-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*2016-2017 Washington State University Application Thread
Started by precisiongraphic
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So we have 2 days left.... even more scary
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejections too?Admissions just let me know ALL interview invites will be dispersed this week
Well you can infer that if you don't get an II this week you're not getting in.Rejections too?
Clearly... Just hoping that if I don't receive an II this week there will be some written closure. That would be an easier pill to swallow than silent rejection, ya know?Well you can infer that if you don't get an II this week you're not getting in.
Agreed, an email either way would be nice. Does it seem like they've even sent out another batch since the one Tuesday night?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Doesn't seem like it so far
So probably in 2 hours or 26 hours based on the timing of the last ones. Jeez WSU.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Frantically refreshing anyone?
All day errydayFrantically refreshing anyone?
I bet it will be tomorrow. Makes more sense to do it on a Friday anyway.
Did anyone receive an II tonight? If not I guess they'll send everything out tomorrow before Christmas. Makes sense.
Nope. I'm getting nervous, sir.Did anyone receive an II tonight? If not I guess they'll send everything out tomorrow before Christmas. Makes sense.
Last edited:
I'm with ya.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1
Geez this feels awful guys.
Like waiting for MCAT score to come back
WELP. I was overconfident I guess.
it aint 5 yet
If WSU doesn't send out emails tonight, I propose colormecolorful gets a permanent ban.it aint 5 yet
@colormecolorful is laughing so hard right now
It would be hard for me to believe that I wouldn't get an II...Lizzy 70, 10 plus year experience in human services with underserved, lifetime WA resident, multiple hardships overcome to get to this point... I definitely didn't think I would be getting silence. Hope all the others that are in this boat are getting lots of love elsewhere, and maybe there is still hope.
It would be hard for me to believe that I wouldn't get an II...Lizzy 70, 10 plus year experience in human services with underserved, lifetime WA resident, multiple hardships overcome to get to this point... I definitely didn't think I would be getting silence. Hope all the others that are in this boat are getting lots of love elsewhere, and maybe there is still hope.
There's many people in here who should have an II from this school. They definitely haven't sent out the additional batch(es).
It's snowing in Spokane. Does that mean anything?
I don't mean to offer conflicting information, but when I spoke to the interview contact person on my II email, she explicitly said "we will try to get another batch out by the end of the week". Try is the key word there. She also made it seem (implicitly) that several more batches will be sent out, not just one more.
Haha I would ban me too! The admissions staff I talked to was very confident about only sending them out today due to the holidays and scheduling and what not. But WSU has never really followed their timeline in the past
Bring on the ban-hammer, it's past 5! But really - where are those II's
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Haha I would ban me too! The admissions staff I talked to was very confident about only sending them out today due to the holidays and scheduling and what not. But WSU has never really followed their timeline in the past
This thread is an emotional roller coaster.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need a pitchfork smiley right about now.Bring on the ban-hammer, it's past 5! But really - where are those II's
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Is no one else freaked out by this tidbit?
ur lying
Is no one else freaked out by this tidbit?

LM ~72. I chose the 1/27 date, looking forward to seeing some of you there!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
When I selected an interview date on 12/21, January options were all full. Regardless, if you haven't been rejected yet, and think you deserve an II, you'll probably get one. When I spoke with them, it seemed they weren't being very selective with who they sent out II too. She told me that they were sending them out as batches of secondaries were done being reviewed. I'm only saying all these things to ease tensions, I think you guys are understandably anxious (I would be too) but logic points to your probably getting an II.
I'd be very surprised if a substantial amount don't come out next week
I don't know about anyone else, but all of these delays and info discrepancies really make WSU look disorganized. I was excited about the possibility of attending here but now I'm nervous that their program will have similar problems.
I don't know about anyone else, but all of these delays and info discrepancies really make WSU look disorganized. I was excited about the possibility of attending here but now I'm nervous that their program will have similar problems.
Lol this is their first admissions process, and a super rushed one at that. I would be hard pressed to compare their entire academics/program to this last week or two of the admissions process.
No US MD program can keep me out, realistically
All of them basically have no courtesy, reject you silently, refuse to comment on how you can improve, etc. Admissions is a crap shoot, just do your best and live with the results
All of them basically have no courtesy, reject you silently, refuse to comment on how you can improve, etc. Admissions is a crap shoot, just do your best and live with the results
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No US MD program can keep me out, realistically
All of them basically have no courtesy, reject you silently, refuse to comment on how you can improve, etc. Admissions is a crap shoot, just do your best and live with the results
I know that feel. I was so down on myself at the end of last cycle.
B
bluelagoon 521
II just now!
II just now!
+1 - Scheduled for Feb. 3rd.
How many dates were available this time?
Edit: and congrats on II!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Edit: and congrats on II!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
How many dates were available this time?
Edit: and congrats on II!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I think it was every Friday in February. Honestly I didn't look long I just picked the first date open and signed up.