*2016-2017 Washington State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Admissions just let me know ALL interview invites will be dispersed this week

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
... even more scary

Members don't see this ad :)
Well you can infer that if you don't get an II this week you're not getting in.
Clearly... Just hoping that if I don't receive an II this week there will be some written closure. That would be an easier pill to swallow than silent rejection, ya know?

Reactions: 1 user
So probably in 2 hours or 26 hours based on the timing of the last ones. Jeez WSU.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I bet it will be tomorrow. Makes more sense to do it on a Friday anyway.

Did anyone receive an II tonight? If not I guess they'll send everything out tomorrow before Christmas. Makes sense.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone receive an II tonight? If not I guess they'll send everything out tomorrow before Christmas. Makes sense.
Nope. I'm getting nervous, sir.

Last edited:
Geez this feels awful guys.

Reactions: 2 users
It would be hard for me to believe that I wouldn't get an II...Lizzy 70, 10 plus year experience in human services with underserved, lifetime WA resident, multiple hardships overcome to get to this point... I definitely didn't think I would be getting silence. Hope all the others that are in this boat are getting lots of love elsewhere, and maybe there is still hope.

It would be hard for me to believe that I wouldn't get an II...Lizzy 70, 10 plus year experience in human services with underserved, lifetime WA resident, multiple hardships overcome to get to this point... I definitely didn't think I would be getting silence. Hope all the others that are in this boat are getting lots of love elsewhere, and maybe there is still hope.

There's many people in here who should have an II from this school. They definitely haven't sent out the additional batch(es).

I don't mean to offer conflicting information, but when I spoke to the interview contact person on my II email, she explicitly said "we will try to get another batch out by the end of the week". Try is the key word there. She also made it seem (implicitly) that several more batches will be sent out, not just one more.

Haha I would ban me too! The admissions staff I talked to was very confident about only sending them out today due to the holidays and scheduling and what not. But WSU has never really followed their timeline in the past

Bring on the ban-hammer, it's past 5! But really - where are those II's

Reactions: 3 users
Haha I would ban me too! The admissions staff I talked to was very confident about only sending them out today due to the holidays and scheduling and what not. But WSU has never really followed their timeline in the past

This thread is an emotional roller coaster.

LM ~72. I chose the 1/27 date, looking forward to seeing some of you there!

When I selected an interview date on 12/21, January options were all full. Regardless, if you haven't been rejected yet, and think you deserve an II, you'll probably get one. When I spoke with them, it seemed they weren't being very selective with who they sent out II too. She told me that they were sending them out as batches of secondaries were done being reviewed. I'm only saying all these things to ease tensions, I think you guys are understandably anxious (I would be too) but logic points to your probably getting an II.

I propose a permanent ban on ACP8 too, even if his II is real.

Reactions: 4 users
I'd be very surprised if a substantial amount don't come out next week

I don't know about anyone else, but all of these delays and info discrepancies really make WSU look disorganized. I was excited about the possibility of attending here but now I'm nervous that their program will have similar problems.

I don't know about anyone else, but all of these delays and info discrepancies really make WSU look disorganized. I was excited about the possibility of attending here but now I'm nervous that their program will have similar problems.

Lol this is their first admissions process, and a super rushed one at that. I would be hard pressed to compare their entire academics/program to this last week or two of the admissions process.

No US MD program can keep me out, realistically

All of them basically have no courtesy, reject you silently, refuse to comment on how you can improve, etc. Admissions is a crap shoot, just do your best and live with the results

No US MD program can keep me out, realistically

All of them basically have no courtesy, reject you silently, refuse to comment on how you can improve, etc. Admissions is a crap shoot, just do your best and live with the results

I know that feel. I was so down on myself at the end of last cycle.

How many dates were available this time?

Edit: and congrats on II!!!

I think it was every Friday in February. Honestly I didn't look long I just picked the first date open and signed up.