would be subjected to the appropriate standards in education.
I think going to a new medical school would have a lot of unique opportunities. Opportunities to show leadership in ways that you may not get from other medical schools.
snuck that one in under the wire, only took me 3.5 weeks. Opps. I had all my other secondaries in by the latest mid July...
Still not done...snuck that one in under the wire, only took me 3.5 weeks. Opps. I had all my other secondaries in by the latest mid July...
Lol just submitted mine today too... really hoping for an interview though! T.T
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Finally finished. Talk about cutting it close....
Haha was it due at midnight?Finally finished. Talk about cutting it close....
How many people do you think applied here? Seems like its not super well known, havent been seeing ads about it much but then again im never watching tv
11:59.Haha was it due at midnight?
How many people do you think applied here? Seems like its not super well known, havent been seeing ads about it much but then again im never watching tv
Yeah I agree. It was such a quick deadline too. Plus the only reason that I knew they got preliminary accreditation was from spamming f5 on their website and the SDN notifications from the UW thread
Edit: plus their website is god awful to navigate. I literally have to google whatever I need from it if I want to find it since none of the menus are navigable
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1. I'm not sure if I answered this question the way that they wanted.That "describe a relationship" question was just weird. It didn't ask anything about how it will affect your decision making or anything. Just what you like in a mentor.
Definitely some of my weakest essays of the cycle.
"Hundreds"Not sure how accurate this is but read it a few weeks ago.
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/nov/17/new-wsu-medical-school-attracts-hundreds-of-applic/
Seems like more people know about it than I ever thought.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
And that was mid November, I bet it's higher than that now600, damn thats a lot more than i wouldve thought
And that was mid November, I bet it's higher than that now
My feeling is that that many sent in primaries but the number of completed secondaries is much lower
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Anyone get an II yet?
Anyone get an II yet?
Nothing yet!
+1Nothing yet!
nothing yet, still waiting
Where did you find this information, if you don't mind me asking? Also, do you know how many applicants are competing for those spots ?IIRC, ESFCOM will be extending interviews to 325 applicants. I'm really surprised their have yet to be any IIs as in December they're not only sending all the interviews, but scheduling them as well. IIs gotta be coming literally any day! Go Cougs!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If they received 600 applications when that article from before was written... that's like half of all applicants. Hmm
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
If they received 600 applications when that article from before was written... that's like half of all applicants. Hmm
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
That doesn't seem too outrageous. I could see them needing to accept over double the charter class size to fill the seats.
Yeah I could see 2.5 even.That doesn't seem too outrageous. I could see them needing to accept over double the charter class size to fill the seats.
Where did you find this information, if you don't mind me asking? Also, do you know how many applicants are competing for those spots ?
Another SDNer went to a WSU info session in Seattle and the presenter said there would be around 320 interviews. It's posted earlier in this thread. Because this is not something officially stated on their website, I'm taking it with a bit of a grain of salt. However, it does seem like a very reasonable amount of IIs.
Last edited:
Yeah I could see 2.5 even.
Agreed, a yield below 50% wouldnt be all that unexpected, that is a fairly normal number, so with the timing and everything here I wouldn't be surprised if it's around there or lower
Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
Still waiting... I was completed back on November 6th...Hmm ... wonder when the first II's will be sent out
did you get a complete email?Still waiting... I was completed back on November 6th...
Yep, just after I submitted it on the 6th. You can also go back to the portal to make sure it says submitted.did you get a complete email?
I mean I got a "you submitted your secondary email," not one that said anything about it having been reviewed/in pool of interview candidates.Yep, just after I submitted it on the 6th. You can also go back to the portal to make sure it says submitted.
I attended the information session at UW and they said that they would have II out before the 15th, IIRC.
I attended the information session at UW and they said that they would have II out before the 15th, IIRC.
That's soon!
That's this Thursday.That's soon!
Hey everyone!
Just read an article today
Over 700 applications
420 completed secondaries
IIs coming out late December
Just read an article today
Over 700 applications
420 completed secondaries
IIs coming out late December
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ooooh interesting... is that what that means?"The original batch of applicants has been reduced to 450 qualified candidates who completed secondary applications."
Omg, I didn't even know the secondary was screened! Woo, we made it through a hoop!
I hope youre not playing with my emotions now..So does that mean they are offering about 320 interviews out of 450 which is roughly 70 percent?
1. I would never crush your dreams of making it through hoops, you deserve to make it through every hoop but -"The original batch of applicants has been reduced to 450 qualified candidates who completed secondary applications."
Omg, I didn't even know the secondary was screened! Woo, we made it through a hoop!
2. It could be people like me who didn't turn in the secondary
